Author Topic: Ignore Feature  (Read 12905 times)

Napoleon the Clown

Re: Ignore Feature
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 05:57:55 pm »
Perk: I can put people on each other's ignore lists if issues arise. "I'm gonna ignore you from now on!" Don't ignore? Well, I can change that.

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

I will not do this. Much easier to cuff people for being little twats.

As to the issues presented with people being put on ignore and asking a question... Difficult to say. However, there's still the case of a mod stepping in and saying something about the unanswered question. At that point the person being asked is perfectly able to state the asker was on ignore.

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 05:59:20 pm »
Other mods and admins naturally can weigh in. :x

Edit: Lol, Nappy.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 06:02:12 pm »
Perk: I can put people on each other's ignore lists if issues arise. "I'm gonna ignore you from now on!" Don't ignore? Well, I can change that.

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

As to the issues presented with people being put on ignore and asking a question... Difficult to say. However, there's still the case of a mod stepping in and saying something about the unanswered question. At that point the person being asked is perfectly able to state the asker was on ignore.

EDIT by Keiro:

Actually unrelated:  Is the current admin/mod list currently available?  Beyond the tag under the user name, I mean.  That tag is not especially useful when we get into a situation like the last board where Nap, Oriet, and Sandman were the only active mods, in addition to Distind being the Admin.  Also, what is the process for someone being tagged as a mod or admin (no, I do not want to be one, too much work...honestly just curious)

ETA: sorry for the double post.  A post merge feature for the masses would be nice if it is feasible.  Also, forgot Oriet in the original list.  Sorry for that.

Hey Nap, since you mention being able to manipulate other people's ignore lists...can you see who is on each person's list?  So, for example, Skyfire ignores a question, gets called on it and claims ignore list, can you confirm it?  I'm not talking about every case, but the chronic ones (i.e. Skyfire trying to ignore questions that make him uncomfortable or where he can't cite himself).

Also, do you really want to be called upon every time someone thinks they may be on ignore?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:34:40 am by Keiro Dreamwalker »

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 06:07:58 pm »

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Hey Nap, since you mention being able to manipulate other people's ignore lists...can you see who is on each person's list?  So, for example, Skyfire ignores a question, gets called on it and claims ignore list, can you confirm it?  I'm not talking about every case, but the chronic ones (i.e. Skyfire trying to ignore questions that make him uncomfortable or where he can't cite himself).

Also, do you really want to be called upon every time someone thinks they may be on ignore?

Anyone with admin access can confirm.

Not sure about moderators, though. I'll ask Shane since she's active atm.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Napoleon the Clown

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 06:18:01 pm »

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

It'd only really come up when the question goes unanswered. Then if the person develops a history of "having people on ignore" someone can check to be sure. If they do NOT have the person on ignore there will be hell to pay.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 01:59:45 am »

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Anyone with admin access can confirm.

Not sure about moderators, though. I'll ask Shane since she's active atm.

That is about the only thing I can't do as mod.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 03:23:21 pm »

Actually unrelated:  Is the current admin/mod list currently available?  Beyond the tag under the user name, I mean.  That tag is not especially useful when we get into a situation like the last board where Nap, Oriet, and Sandman were the only active mods, in addition to Distind being the Admin.  Also, what is the process for someone being tagged as a mod or admin (no, I do not want to be one, too much work...honestly just curious)

ETA: sorry for the double post.  A post merge feature for the masses would be nice if it is feasible.  Also, forgot Oriet in the original list.  Sorry for that.
You can go to the member list and sort it by position. Right now, the list is Keiro, Napoleon and Distind as admins and Shane, Oriet and Sandman as mods
Σא

Offline lighthorseman

• Argumentative Contrarian
  • On Probation
  • Bishop
  • Proud Y chromosome owner
    • Company of the Wolf
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 09:39:43 pm »
How did I miss the natical thing?
Let me make it real easy... if anyone is interested in my actual opinion, please ask, I'd love to talk to you. If you are interested in trying to catch me out in some sort of "gotcha, before you said 'many', but now you're saying 'lots', you totally shifted goal posts", then, I'm not playing.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 09:51:09 pm »
Perhaps you weren't around yet?  It happened over the course of a week or so, just a massive thread on casting out demons and other religious insanity (initially typed that as inanity, so that's telling).

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 03:23:16 pm »
How does the Ignore feature work anyway? Is the offending post by the offending other user just masked, or is it indistinguishable from it never having been posted?

(I'd prefer masked. If not, I'd just get confused by people responding to.. nothing.)
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 07:01:34 pm »
Works like this.

You put someone on your iggy list, their posts are masked to you.  You can choose to read their posts or not, it's now up to you.

Ironbite-I use it all the time on the Allspark to ignore Skyfire.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 08:34:47 am »

You can go to the member list and sort it by position. Right now, the list is Keiro, Napoleon and Distind as admins and Shane, Oriet and Sandman as mods

Is it just me, or are there about half the mods we had on the old boards?

Offline Bezron

• Pope
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 09:39:55 am »
A fair portion of the mods on the old board were no longer really around.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:37 am »
What Bezron said. I am sure when Blue and Dante's Virgil come back and express their desire for their post back they'll get it. But, for a forum like this it is usually pretty well regulated on its own so doesn't need a massive team. Just a team that can check in, check out throughout the day so we've got as near a constant cover as we can get.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!