Author Topic: Romney receives epic booing from NAACP  (Read 3058 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Romney receives epic booing from NAACP
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:47:12 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEByrz4lu24" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEByrz4lu24</a>

He also got booed for this:

"If you want a President who’ll make things better in the African-American community you are looking at him."

http://think-progress.tumblr.com/post/26979520778/if-you-want-a-president-wholl-make-things-better

As a commenter said, this is what happened when Romney speak to people with actual knowledge about who Obamacares benefits.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: Romney receives epic booing from NAACP
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:43:44 pm »
He'll repeal Obamacare and will replace it with... Obamacare.

I just listened to this on Norman Goldman, and he said that Mittens was trying to get conservatives to hate black people more than they do.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:51:54 pm »
This whole incident left me scratching my head in bemusement.

On one hand, at least Romney had the courage to actually address the NAACP.  On the other hand, he is badmouthing the very same health plan that he came up with in Massachusetts, which Obama adapted to the federal level.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 10:53:17 pm »
He'll repeal Obamacare and will replace it with... Obamacare.

lol recursion.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:31:18 am »
This whole incident left me scratching my head in bemusement.

On one hand, at least Romney had the courage to actually address the NAACP.  On the other hand, he is badmouthing the very same health plan that he came up with in Massachusetts, which Obama adapted to the federal level.

A health care plan I have been on and have used several times as a smaller scale example of "Obamacare".
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 03:08:18 am »
I just listened to this on Norman Goldman, and he said that Mittens was trying to get conservatives to hate black people more than they do.

Is that even possible?
Although its nice to see that not everyone is swayed by the millions Mitt Romney throws into his campaign.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 03:47:00 am »
Still only early days yet...

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 06:45:14 am »

Got the same summary on NPR.
-A Pen Name

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 11:19:49 am »
Oh dear.

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/quote/gov-romney-3/

"But I hope people understand this, your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this, if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy-more free stuff. But don't forget nothing is really free."
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 07:34:22 pm »
Oh dear.

"But I hope people understand this, your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this, if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy-more free stuff. But don't forget nothing is really free."

Ah, that's good old-fashioned covert racism.  But what I really loved from that quote was this:

It has to paid for by people in the private sector creating goods and services, and if people want jobs more than they want free stuff from government, then they are going to have to get government to be smaller.

Never mind the fact that the War on Terror and War on Drugs are also government programs.  Never mind the fact that plenty of countries with UHC are kicking our asses right now.  Never mind the fact that taxes on the wealthy are as low as they have ever been, and that corporations and the upper class have been getting tax breaks for the past 12 years while unemployment remains high and wages remain flat.

You have to admire the GOP for being willing to double down on a failed set of policies after being shown they are wrong, like a compulsive gambler who swears he needs "just one more good run and he'll be back".  If you are going to lie, make it big and tell it often, and accuse your opponent of being the one who is lying.

(Go ahead and call Godwin's law on me, I don't give a shit)
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »
It's not really Godwin when it's appropriate...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 08:02:48 pm »
It's not really Godwin when it's appropriate...

Actually, it is. The thing people forget is that Godwin’s Law makes no statement about the appropriateness of the comparison. It just says the probability of it happening approaches 1 with thread length.
-A Pen Name

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:47 pm »
Oh dear.

Since the only part of the health insurance act that gives you something is an increase in Medicaid, Romney wants to repeal Medicaid. Or is lying.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR