Author Topic: Wedding/bachelor party horror stories  (Read 6286 times)

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
Wedding/bachelor party horror stories
« on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:45 pm »
Share yours?  Either personal experiences or stories you've heard.

I heard on FML a story of a guy who slept through what was supposed to be his wedding day because he was hung over from the bachelor party.  As for personal experiences, not a horror story per se, but my friends and I encountered a bachelorette party one night in which the bride to be was on a scavenger hunt.  One of the items was "underwear from a guy named _____".  My friend said, "My name is _____, but I'm not wearing underwear now".

Offline The Lazy One

• Neonate
Re: Wedding/bachelor party horror stories
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 10:25:23 am »
Well, my cousin got food poisoning the day before his wedding, he ended up going to the altar with a bucket in case he had to be sick during the ceremony...

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:32:31 am »
Heard a few stories, some are probably bullshit, but one that stands out is the one about the Groom ending up in bed with his future father-in-law.  Bet that ended badly.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:56:49 am »
I heard on the radio about some rather bad wedding, the story was told by a guy from the band that was playing in the party after the wedding.

It was a typical shotgun wedding with the bride was already quite far in her pregnancy and since she wasn't allowed to drink she had forbidden any alcohol from being at the party, which didn't help the mood since the two families were already refusing to interact with each other.

The band played their first number (15-20 minutes?) and as they were having a short break the bride comes and tells them to pack their stuff since they decided that that celebration had gone long enough...

My cousin also told me that he had been in some bachelor party that had caused the wedding to be canceled completely... Then again, such a relationship propably wasn't that strong anyway if that is all it takes.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 12:49:15 pm »
There was that one I was at about 13 years ago....

It went badly from the start.  At about ten o'clock on a Saturday morning, a friend called me up and asked me if I had the suit I'd worn at my brother's wedding the previous month.  When I said yes, he asked me to put it on so that we could go to a friend's wedding.

Bit odd, as I'm sure you'll agree, the story deepened when my friend arrived.  A mutual friend of ours was marrying his girlfriend and pretty much all her family and friends and the majority of his friends didn't want anything to do with either of them.  This had a lot to do with the fact that she was 17 and he was 39.  He'd lived next door to her family for all of her life and when her father had objected to the marriage,  she'd blurted out "But we've been going out for four years!" (I learned that nugget later, which made me walk out)  No wonder no-one wanted anything to do with them.

The wedding itself was a civil affair, the reception was held in a pub.  By that, I don't mean that a room was booked in a pub for a reception, I mean that we went to the pub for what passed for the reception.  The pub was one of the roughest I've ever been in - think of the boozer where the American tourist gets beaten up in Trainspotting and you've got it.  We had the Best Man's speech constantly being interrupted by some drunken old sot at the bar who wanted to talk about the Miners Strike.  Hopefully, it will remain the only wedding I attend where the Bride is threatened with stabbing if she throws the bouquet.

And the Marriage only last six months.

On the brighter side of things, I've been to a couple of re-enactor weddings:  Roasted animal (Pig, cow and chickens), everyone in kit and best of all, the bridal waltz at one of them to the strains of AC/DC's Back in Black played on the bagpipes. 8)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 04:26:35 pm »
This isn't exactly a horror story, but when I was a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding, I was walking down the aisle when I heard a loud crash. I turned around and another bridesmaid behind me had tripped over her dress and fallen into a pile of rocks, her leg bleeding. Later that wedding, my uncle was on the porch when the entire thing suddenly collapsed beneath him. Good times.

As for bachelor party stories, I can't help but think of the one where the bride's friend pushed her into the pool and she ended up paralyzed because of it. What a suck.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 09:13:50 pm »
The only thing that went wrong at my best friend's wedding was that it was held outside, on a summer afternoon, on a pier facing west into the sea, and I don't handle very bright light that well. Fortunately, the nun took pity on me, and cut the ceremony a little short.

Well, the bachelorette party was apparently a little crazy.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 12:45:00 pm »
At my uncle and aunt's wedding, the beloved grandfather of the bride had cardiac arrest and died inside the registrar's office. The groom is a doctor and administered first aid, but couldn't save him.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 12:38:51 am »

It went badly from the start.  At about ten o'clock on a Saturday morning, a friend called me up and asked me if I had the suit I'd worn at my brother's wedding the previous month.  When I said yes, he asked me to put it on so that we could go to a friend's wedding.

