Author Topic: Windowshitters  (Read 17624 times)

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
Re: Windowshitters
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 02:47:34 pm »
Must be a British thing... ;)

Though seriously, I've never heard of this done anywhere around me, and I live in the middle of the redneck belt, US.  While seeming rather convenient, it can't be very sanitary.  :p

I've seen it as well:  It tend to be the kind of person who doesn't get that they live on the second or third floor and think that having a shouting argument with someone in the street is perfectly acceptable. 

There's one moved in near me, if she think you have cigarettes, she'll start shouting down to you something along the lines of "Here you!  Gies a fucking cigarettes and that ya bastard!".  She stand on her blacony all day and will squat across the rail for a shit rather than go inside to the toilet.

...and these people don't get arrested why?

Care in the community:  When it gets to court, her social workers, health workers, Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all will turn out to say how living in the community is such a great benefit to her.

As I understand it, she's been moved from area to area by different councils, something like 5 times in 3 years because of her disruptive behaviour.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 02:59:26 pm »
Ah... so she's not all there to begin with.  I see.  Not that it excuses her behavior though.  Or maybe it does...  I don't know.   You'd think she'd be in some kind of inpatient care or sommat.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 04:06:02 pm »
Ah... so she's not all there to begin with.  I see.  Not that it excuses her behavior though.  Or maybe it does...  I don't know.   You'd think she'd be in some kind of inpatient care or sommat.

It's what I see as the problem of Care in the Community:  The original idea was to end the use of Mental Hospitals and have the people who lived there out living in the Community, the belief being that it would help them more.  The problem is, the communities they are moved to don't want the reponsibility of having to look after them and it makes me wonder what's wrong with some sort of halfway solution where they're given time to see how well they do in the community.

But I suspect that would cost too much.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 05:18:11 pm »
That's why you do an assisted living facility.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:17 pm »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 07:16:10 pm »

See previous comment re money. :(

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 07:49:32 pm »
This right here?

This is why we revolted.

Care in the community:  When it gets to court, her social workers, health workers, Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all will turn out to say how living in the community is such a great benefit to her.

Wow, this is like the adult version of what was wrong with my school & special education. I agree that this might mitigate or even absolve her own responsibility, but SOMEONE has to take responsibility for her shit.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:51:53 pm by Lithp »

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 08:40:30 pm »
This right here?

This is why we revolted.

Wow, this is like the adult version of what was wrong with my school & special education. I agree that this might mitigate or even absolve her own responsibility, but SOMEONE has to take responsibility for her shit.

I thought your country revolted because we kept on pointing out that if you want an army to protect you, then you have to pay for it?

As to who should take responsibility......  That's a problem as the Mental Health professionals work, to a certain extent, in loco parentis.  The problem is, when something goes really wrong, instead of taking responsibility, you get a lecture on how the community should take the blame as the person lived there and it's all the fault of the community for not welcoming said person in with open arms.  But what community?  The idea of community in post-WWII Britain is a joke as successive governments have done their level best to destroy what sense of community there was and there was a very strong one.

And even if there was this fabled community, why should they have to take responsibility for someone else?

(And could one of the mods move this to politics now, please?)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 09:22:12 pm »

See previous comment re money. :(

Oh. I suppose I read something that doesn't apply to the UK. In other places the state pays for it.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 09:43:09 pm »
I thought your country revolted because we kept on pointing out that if you want an army to protect you, then you have to pay for it?

Nope. Windowshitters. There was some nonsense about representation, but really, it was the windowshitters. Everyone was just too polite to say it.

The problem is, when something goes really wrong, instead of taking responsibility, you get a lecture on how the community should take the blame as the person lived there and it's all the fault of the community for not welcoming said person in with open arms.

That doesn't actually explain what people should do about it. Call the police? Clean it yourself? Board up her window? Shoot her? Hey, look at that, the mental health professionals are part of the community, & they aren't doing anything about her shit either. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were applying misdirection.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 09:53:06 pm »
Hey, look at that, the mental health professionals are part of the community, & they aren't doing anything about her shit either.
Oh, silly, the professionals are living on the other side of town. Of course they’re not part of the community. ::)

If I didn't know better, I'd say they were applying misdirection.
They are. ;D
-A Pen Name

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 10:51:18 pm »
Why did initially thought that this was the name of some reality show?

I've never seen anyone here in GR do that and if they did, then it would be assumed that they have some mental problem.

Though the only thing that comes close to the OP's description was when I was in HS and me and my best friend were walking home from school, we saw a guy sitting buck ass naked in a second story window with his naked ass hanging out and we could tell he was masturbating.

Ah - a windowwanker!
Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2012, 12:03:00 am »
Must be a cousin or subspecies.  Load the tranq gun!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2012, 12:35:18 am »
Wow, had never even heard of this before.  Yikes.  I've heard some bad stories about crazy people and shit, but this is up with the craziest.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2012, 12:38:33 am »
Wow, had never even heard of this before.  Yikes.  I've heard some bad stories about crazy people and shit, but this is up with the craziest.

Intentional?

&