Author Topic: Interest in a Europa Universalis 3 MP Game  (Read 7959 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Interest in a Europa Universalis 3 MP Game
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 12:12:35 am »
This game looks interesting and I want to buy it.

I also found a playthrough where someone plays as the Iroquois. They end up dominating much of North and South America, conquering Britain and Ireland, parts of Spain, New Zealand, and even move into Indochina. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?384744-The-Audacity-of-Hope-An-Iroquois-IN-AAR&s=59f954e2e51f034144c3930e594ae2c4
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 12:17:40 am »
I'd suggest buying it and giving it a few dry runs with large countries to get used to the different systems. Though that guy wasn't' running a complete game, as in with all the addons. I can tell by the horrible graphics. It's a pretty interesting game though.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 01:34:29 am »
This game looks interesting and I want to buy it.

I also found a playthrough where someone plays as the Iroquois. They end up dominating much of North and South America, conquering Britain and Ireland, parts of Spain, New Zealand, and even move into Indochina. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?384744-The-Audacity-of-Hope-An-Iroquois-IN-AAR&s=59f954e2e51f034144c3930e594ae2c4

Prawnstar, the author of that AAR, is somewhat famous for doing completely crazy things in the game. His other AARs are worth reading if you're interested in seeing the game broken in various ways.

Edit: There's an EU3 demo on Steam if you want to check that out.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:38:32 am by MaybeNever »
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2013, 03:18:44 pm »
Well, guys, I got a new desktop, which not only should be able to run EU3 multiplayer, but do the same for Crusader Kings, so I'd like to declare this project revived! I'd also like to include the possibility of playing Crusader Kings II as an alternative to EU3. Perhaps we could even import one game into the next.

On the subject of dates: this Friday or Saturday, I will probably be available. The following Friday or Saturday, almost certainly. I think most, if not all, of us are on Skype from our previous attempt, so I'd like to coordinate that way.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 09:51:33 am »
Can say I'm interested still.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying