Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533452 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8625 on: September 22, 2016, 02:56:58 am »
Or you could stop being a hipster and show them the English name of the book: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Niggers_of_America
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8626 on: October 06, 2016, 10:48:43 am »
How the fuck do Bisexual people oppress gays? Last I checked I run just the same chance of getting my ass handed too me by some homophobe if I hit on them as much as a gay person. Also it's not really a heterosexual privilege since were you'know not heterosexual I mean it's in our fucking orientation name Bi means two we don't just decide to be gay one day and then straight the next that's not how that shit works.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8627 on: October 06, 2016, 11:21:17 am »
L and G people are really stupid.  I guess they forget about B and T when time comes.

Ironbite-damn annoying.

Even Then

« Reply #8628 on: October 06, 2016, 09:42:57 pm »
I'm gonna put "lateral aggression" on a brick and toss it into their window

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8629 on: October 07, 2016, 12:59:05 am »
So far the only complaint about bisexuals and transpeople that I have seen make sense is that if they get into a relationship they might not be recognized as bi/trans by others and therefore they will not suffer as much discrimination as gay/lesbian couples do.

...Which is still a shitty thing to complain about but at least it has some logic in it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8630 on: October 07, 2016, 01:08:35 am »
So far the only complaint about bisexuals and transpeople that I have seen make sense is that if they get into a relationship they might not be recognized as bi/trans by others and therefore they will not suffer as much discrimination as gay/lesbian couples do.

...Which is still a shitty thing to complain about but at least it has some logic in it.

"You are less oppressed than I am in certain specific situations. And that's just terrible."

"Also let me bring up anecdotes."
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8631 on: October 11, 2016, 05:58:22 am »

That is something that's been on my mind lately.

I'm bi and my girlfriend is trans (she has been 2 years into HRT at this point with SRS scheduled for October 27; there's no way anyone is going to recognize her as trans), and honestly when we're at LGBT events together it is likely we wouldn't be recognized as LGBT. Most of the groups here are pretty laid back, but I still wonder if someone is going to object. With some of the more extreme ones, there may be accusations of "You turned traitor and went straight/are trying to be cis" leveled at us.

On a similar note, I know there are groups out there for significant others of trans people, but I know I wouldn't really fit in among them even if I did have any interest in going to them. The majority of these are going to be women struggling with MTF spouses transitioning on them, and I'd likely have to deal with questions like "So who's husband did you steal?" etc.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:05:43 am by Random Guy »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8633 on: October 24, 2016, 04:22:28 am »
One of the problems with SJW vs anti-SJW debates is that people use the same terms to mean different things.

[Racism = Power + Prejudice] is a commonly used example. Except that not many people know of that, just last week I talked with a few buddies about this and they had not heard that definition. They only knew that SJWs like to claim that only white people can be racist but never explain why. After explaining that this is the definition they use we agreed that it kinda makes sense but trying to rebrand the meaning of the word racism is silly and prone to misunderstandings.

Another example is one I saw on FB used by a racist. He said that Racism can only be done by governments and countries [such as Apartheid or other examples of institutional racism], individuals may be prejudiced but as they only represent themselves they are not in fact "racist" and even if they commit racially motivated crimes these crimes are not an example of racism (as previously defined.) In other words, this person defined Racism as what everyone else would call institutional racism.

Then when these two definitions of racism collide we get debates where one person is screaming that white people who say "kill all niggers" are racist but black people who say "kill all sperm-faces" are not and another person screaming that none of the examples that a member of minority told from their life counts as racism and that there is no racism in the country...

And it's not that either of them is necessarily wrong based on their definition of the word racism but they are in fact talking about different things and neither of them explains this to the other.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8634 on: October 24, 2016, 05:08:33 am »
Basically, if people would just say "institutional/cultural racism" instead of insisting that we redefine "racism" to mean one of the former, we may actually get somewhere. But why resort to intellectual honesty when you can erase any opposing arguments through the power of semantics instead?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8635 on: October 24, 2016, 05:38:22 am »
Depends what you want to do really. If you just want to get attention it'll work.

But as I suggested that works just as well for the ideologically polar opposite team on planet alt-right with exactly the same shirt.

Offline Wurdulac

• Neonate
« Reply #8636 on: October 24, 2016, 08:44:39 pm »
Heard the most "charming" definition of racism from this guy I had to work with over the summer.

I'm going to have to use what I remember as his example because I was actively trying to ignore everything he said ever, but from what I remember he said, he was speaking to the son of another co-worker who is Mexican (I think...I should probably pay more attention to these things, but they don't seem to matter much) and commenting that the Mexican gangs in L.A. are driving out the black gangs.  When the co-worker's son basically went "good", "that's racism, wanting your own group to do well".

Or something like that.  Basically, my understanding of his intent was to redefine "racism" into "people's tendency to stick near other people who share their racial and cultural background."  I imagine this is in order to form the basis for a case that everybody's racist, so racism is okay.

I'd give him more of the benefit of the doubt, but he's a 9/11 truther who believes that Europeans were on the Americas before any "Native Americans" and that CPS takes kids away from parents who spank them because "they know [those parents] care about their kids" as part of some bid by communists to create a global communistic government; also, Sandy Hook was a sham, since he's never seen any bodies or autopsies.  I'm not sure if he believes it was all a set up and nobody was killed, or if the government actually went in and killed people.  I'm inclined to believe the latter, because he's an asshole.

Seriously, fuck that guy.  Really wish I'd had an mp3 player to more effectively ignore him, because there was more bullshit that I've subsequently tried to block from memory.  Oh right, microwaves, of all things.  They destroy all the nutrients in food; you can tell because if you microwave water to boiling, let it cool, and water a plant seed with that water, the seed won't grow.  I'd test this for myself using actual science (control group, group watered with water boiled over a stove, other groups) but I just don't care, and I don't have any seeds.

Worst summer ever.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:46:28 pm by Wurdulac »
Then again, I could be wrong.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8637 on: October 25, 2016, 09:45:25 am »
"that's racism, wanting your own group to do well".
I'd give him more of the benefit of the doubt, but he's a 9/11 truther who believes that Europeans were on the Americas before any "Native Americans" and that CPS takes kids away from parents who spank them because "they know [those parents] care about their kids" as part of some bid by communists to create a global communistic government; also, Sandy Hook was a sham, since he's never seen any bodies or autopsies.

Ooh, I get it he's come to the conclusion that his "group" (pants on head crazy people) constitute a "race"...possibly because he thinks that pants on head crazy people are Atlantean and which explains their Aryan-sorry Atlantean blue eyes. Yes, some people really think this.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8638 on: October 26, 2016, 08:05:31 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-IFcCY0m3E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-IFcCY0m3E</a>

Heard a rumor she got arrested
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #8639 on: November 19, 2016, 11:51:40 am »
(click to show/hide)

Or maybe Prince was just more famous.

(Not pictured: a ridiculously long argument about whether black men are "more privileged" than white women)
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.