Author Topic: Trump’s presidency was prophezized by a book in the 1800s and the Bible!  (Read 16126 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Jerusalem and Israel were owned by other people before the Byzantine Christians. Same goes for Spain as well.

You are very inconsistent in what you consider "rightfully owned."

Also, you can stop being apologetic for the Inquisition. Jews weren't forcefully converting anyone and it was the Christians who forced them to convert or die. It was a catch-22, Jews were told to stop practicing their faith and convert to Christianity and any who were found not to have done so were punished.

For some reason I doubt that you defend Muslims who have forced everyone in their region to convert to Islam.

But the Christians did not take Israel or Spain from anyone, they were both under the Roman Empire which later converted to Christianity.

On the wikiepedia article on the Alhambra Decree(the expulsion of Jews from Spain), "The primary purpose was to eliminate their influence on Spain's large converso population and ensure they did not revert to Judaism." It was to prevent Jews who converted from reverting back. The Jews were given the option to convert or leave.
Christians were never more than a despised minority in Judea, just because your boy came from there doesn't mean the majority of Judeans ever folliwed his sect in the time the Romans had the run of the place.

But the Judeans were expelled from Judea after their treacherous rebellions against the Romans and Judea was renamed Palestine(the destruction of the Temple and defeat of Judea being foretold by Jesus). It was resettled by Romans who converted to Christianity when the Empire became Christian and then the Muslims invaded.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Jerusalem and Israel were owned by other people before the Byzantine Christians. Same goes for Spain as well.

Also, you can stop being apologetic for the Inquisition. Jews weren't forcefully converting anyone and it was the Christians who forced them to convert or die. It was a catch-22, Jews were told to stop practicing their faith and convert to Christianity and any who were found not to have done so were punished.

For some reason I doubt that you defend Muslims who have forced everyone in their region to convert to Islam.

But the Christians did not take Israel or Spain from anyone, they were both under the Roman Empire which later converted to Christianity.

On the wikiepedia article on the Alhambra Decree(the expulsion of Jews from Spain), "The primary purpose was to eliminate their influence on Spain's large converso population and ensure they did not revert to Judaism." It was to prevent Jews who converted from reverting back. The Jews were given the option to convert or leave.
Christians were never more than a despised minority in Judea, just because your boy came from there doesn't mean the majority of Judeans ever folliwed his sect in the time the Romans had the run of the place.

But the Judeans were expelled from Judea after their treacherous rebellions against the Romans and Judea was renamed Palestine(the destruction of the Temple and defeat of Judea being foretold by Jesus). It was resettled by Romans who converted to Christianity when the Empire became Christian and then the Muslims invaded.
The Romans were an oppressive foreign regime, they were the ones that nailed your bloke to a tree remember?

Also Constantine made the Empire Christian in 306 AD, do you know how the acronym AD relates to Jesus? Anno Domini anyone, here-I'll make it easy for you. BC, before Christ.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast

The Romans were an oppressive foreign regime, they were the ones that nailed your bloke to a tree remember?

Also Constantine made the Empire Christian in 306 AD, do you know how the acronym AD relates to Jesus? Anno Domini anyone, here-I'll make it easy for you. BC, before Christ.

Actually the Romans only crucified Christ because Pontius Pilate was forced to by an angry mob instigated by the Pharisees. Jesus said to "render unto Caesar."

And Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor asked him, saying: Art thou the king of the Jews? Jesus saith to him: Thou sayest it. [12] And when he was accused by the chief priests and ancients, he answered nothing. [13] Then Pilate saith to him: Dost not thou hear how great testimonies they allege against thee? [14] And he answered him to never a word; so that the governor wondered exceedingly. [15] Now upon the solemn day the governor was accustomed to release to the people one prisoner, whom they would.

[16] And he had then a notorious prisoner, that was called Barabbas. [17] They therefore being gathered together, Pilate said: Whom will you that I release to you, Barabbas, or Jesus that is called Christ? [18] For he knew that for envy they had delivered him. [19] And as he was sitting in the place of judgment, his wife sent to him, saying: Have thou nothing to do with that just man; for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him. [20] But the chief priests and ancients persuaded the people, that they should ask for Barabbas, and take Jesus away.

[21] And the governor answering, said to them: Whether will you of the two to be released unto you? But they said, Barabbas. [22] Pilate saith to them: What shall I do then with Jesus that is called Christ? They say all: Let him be crucified. [23] The governor said to them: Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying: Let him be crucified. [24] And Pilate seeing that he prevailed nothing, but that rather a tumult was made; taking water washed his hands before the people, saying: I am innocent of the blood of this just man; look you to it. [25] And the whole people answering, said: His blood be upon us and our children.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
You mean they tortured and killed someone for political convenience. Yeah, they're totes the heroes in this story!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
You mean they tortured and killed someone for political convenience. Yeah, they're totes the heroes in this story!

That's totally how Jacobine here thinks as well. He's all "let's rape this guy and wage wars on our allies and nuke civilians for no reason other than conquest by sword!"

And he still keeps changing the goalposts.

How hard is it to say that "Yes, Islamic countries were totally correct when they executed Christians in their lands. After all, the crime they are accused of is converting away from Islam, which is the religion of the land." Or if he doesn't think that to be totally cool he could instead say something along the lines of "now I understand that torturing and executing people of other religions is not totally cool." ...Though the latter would require him not being a troll.

I really have to admire how dedicated he is in this silly business.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast

Well Pontius Pilate washing his hands indicates that he really was forced to against his will. While the Romans are not the heroes of the story, they are not the main villains either. The main villains are the Pharisees for they were the mastermind behind the Jesus. Judas Iscariot is another major villain. 

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast

That's totally how Jacobine here thinks as well. He's all "let's rape this guy and wage wars on our allies and nuke civilians for no reason other than conquest by sword!"

And he still keeps changing the goalposts.

How hard is it to say that "Yes, Islamic countries were totally correct when they executed Christians in their lands. After all, the crime they are accused of is converting away from Islam, which is the religion of the land." Or if he doesn't think that to be totally cool he could instead say something along the lines of "now I understand that torturing and executing people of other religions is not totally cool." ...Though the latter would require him not being a troll.

I really have to admire how dedicated he is in this silly business.

The Muslims took over Christian land in the Middle East from the Byzantine Empire during their conquests.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
And all that Byzantine land was invaded by Rome beforehand. What the hell is your point?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
And all that Byzantine land was invaded by Rome beforehand. What the hell is your point?
"It's OK when the people I associate with do bad things."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast

The Roman Empire rightfully acquired the Middle Eastern Land in defensive wars against the Kingdom of Pontus and it became Christian Land when the Empire converted to Christianity.

Art Vandelay

Re: Trump’s presidency was prophezized by a book in the 1800s and the Bible!
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2018, 04:37:52 pm »

The Roman Empire rightfully acquired the Middle Eastern Land in defensive wars against the Kingdom of Pontus and it became Christian Land when the Empire converted to Christianity.

You have a very strange notion of a defensive war, I have to say.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2018, 05:07:41 pm »

Hey, he thinks an invasion of the UK by the US is a defensive war. "BY ORDER OF A DENIM FETISHISING BERK, GOOD PEOPLE OF BRITAIN, YOU SHALL ALL BE RULED UNILATERALLY BY A BLOKE WOT YOU NEVER 'EARD OF. HAVE A NICE DAY."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2018, 05:25:30 pm »
It's basically the same excuse you see from US hawks. All wars engaged in by our side are defensive, and anyone who fights us is an "enemy combatant" and we can do whatever we want to them.

We are good by definition, and by extension everything we do is good by definition, and by further extension everything we do is legitimate by definition. We cannot be justly held to account for anything.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2018, 05:32:23 pm »

Well the Kingdom of Pontus attacked first.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2018, 05:40:29 pm »
After which, there was precious little defending and a not insignificant amount of conquering on the part of the Romans.