Author Topic: What is This I Don't Even [An Armageddon Prophecy... thing]  (Read 5423 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
What is This I Don't Even [An Armageddon Prophecy... thing]
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:34:53 pm »
So. I went to Waffle House the other day and picked up a charming little card. The card held this:

"THE PRESS AND CLERGY WON'T TELL YOU.

NASA- DEVASTATING SOLAR STORM COMING THIS IS THE FIRST TRUMPET IN REVELATION!

MEGA TSUNAMI! THIS IS THE SECOND TRUMPET IN REVELATION!

The end of days means the end of a 5,125 year Solar Cycle with Solar Flares. NOT the End of the World. December is the End of Days of a year. After Armageddon there is 1,000 years of peace. Start buying canned food. I've eaten canned food 10 years old. Save at home one months pay in small bills.

There's no website, or any links other than for an email that I don't feel right sharing. I was going to put this in preaching and worship but eh...

This is a new 'Armageddon prophecy' on my end. What about you?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

shykid

Re: What is This I Don't Even [An Armageddon Prophecy... thing]
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:47:32 pm »
I've eaten canned food 10 years old.

Maybe that's why this is so crazy.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 06:26:04 pm »
I wonder what you are going to do with the months pay you've saved at home when civilization collapses. I don't know about you but when my civilization collapses I'm not paying for shit.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:21:19 pm »
I wonder what you are going to do with the months pay you've saved at home when civilization collapses. I don't know about you but when my civilization collapses I'm not paying for shit.

I'm collecting some bottlecaps myself.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 09:36:43 pm »
I'm with Commander Shepard. I'm collecting bottlecaps too. I'd also collect trade goods, weapons, ammo, etc.  If it's anything like Fist of the North Star, jewelry, gold and other precious metals won't be very useful. I'm also gonna take up a training regimen a la the Zombie Survival Guide.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:20:44 am »
Personally I'll be stockpiling fuel and if possible engine parts. That shit will be in astronomical demand once civilisation goes down the shitter and the oil stops flowing. It's also good for making impromptu weapons and traps, should anyone decide they want a five fingered discount.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 01:42:43 am »
I will be too busy planning the end of the world to prepare for the aftermath.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 02:35:41 am »
Mesh: As long as it occurs to you that if it ends, you're screwed with the rest of us. Unless of course, you're harboring Gig. You wouldn't harbor the Omnicidal maniac Gig now, would you?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 03:27:06 am »
I am busily preparing my Fortress of Solitude and recruiting my army of minions (to be housed in an annexe of the FoS).  As a final resort, I have already concealed my warp capable solar system escape ship on the far side of the moon. The nav system is preprogrammed for Beta Reticula...
Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Saturn500

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:39 am »

I'm collecting some bottlecaps myself.

Same here. [/seriously]

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 09:53:34 am »
I will attempt to make the post-apocalypse currency socks. Then we can have a sock market!

;D
 :D
 :)
 :-\
 :(
 :-[

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline speshuled67

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 01:14:56 pm »
I've eaten canned food 10 years old.

botulinum toxin is a hell of a drug

i find it funny, based on my own (lapsed) knowledge of scripture, the bible specifically warns against trying to predict the date and time of the end of days... as a matter of fact if i recall correctly, it also says anyone who claims to know when the world would end is full of shit.

from a secular perspective, crazy people be crazy. disregard with extreme prejudice
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:16:44 pm by speshuled67 »
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-Isaac Asimov

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 03:32:57 pm »
If the apocalypse does, in fact, occur, I'm up for helping repopulate the species with intelligent human beings.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 02:11:47 am »
If after the end of days there is 1000 years of peace, why do you need to stock up on tinned food?
If everyone is all peaceful, wouldn't the economy actually be good and function properly for a change?
I for one look forward to the peace and everything that the anti-christ is supposed to bring.
Just in case though, I have prepared the usual escape routes and survival equipment for when the zombie outbreak happens.

Offline speshuled67

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 03:45:40 am »
If after the end of days there is 1000 years of peace, why do you need to stock up on tinned food?
If everyone is all peaceful, wouldn't the economy actually be good and function properly for a change?
I for one look forward to the peace and everything that the anti-christ is supposed to bring.
Just in case though, I have prepared the usual escape routes and survival equipment for when the zombie outbreak happens.

well if you read the book of revelations (despite the first few chapters, great read while youre high, btw) before the 1000 years of peace there will be nothing but the unraveling of human society (for about 7 years). the antichrist will demonize the jews (god's chosen people) and there will be great war during which 25% (or more?) of human population will be wiped out.

afterwards, any non-believer is doomed to hell.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 04:29:02 am by speshuled67 »
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-Isaac Asimov