Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 398269 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1170 on: May 26, 2017, 08:24:02 am »
Still kind of a narrow victory in a state Trump carried by 21 points.  I have a feeling had not 2/3rd of the ballot had already been cast, that body slam might have cost him the victory.

Ironbite-ON TO GEORGIA!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1171 on: May 26, 2017, 09:32:52 am »
Well, more and more of his voters have started to regret voting him:

Some because he broke his promise about fixing and expanding the healthcare, others because he isn't keeping jobs in USA like he promised and some...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1172 on: May 26, 2017, 12:07:48 pm »
Still kind of a narrow victory in a state Trump carried by 21 points.  I have a feeling had not 2/3rd of the ballot had already been cast, that body slam might have cost him the victory.

Ironbite-ON TO GEORGIA!

And South Carolina.

The Gianforte/Quist results should add to the Republican panic about 2018, but, unfortunately, I think they'll just blame it on the whole assault thing and pretend there's no problem.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1173 on: May 26, 2017, 05:15:29 pm »
https://twitter.com/pacelattin/status/867949635028959232/video/1

...If Clinton had acted like this how many seconds would it have taken before the GOP would have screamed that she must be removed from office due to medical reasons?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1174 on: May 26, 2017, 05:56:03 pm »
One of our closest mid-east allies and he got bored with the event.  An event put on for his benefit.

Ironbite-25th should've been invoked long ago.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #1175 on: May 26, 2017, 09:14:51 pm »
So, big breaking story from the Washington Post.

Turns out, Jared Kushner met with Michael Flynn and Sergey Kislyak at Trump Tower on December 1st or 2nd of 2016 to discuss the possibility of creating a secure communications line between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin using the Russian embassy. If this sounds fucking stupid, that's because it is: the FBI and CIA would certainly have discovered such a communications line because a person of high-profile (Kushner) would repeatedly be at a place that is under intense scrutiny (the Russian embassy). The Russians, who nobody has accused of being idiots, realized that would be a terrible idea.

Not to be undone by his own stupidity, the wunderkind of the Trump family (who by no coincidence happens to be the only one that is not biologically related to the Donald) informed the Russians that some form of a secure channel was "necessary for the Trump team to be able to continue their communication with Russian government officials."

Flynn, being stupid in addition to treasonous, discussed the possibility of orchestrating a meeting between a Trump representative and a Russian contact in a third country to avoid detection. Less than six weeks later, this asshole, who happens to be an "informal adviser" to the president, met with a representative of Vladimir Putin in Seychelles.

In closing, this Washington Post subscription is putting in some work. Money well spent. Netflix, you need to up your game. I don't advertise products often, but I will risk a warning from the mods to say that a subscription to the Washington Post is important for any proud citizen of our democracy.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:22:35 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1176 on: May 27, 2017, 12:01:29 am »
So basically, America is run by an egotistical incompetent and a bunch of Russian spies. Honestly, I'm amazed that Trump's government is as terrible as it is. I was expecting just another Bush or Reagan, not this utter caricature of terrible leadership.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1177 on: May 27, 2017, 12:51:06 am »
...The authorities DID notice the connection. It was in the news. In fact, here's a story about it: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/09/politics/fbi-investigation-continues-into-odd-computer-link-between-russian-bank-and-trump-organization/

And another one: http://www.salon.com/2017/03/10/trumps-alleged-computer-server-connection-with-a-russian-bank-continues-to-be-investigated/

I mean, the investigation isn't complete yet but all of these connections that Trump and Trump accessories have with Russia look suspicious.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1178 on: May 27, 2017, 03:36:34 am »
Well being Russian puppets is the new normal for our government so this should be swept under the rug with a war against North Korea.

Ironbite-or the upcoming healthcare townhalls

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1179 on: May 27, 2017, 08:47:14 am »
Kind of ironic, when you think about it.  There we were, during the Cold War, worrying about how Russia was taking over various countries and installing puppets, and now we're the one with a Russian puppet likely at the helm.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1180 on: May 27, 2017, 08:05:42 pm »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1181 on: May 27, 2017, 08:18:28 pm »
I am so incredibly pissed.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/868582312258269184

Reminds me of a cartoon from the mid-30s that showed Hitler kneeling before Mussolini's throne, asking to be taught.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1182 on: May 27, 2017, 11:30:31 pm »
If I had say, the CIA would have popped that ignominious, overconfident pimple already.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1183 on: June 01, 2017, 03:26:08 am »
https://nyti.ms/2soHWCh

Trump Targets German Trade, and the South Grimaces

GREER, S.C. — No matter that this small Southern city sits squarely in the middle of Trump country: The president, with his criticism of German trade policy, was setting off alarm bells in the mind of Mayor Richard W. Danner.

Mr. Trump, on his recent trip to Europe, reportedly declared the Germans “bad, very bad” on trade; Greer’s City Hall sits mere miles from a BMW automobile plant that employs about 8,800 people. And so after Mr. Danner read the news here, he quickly organized a call with Chamber of Commerce officials, who on Tuesday brainstormed ways to reassure BMW executives that they in fact considered them to be good. Very good.

“There was a real sense of urgency that we need to be clear to BMW and to anyone else who would listen that we can’t take this kind of rhetoric lightly,” said Mr. Danner, who was elected to Greer’s nonpartisan mayor’s office in 1999. “For us, this isn’t a political issue. This is a matter of livelihoods and of a regional economy and a lot of other things that are going on here.”

To sum up the article in the URL, Trump voters in South Carolina, where BMW employs over 8,000 people, are suddenly concerned that Trumps' anti-trade rhetoric vis-à-vis Germany might negatively affect them. To which all I can say is "ahaha, serves you right, I hope they close the plant on your asses."

Gee, it's almost like free trade is actually a good thing for the nation's economy.

Besides, they'll have plenty of jobs with all the coal mines that'll be opening back up under Trump, right? Right?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1184 on: June 01, 2017, 08:12:17 am »
Everything this man does damages his own supporters the most.  It's amazing.  Just amazing.

Ironbite-and they bought it, hook line and sinker.