Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387443 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #780 on: March 25, 2017, 03:24:16 pm »
....Reverse anal?

Ironbite-really?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #781 on: March 26, 2017, 12:04:18 am »
Basically, pooping out a disembodied cock.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #782 on: March 26, 2017, 12:58:59 am »
How about alternative anal?
Who needs a signature?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #783 on: March 26, 2017, 05:57:34 pm »
Does anyone think that Trump is secretly happy that Trumpcare didn't pass. That way most of Trumps key demographics can keep receiving benefits. All he has to do is stop calling it Obamacare and start calling it the Affordable Care Act.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #784 on: March 26, 2017, 06:12:49 pm »
It depends if his close circle has explained it to him since I doubt he is insightful enough to realize it by himself. He probably believes the anti-obamacare propaganda and it's possible Ryan & co are have not even bothered to explain the real situation to him.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #785 on: March 26, 2017, 06:46:05 pm »
Does anyone think that Trump is secretly happy that Trumpcare didn't pass. That way most of Trumps key demographics can keep receiving benefits. All he has to do is stop calling it Obamacare and start calling it the Affordable Care Act.

He is secretly happy that the AHCA was pulled, because it makes Ryan look weak for being unable to keep his caucus in line.

Trump and Ryan don't exactly get along and Trump would like nothing more than to have as House Speaker someone as pliable and subservient as Mitch McConnell.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #786 on: March 26, 2017, 06:58:02 pm »

He is secretly happy that the AHCA was pulled, because it makes Ryan look weak for being unable to keep his caucus in line.

Trump and Ryan don't exactly get along and Trump would like nothing more than to have as House Speaker someone as pliable and subservient as Mitch McConnell.

But McConnell is in the Senate and not congress. Who in Congress would be as compliant as McConnel

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #787 on: March 26, 2017, 07:10:20 pm »
In keeping with that....

Source: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/325810-fox-news-host-promoted-by-trump-calls-on-paul-ryan-to-step-down

Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro, whose show President Trump urged his followers on Twitter to watch earlier in the day, opened her program on Saturday evening by calling on Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to step down.

"Ryan needs to step down as Speaker of the House. The reason: He failed to deliver the votes on his healthcare bill, the one trumpeted to repeal and replace ObamaCare," Pirro said in her opening statement.

Which is exactly the type of dumbassity I expect from the Orange Piss Pot.  He has no idea how politics actually works and thinks this strong arm tactic is the way to go.  Couple this with Bannon having a shit list on his White House office wall and I expect some GOP seats to go blue come 2018 as Trump and Bannon seek to replace those republicans that were "disloyal" to him with more malleable puppets only to have the Dems swoop in and take those seats.

Ironbite-provided the Democrats not  shoot themselves in the ass.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #788 on: March 26, 2017, 09:31:48 pm »
Yeah, that's the big if. As my dad always says, "The Democrats have an amazing talent for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory."
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #789 on: March 27, 2017, 12:41:08 am »
Nah, he's not a big picture guy. He's a 'nick as much shit as you can and get out' type fella. Reading between the lines isn't common among people who don't like to read.

I vote simple incompetence over Machiavellian manipulation where Drumpf is concerned.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #790 on: March 27, 2017, 01:17:03 am »
I'm not saying it was his original plan. He thought it would be simple "Who knew healthcare could be so complicated". Now that he's realised 'Obamacare' is probably pretty good and removing it would fuck his voters. His gut is now just to leave it. As long as he pretends the ACA is different to Obamacare he can pretend its all good and his voters will be happy with it.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #791 on: March 27, 2017, 03:26:55 am »
I'm not saying it was his original plan. He thought it would be simple "Who knew healthcare could be so complicated". Now that he's realised 'Obamacare' is probably pretty good and removing it would fuck his voters. His gut is now just to leave it. As long as he pretends the ACA is different to Obamacare he can pretend its all good and his voters will be happy with it.
Well his voters are dumb enough to buy that line, I'll grant you that.

Sorry, sorry don't call them thick, bigoted or psychotic particularly if they are or they'll log into the FSTDT forums out of the blue, read this post and declare they aint never voting for no Demo-crat again and run off to hug their security blanket.

Sorry!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #792 on: March 28, 2017, 12:20:44 am »
Yeah, that's the big if. As my dad always says, "The Democrats have an amazing talent for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory."

I won't deny this is true (seriously they had the most honest, qualified candidate running to continue the successful policies of a popular president and they still lost.)  But the fact that the republicans can control the government completely and still defeat themselves so utterly that Obamacare looks here to stay, it's going to be interesting to see who can fail the hardest.

Also I wanted to share this quote

I've been thinking that right now, the Democrats really need to avoid falling into the grave the GOP dug for themselves by actually proposing new laws. Like just every chance they get the floor, throw something out there. Doesn't even matter if it's feasible. Propose single payer. Propose mincome. Propose phasing out fossil fuels by 2030. Propose Mars colonies. Propose open season on murdering billionaires. They don't all have to be good. Just get the ideas out there on the table. Change them from "Things no one would ever seriously try" to "Things we coulda tried if we hadn't left the arsonist party in charge." However many years later they get bakc in power, they've already got some stuff on the table that the people have heard of and thought about, instead of years of "Trust us, we'll have a great plan," which turns out to alienate everyone. And all those ideas that would've been considered unthinkable will have evolved into "The reasonable alternative to the clusterfuck we're in now."

Heck, since Hillary's chance has come and gone, maybe she could write a blog where every week she just very politely says what she'd have done instead.

Rather than the GOP's strategy of being "The party of No", they should as hard as they can be the party of "This instead".

I don't know if the senate rules allow it, but maybe when the vote on Gorsuch happens, instead of voting "Nay", get every single democrat to register their official vote for the record as "Merrick Garland.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #793 on: March 28, 2017, 07:38:34 am »
...Propose Mars colonies. Propose open season on murdering billionaires. ...

This.

But with the Koch brothers instead of zombiespacemagicdemons.

I would play the shit out of that!

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #794 on: March 29, 2017, 05:50:14 pm »
Ok I voted for Trump but I am glad that this healthcare plan didn't go through. I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt and say that he probably is glad himself that it didn't go through, that means that the House can probably come up with a better plan. I know Trump isn't popular here but I like him so far.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman