Author Topic: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Death.

• Neonate
Re: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 04:00:58 pm »
It didn't work for Corporal Klinger either.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 09:38:57 pm »
You mean Chelsea Manning.

Yeah, how many people saw THIS coming?
It's not really surprising if you've been following the case. I've seen articles that mentioned that one of the sources of Manning's depression was body dysphoria.

Yeah, it's not surprising in the least. First, like Sim said, she's mentioned it several times, just the media finds transpeople too extreme and decided not to mention it. I feel this says it best

Quote from: Natalie Reed from last November
Another example of trans people playing incredibly important roles in radical political activism only to have such contributions erased would be the complicated issues surrounding Private First Class Bradley (possibly Breanna) Manning, the whistleblower who leaked evidence of war crimes to wikileaks, and is now on trial for treason. There is considerable evidence that Manning was, at the very least, struggling with gender identity and leaning towards the pursuit of transition, but nonetheless has been appropriated as a “gay man”, and is widely referred to as such in the media. It’s incredibly rare that ANY story concerning Manning even acknowledges that there were any questions surrounding their gender identification whatsoever. Even Manning’s supporters, who parade them as a hero, refuse to acknowledge the question of their gender. Personally, given the historical context of erasure of trans activism I’m referring to in this post, I’m inclined not to trust the hyper-skepticism about Manning, and agree with the belief that it’s extremely like they are, indeed, transgender. And extremely unlikely they’re not.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 03:20:57 am »
Huh. Didn't expect that one. Who gave Shamalamadingdong the godmode? That said, good luck to her in all her future endeavours, and whenever she is free, may she end up as a big name making lots of money off this shit as one final slap in the face to the politicians.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 04:45:24 am »
The editor of a finnish magazine, Kaleva, made a controversial statement about Manning. I'm not quite sure how to translate it and still keep the spirit of what he said but here goes:

"Information leaker Manning wants to turn into a woman. This is not a suprise. After all jabbering has always been something that hags do."

I'm not quite sure if "hag" is the right word to use though. The word he used is usually an insulting word for woman, though this varies regionally, but it doesn't necessarily refer to an old woman. "Bitch" might be closer here.

Oddly enough, the guy is really suprised over the controversy that rose from his statement. When interviewed he defended his statement as "brilliant" and doesn't see how anyone could consider it to be sexist or deragotary. In fact he went as far as complaining about the LGBT organisations that were outraged, feeling that if this is considered insulting then obviously there are no real LGBT problems in Finland.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 05:03:31 am »
Well, I'm sure in time he'll be *puts on sunglasses* finnished.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 06:08:57 am »
"If you're complaining about this little thing, then I guess you don't have any big things to complain about."

Social issues and rights do not work that way, you fucktard.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 10:15:46 am »
Faux not only calls her Bradley but said we dont give what she wants