Bit odd, as I'm sure you'll agree, the story deepened when my friend arrived.  A mutual friend of ours was marrying his girlfriend and pretty much all her family and friends and the majority of his friends didn't want anything to do with either of them.  This had a lot to do with the fact that she was 17 and he was 39.  He'd lived next door to her family for all of her life and when her father had objected to the marriage,  she'd blurted out "But we've been going out for four years!" (I learned that nugget later, which made me walk out)  No wonder no-one wanted anything to do with them.

The wedding itself was a civil affair, the reception was held in a pub.  By that, I don't mean that a room was booked in a pub for a reception, I mean that we went to the pub for what passed for the reception.  The pub was one of the roughest I've ever been in - think of the boozer where the American tourist gets beaten up in Trainspotting and you've got it.  We had the Best Man's speech constantly being interrupted by some drunken old sot at the bar who wanted to talk about the Miners Strike.  Hopefully, it will remain the only wedding I attend where the Bride is threatened with stabbing if she throws the bouquet.

On the brighter side of things, I've been to a couple of re-enactor weddings:  Roasted animal (Pig, cow and chickens), everyone in kit and best of all, the bridal waltz at one of them to the strains of AC/DC's Back in Black played on the bagpipes. 8)
So she was 13 and he was 35 when they started dating?  Where's Chris Hansen when you need him?

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 05:53:04 am »

So she was 13 and he was 35 when they started dating?  Where's Chris Hansen when you need him?

Umm, in your country?

Although, to be fair, everyone pretty much turned against him (the Groom) over that.  We didn't know beforehand, otherwise it would just have been the two of them at the wedding.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:54:41 am by Scotsgit »

Offline J. Saunders

• Neonate
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 05:42:01 pm »
Share yours?  Either personal experiences or stories you've heard.

I heard on FML a story of a guy who slept through what was supposed to be his wedding day because he was hung over from the bachelor party.  As for personal experiences, not a horror story per se, but my friends and I encountered a bachelorette party one night in which the bride to be was on a scavenger hunt.  One of the items was "underwear from a guy named _____".  My friend said, "My name is _____, but I'm not wearing lingerie now".

I have one .. One of my friends. It happens recently. My friend have loose motions because of extra eating. hah..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:54:38 am by J. Saunders »

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 07:39:28 pm »
Mom's wedding was last August. Her oldest brother died that June, and her dog died of bloat the day before. Due to massive fighting, only one of her remaining siblings showed. The lady who made the bridesmaid dresses didn't hem them properly. The photographer was no good- it turns out the lovely portfolio was from his company, not ones he took personally.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 05:59:20 am »
I was a best man for two different weddings, so had to organize two bachelor parties. One party, I woke up and could not find the groom and the rest of the party, so I knocked at the future in-laws' door at 7 am, looking for him. /kickme  The other one... nothing much except I had to drag one other guy out of bed just in time for the wedding, and had to sit on the edge of the bed where he and his girlfriend were & watch him down drinks in the morning just to get off the bed. Couldn't believe it was what it took to get him going. How little I knew back then.  /hairofthedogthatbityoulastnight
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 07:30:24 am »
My mom and stepdad were married in a gazebo during a thunderstorm.  I don't remember thunder rumbling during, "Speak now," though I do believe I heard it during, "I now pronounce you."  Fortunately, 27 years later and they're still going strong.

When my friend got married, the night before, a storm knocked out the power.  The next morning, there was no air in the church, the guys were in tuxes while the ladies were in large dresses, oh and it was the middle of summer.  Also, my friend's grandmother sang some religious Italian song that went on for what seemed like 10-15 minutes.  I thought the bride was going to pass out.

Other than that, the only other thing close to a horror story is that I've been Best Man in 2 weddings, and both ended horribly in divorce.  I told my best friend that while he and my brother were my best men, I will not be theirs for that reason.  It may just be superstition, but i'm not taking the chance!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 11:04:52 am »
Yep, I am batting .500 as best man for 2 weddings. 1 ended in a divorce, but a far better marriage later on. The other one is probably like 30 years now and starting to eagerly boot out the kids from the nest. For myself, just too much of a hedonist to allow myself to ever get married :)
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues