Author Topic: Has anyone else experienced this?  (Read 9898 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Re: Has anyone else experienced this?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 12:45:57 pm »
LOL!! Zach, I've shut my alarm off in my sleep for sure. I sleep with earplugs, so I keep the alarm pretty close so I can hear it through my earplugs. Sometimes, I think when my ears pick up on it, my brain just says "fuck it" and makes my arm hit the "off" button so I can give my usually sleep-deprived mind additional zzzzzz...

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »
What you described as the flashes sounds to me what I described to my eye doctor, and he said it was a neuron firing.  That was the same day I got diagnosed with the ocular migraine, so... If it persists or gets worse, it couldn't hurt to visit the doc.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 12:20:09 am »
What you described as the flashes sounds to me what I described to my eye doctor, and he said it was a neuron firing.  That was the same day I got diagnosed with the ocular migraine, so... If it persists or gets worse, it couldn't hurt to visit the doc.

I talked to my mom about both the light flashes and my teeth. She suggested that I go to the University of Alberta because you can get free dental care there from the students who are studying dentistry. I guess my parents used to bring me there when I was really young at a time when they didn't have coverage from Blue Cross, and they do very good jobs.

She's also going to talk to her doctor (who used to be my doctor too, but I lost a huge chunk of respect for him years ago... long story) but my mom says he's been very good lately. So, rather than trying to locate a doctor in a province that is currently having a SHORTAGE of medical professionals, I guess I'll return to Dr. Dipshit. While I don't like him, his father has been in the medical profession for over forty years and still works a couple days a week. Due to this, his son has easy access to many medical professionals because of his father's many years of making connections in the medical field. So it's the best way for me to get the help I need very quickly. My mom said he got her in to see a Neurologist only a week after going to see him, and as any Canadian knows, that's pretty fucking fast up here.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 01:18:49 am »

I talked to my mom about both the light flashes and my teeth. She suggested that I go to the University of Alberta because you can get free dental care there from the students who are studying dentistry. I guess my parents used to bring me there when I was really young at a time when they didn't have coverage from Blue Cross, and they do very good jobs.

She's also going to talk to her doctor (who used to be my doctor too, but I lost a huge chunk of respect for him years ago... long story) but my mom says he's been very good lately. So, rather than trying to locate a doctor in a province that is currently having a SHORTAGE of medical professionals, I guess I'll return to Dr. Dipshit. While I don't like him, his father has been in the medical profession for over forty years and still works a couple days a week. Due to this, his son has easy access to many medical professionals because of his father's many years of making connections in the medical field. So it's the best way for me to get the help I need very quickly. My mom said he got her in to see a Neurologist only a week after going to see him, and as any Canadian knows, that's pretty fucking fast up here.

Do you mean this Dr. Dipshit?

Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 01:32:47 am »
House is not a dipshit. You take that back.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 03:04:25 am »
Well, I guess I could explain exactly why I don't like the guy....

He used to be a very good doctor... patient, sympathetic and taking all his patients concerns into consideration. We had him as a family doctor for years. He even delivered my sister's first baby.

But... a few months after delivering my sister's baby, he was doing another delivery... and tragically, he accidentally DROPPED the baby when it came out and the baby died. He obviously felt absolutely horrible and took six months off to get mental help to aid him in coping with the event. Then he came back.... and turned into a complete fucking ass.

My mother has a shittonne of things wrong with her medically, and he started getting really impatient with her and told her to "Stop being a fucking baby over everything" on one occasion. For a brief time I was experiencing what I thought was auditory hallucinations. I could have sworn there were people in my bedroom whispering right behind me, and I could even almost make out what they were saying. Rather than referring me to a MENTAL professional, he prescribed me antipsychotics, saying I might be schizophrenic. So... after three weeks of horrible muscle spasms, bouts of nausea, and cramping (and still hearing what I thought was whispering even with the pills) I asked him to refer me to a psychiatrist and he REFUSED. I had to get another doctor who would do it for me, and after a few sessions, the psychiatrist determined that there was no way I was schizophrenic, as I had none of those symptoms outside of my bedroom.

I had the fun of being weaned off of those fucking things (getting on antipsychotics isn't fun, but the sensations you get weaning OFF them sucks just as bad) and me and my dad sat in my bedroom at night trying to determine what it was I was experiencing. It was only when the furnace came on that we both realized that the sound of the air coming through the vents sounded like creepy ass whispering. It was fucking SOUND MATRIXING.

If the asshole had simply referred me to a mental health professional from the START I wouldn't have had to go through three fucking weeks of horrific side effects from those pills. He never apologized for it, never apologized to my mom and for the longest time treated her like an annoyance more than a patient. I think the only reason he's been behaving himself lately is because my mom started bringing my dad in with her... and the doctor knows my dad well enough to know that he'll never tolerate anyone talking rudely to Mom while he's present.

So... yeah. Not really looking forward to seeing him again, but it'd be faster than 1) trying to find a doctor who is actually accepting patients and 2) going through a doctor with no really helpful connections immediately available and being put on a six month waiting list.

So, I'll suck it up and go see the prick. But he better not try pulling something dickish again, because I'm not a fifteen year old anymore, and I'll dish it back to him x10!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 08:03:04 pm »
Looks like Dr. Dipshit badly needs to see a shrink himself... if he isn't already.
Repressed guilt can REALLY change a person.