Community > Society and History

The dreaded C word.

(1/3) > >>

Id82:
 Is anyone else getting sick and tired of hearing this word getting thrown around all the time especially on the right?
I'm talking about the word Cuck.
It's being used so much that it's now part of our lexicon. I think I hear or see it at least once a day now. It's especially popular in the incel community who try to make themselves feel better by calling happily married people cucks.
Thing is I don't think I ever heard the word before 2016 and the emergence of Donald Trump and the alt right seems to have popularised the saying. At first I thought just a bunch of idiots were spelling cock wrong.
The thing is it's not insulting, at least to anyone who has half a brain to know they don't have a cuckold fetish, or know they have a loyal partner. It sounds stupid, it even doesn't sound punchy, and the words confusing enough that if someone was called it it would probably confuse them if they never heard it.
Am I alone in thinking this?

Tolpuddle Martyr:
Welp, I got called a cuck recently by a dolt-righter and I told him I was widowed and asked what the fuck had he been up to were he involved in said cuckolding.

He didn't get it, probably a good thing.

Lana Reverse:
How do you feel about people using the word against right-wing nutjobs? Because some of us - including myself - have used it that way.

RavynousHunter:
I prefer to just call them assholes and morons.  No need to reinvent the wheel.

niam2023:

--- Quote from: Tolpuddle Martyr on July 22, 2018, 05:33:59 pm ---Welp, I got called a cuck recently by a dolt-righter and I told him I was widowed and asked what the fuck had he been up to were he involved in said cuckolding.

He didn't get it, probably a good thing.

--- End quote ---

You should've said "Oh, since you apparently have knowledge about it, and my wife is dead, you're obviously a necrophiliac. Good on you coming out about it."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version