Author Topic: Why Christianity is the one true religion  (Read 11877 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: Why Christianity is the one true religion
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2018, 09:07:32 pm »
Yet you get all judgy at Islam for using the exact same "wartime practices" to expand the Caphilate after Mohammad's death. So pagans you like can get their conquest on but not rival monitheists that you don't like, huh.

And the Caphilate broughr advances in metallurgy, agriculture, astronomy and mathematics as well as expanding the regions trade reach from the Norse lands to China. Pretty good case for a civilising influence on their part.

The caliphate did not bring advances in those things, they just got them from the cultures that they conquered. And while they brought expansions in trade, they also brought their barbaric mysogynist culture with them.

And the crusaders brought the advancements in the Middle East back to Europe sparking the Renaissance.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2018, 09:11:40 pm »
You mean like how the Europeans did when they took advantage of knowledge coming in after the Crusades to have the Renaissance? After the pillaging and looting was done.

You should have "it's not bad when our side does it" tattooed on your forehead!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2018, 09:50:47 pm »
You mean like how the Europeans did when they took advantage of knowledge coming in after the Crusades to have the Renaissance? After the pillaging and looting was done.

You should have "it's not bad when our side does it" tattooed on your forehead!

As I keep saying, the crusades were done to reclaim stolen land from the Muslim Caliphate and to liberate the persecuted Christians in the Middle East. And while the First Crusaders went excessive, the later crusaders such as Richard the Lionheart were much more chivalrous. So it was not bad when the righteous side of the war did it.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2018, 11:49:11 pm »
It's not "reclaiming" becauase France, Spain, Germany, England and Italy didn't own it to begin with.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2018, 12:54:34 am »
Reminder that the Romans didn't invent much, they just took ideas from other cultures they met and incorporated them into their own culture and nation.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2018, 09:08:26 am »
Reminder that the Romans didn't invent much, they just took ideas from other cultures they met and incorporated them into their own culture and nation.

They invented aqueducts and built a network of stone roads that helped boost transportation. And yes they took ideas from other cultures, such as the science and philosophy from Ancient Greece. They were very beneficial to Western Civilization.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2018, 09:34:40 am »
Which is exactly what the medieval arabs did, and they invented algebra. Note it's an arabic word.

Civilisations build on the advancements of previous civilisations because, why not? Shits useful, it gets used.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2018, 10:09:15 am »
Which is exactly what the medieval arabs did, and they invented algebra. Note it's an arabic word.

Civilisations build on the advancements of previous civilisations because, why not? Shits useful, it gets used.

I give them credit where credit is due, but the Muslim caliphates were more barbaric than the Roman Empire which was enlightened by the standards of the time.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2018, 08:54:16 pm »
How were they "more barbaric," be specific? Are you referring to science, jurisprudence, standard of living, what?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2018, 09:15:02 pm »
How were they "more barbaric," be specific? Are you referring to science, jurisprudence, standard of living, what?

Their horrible Sharia Law which includes their horrible treatment of women and religious minorities forcing women to cover their hair, putting women who broke those rules to death, stoning of gays, and forcing Christians and other religious groups to pay the burdensome Jizza tax that Muslims did not have to pay.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2018, 09:22:27 pm »
You thin Lex Talinos couldn't be horrible? You weren't paying attention. How do you think it was for female slaves? The antebellum South in your country should offer a clue, as could modern day sex traffickers.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2018, 09:32:02 pm »
You thin Lex Talinos couldn't be horrible? You weren't paying attention. How do you think it was for female slaves? The antebellum South in your country should offer a clue, as could modern day sex traffickers.

Lex Talinos was punishment in proportion to the crime committed. And slavery in the Roman Empire was different from slavery in the South as it was how society functioned back them. And the sex with female slaves in the Roman Empire was mostly consensual.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2018, 09:40:29 pm »

Lex Talinos was punishment in proportion to the crime committed. And slavery in the Roman Empire was different from slavery in the South as it was how society functioned back them. And the sex with female slaves in the Roman Empire was mostly consensual.
So, Mr J getting scourged, crucified and stabbed in the gut was proportional? Hey, I find the bastard annoying but I call that excessive.

But lets remember, these were the good pagans.

As for slavery, most prostitutes in the Roman Empire were slaves, so yeah-in the old south they weren't as open about raping their property!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:43:03 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »