Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462913 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7275 on: September 09, 2018, 11:00:42 pm »
First impression of Yakuza Kiwami 2: Well 60fps was nice while we had it.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7276 on: September 10, 2018, 12:16:25 am »
How the fuck did I forget that Kiwami 2 was out?!

...I may or may not need to update a list pertinent to this particular month.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #7277 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:26 am »
Also, Sega announced a Yakuza spin-off where you play as a lawyer turned private detective. It looks like a mix of Yakuza and Ace Attorney. Yup. I'm sold. It'll be interesting seeing where they take the story since you'll be playing as someone who is trying to bring criminals to justice, which is kind of the opposite of Yakuza. (Plus seeing that they're bringing back the Style system from Yakuza 0 and Kiwami is a welcome surprise).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:34:59 am by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7278 on: September 11, 2018, 09:32:42 am »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #7279 on: September 11, 2018, 01:31:10 pm »
Well, prepare for dick explosion because Project Judge is set for western release next year, possibly as early as February. And if you're willing to deal with the language barrier, there's already a demo of it up on the Japanese PSN.

EDIT: also, side note, but I really hope we get the remasters of Yakuza 3, 4 and 5. Especially 3 since it's the hardest one to find and that it was not released uncut.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 01:34:07 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7280 on: September 15, 2018, 04:33:01 am »
I've been meaning to give Yakuza 0 a go for a while now. Looks like a fun series, and now that I can play them without buying a whole new piece of hardware, it just seems like the time.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #7281 on: September 15, 2018, 11:57:22 pm »
Well, you'll be able to play at least Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami. It's not clear if the west is getting the PS4 versions of Yakuza 3, 4 and 5, let alone PC versions of series after Kiwami.
Who needs a signature?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7282 on: September 17, 2018, 09:27:48 am »
Eh, it's better than nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7283 on: September 27, 2018, 09:45:55 am »
I have to say, the new A Hat in Time DLC is fucking beautiful. Use to be that my biggest complaint with an otherwise excellent game is that it was a tad on the easy side. Well, they certainly took care of that little problem. The aptly named Deathwish Mode is harder than a priest's cock in an orphanage.

Finally, there exists a difficult 3D platformer that isn't difficult because of a bullshit camera.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:49:59 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7284 on: September 27, 2018, 03:43:27 pm »
Finally got DOOM. It's good, as you all know.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7285 on: September 27, 2018, 07:11:09 pm »
I love being an evil fecker in Fallout 2, taking a mob boss' oxygen tank, watching him slowly suffocate, then offing his goons and using his bar as storage for my loot.  Oh, and also giving another boss' kid a loaded gun and telling the sprout to show it to daddy whilst waving it around and pulling the trigger.  I'm considering killing the 2nd boss' remaining family and looting the lot before I get made for one fambly, fuck the boss' daughter and wife bareback, then blow the boss up with a rigged safe bomb.

Oh, and selling the inventor of inhaler-meth into slavery for kicks and irony points.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7286 on: September 30, 2018, 04:35:05 am »
This is the first time in a long time people've actually been excited for a WWE game, and I pre-ordered it. Already setting up my rosters for the Universe mode. Currently in the draft stage. If it works out how I want it too a few new teams will fill up division a little more due to me being a sucker for teams.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7287 on: October 03, 2018, 04:20:12 pm »
Star Control Origin.

...Bit of a flawed jewel that one.

The story isn't bad, the aliens are great but the core gameplay is the weakest part of the game and gets repetetive. Found out that one of the former Cracked writers, Chris Bucholz was behind the story of the game, I did like his articles always. Still, the decent story is not much help if the only way to really enjoy it is to not play the game which also reduces the replay value. I am looking forward to seeing what Reiche and Ford (the makers of the first two Star Control games) are going to do now that they won the legal case against the makers of SCO and get to do their own sequel.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7288 on: October 14, 2018, 04:07:57 am »
Guess what I've been sucked back into? Everyone's favourite cube based, Swedish developed modding platform that's all about building insane automated factories. Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7289 on: October 24, 2018, 02:21:14 am »
Hollow Knight.

a) I still hate sad endings.

b) Like a certain Youtuber commented on it, a sequel where you get to see the post-apocalyptic dystopia rebuild would be nice.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!