Author Topic: I've had enough.  (Read 6298 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: I've had enough.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 08:24:28 am »
The drama on this forum is simultaneously ridiculous and disturbing.

Ridiculous, because as has been pointed out, whole high schools could well be ashamed of how much of it there is.

Disturbing, because there are some opinions that cannot be expressed and some topics that cannot be broached (at least, by some people) without half the forum leaping down the throats of whoever expresses such opinions or broaches such topics, thus creating drama.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 12:59:19 pm »
Well fuck.  People are leaving this place in droves these days.

What will become of us?   :(

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 01:24:54 pm »
I always check the stats at the bottom on the forum home page. We usually have at least 40 or more members reading the threads each day. Just not that many post, is all. You see the "lurky" nature of the place when one of the lurkers pops in with a comment out of the blue. Some of them are highly respected. Patches, for example.

We do need some forum links listed on appropriate website sidebars, though. I wish rationalwiki had such, but looking at it the other day...they just don't.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 03:35:18 pm »
We should take this as a lesson to stop being so god-dang argumentative.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 05:03:20 pm »
The problem with stopping being argumentative is it becomes nothing but an echo chamber of "This", "What he/she said", and "Me too".  Argument begs debate and explanation and other topics spring from that.   
In my opinion, arguments are great, just so long as they don't degenerate to the point they end up in Flame and Burn to die in a hail of "STFU n00b!", "No U", and random kitty macros... which I admit I do like.   The kitties, I mean.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 05:17:47 pm »
We should take this as a lesson to stop being so god-dang argumentative.

Hey, we're not argumentative!  Fuck you! Rabble rabble rabble etc etc!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 05:21:30 pm »
The problem with stopping being argumentative is it becomes nothing but an echo chamber of "This", "What he/she said", and "Me too".  Argument begs debate and explanation and other topics spring from that.   
In my opinion, arguments are great, just so long as they don't degenerate to the point they end up in Flame and Burn to die in a hail of "STFU n00b!", "No U", and random kitty macros... which I admit I do like.   The kitties, I mean.
That's actually what I meant.

We need to add more settings to are arguments rather than * ;D :D :D* and *hitlernazicommunistterroristweeaboo!*

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 05:53:51 pm »
With all these people leaving, pretty sure it'll just me talking to myself in a few months

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 05:57:32 pm »
With all these people leaving, pretty sure it'll just me talking to myself in a few months
You already do.

We are all mentall projections of your conciseness.
There is nothing on this forum. 

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 06:23:38 pm »

Wonder who will be the Norwegian Captain Johansen left on the ship here to face down Cthulhu in the end.

Seriously though, hope it turns for the better for everyone concerned. I never did get into any mix ups though, but I never have any time for that.

Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 12:35:04 am »
I generally deal with it by staying out of the flamewars.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 02:02:47 am »
I tend to stay out of them too for the most part.  Sometimes I try to diffuse building tension with a joke or something, but I suck at humor, so... yeah.  The only reason I view most flamewars is out of morbid trainwreck curiosity and to make sure nobody is doxing or crap like that.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 02:05:27 am »
I tend to stay out of them too for the most part.  Sometimes I try to diffuse building tension with a joke or something, but I suck at humor, so... yeah.  The only reason I view most flamewars is out of morbid trainwreck curiosity and to make sure nobody is doxing or crap like that.
I think I once ended a flamewar on zoophobia by doge spamming.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 02:21:11 am »
Ever since Things People Say moved to the new sub-forum, I've stayed far away from F&B.

Also, I'm having trouble keeping track of who everyone is due to all the name changing.  Also, is there an active forum similar to this one that anyone could recommend in case this one goes belly up?  I'm so close to getting 1,000 posts, which I've never done on any other forum before.  This is longest I've ever been active on a single forum.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:23:42 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 02:32:53 am »
Also, is there an active forum similar to this one that anyone could recommend in case this one goes belly up?
I very much second this.