Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 155864 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #720 on: June 04, 2018, 08:57:13 am »
It's an interesting thing, the Hawaii governor thread is quite old now and is still going strong with over 500 comments and the censor, excuse me, moderator is being uncharacteristically lenient in letting comments stay there.

Amos is the one keeping it alive, I think, mostly because he can't NOT have the last word, and he will scream NARCISSISM until his dying breath.  Which is fine, because he's been called out on his cognitive dissonance in that thread by several people in a way that has been very, very satisfying.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #721 on: June 04, 2018, 03:38:10 pm »
Aaaaaand I spoke too soon, Christian News Network deleted over 100 comments from that thread today.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:46:50 pm by BobRumba »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #723 on: June 06, 2018, 08:22:57 am »
Speaking of Lady Checkmate, I haven't looked at her channels in a while, has she called Nathan Larson (the white supremacist/pedophile/pro-incest/incel who's running for Congress in CA) "alt-left" yet? 

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #724 on: June 06, 2018, 09:37:46 am »
Speaking of Lady Checkmate, I haven't looked at her channels in a while, has she called Nathan Larson (the white supremacist/pedophile/pro-incest/incel who's running for Congress in CA) "alt-left" yet?

She and Amos follow the same playbook - so most likely the liberal alt-left they always talk about will be huge fans of this guy.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #725 on: June 09, 2018, 06:01:10 pm »
The problem with Amos Moses is that he’s Dunning-Kruger personified. He’s a perfect example of Dunning-Kruger. He is literally 100% overtaken by it. Amos Moses doesn’t just tend toward the side of not knowing how little he knows, he is absolutely convinced that he is completely correct about every topic which, in reality, he knows nothing whatsoever about.

I gave up on trying to reason with him over the whole trans fiasco. I presented him an actual, honest-to-God scientific paper, explaining what gender dysphoria is, what causes it (to the best of our knowledge), and why scientists believe that affirming a trans person’s chosen gender is the best course of action. I then asked Dunning-Kruger Boy what part of the study is in error. He said “It begins on the first page and ends on the last page.”

OK, Amos, thank you for announcing that A) You didn’t read it, B) you wouldn’t be able to understand it if you did, and C) you aren’t even on the same planet as you would need to be to be on the intellectual level to critique it. And yet, he’s so utterly, smugly, idiotically convinced that he has the inside track on this topic.

How is it even physically possible to be that stupid? How??

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #726 on: June 09, 2018, 06:31:19 pm »
The problem with Amos Moses is that he’s Dunning-Kruger personified.

I always liked the phrase “Fractally Wrong”
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fractal_wrongness
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #727 on: June 09, 2018, 08:18:34 pm »
How is it even physically possible to be that stupid? How??

There is something that boggles my mind FAR more, and that is how people like LadyInChrist and Lady Checkmate will thumb up every single stupid, ranting, blithering, moronic thing Amos says even when he makes no sense whatsoever.  When they CANNOT POSSIBLY be in agreement with him.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #728 on: June 10, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »
♥LadyInChrist♥InGodITrust♥ Guest • 2 days ago
Dear Father in Heaven please help "Charles des Barres" to understand that my promise is a promise I am going to keep.. And let him know I refuse to play his games. In Jesus Name please protect Christians from him and his hate.

♥LadyInChrist♥InGodITrust♥ ♥LadyInChrist♥InGodITrust♥ • 3 hours ago 

Would someone be kind enough to tell this person that this is also a "Christian" site.Christians pray. And asking God to help someone understand something is not an attack. I made a promise not to respond anymore to this person. It is a Promise I am keeping.

https://christiannews.net/2018/06/05/convicted-felon-and-admitted-pedophile-running-for-congress-wants-to-legalize-incest/

LadyInChrist first needs God to talk to Charles and two days later decides that anyone but her talk to him.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #729 on: June 10, 2018, 03:18:51 pm »
♥LadyInChrist♥InGodITrust♥ Guest • 2 days ago
Dear Father in Heaven please help "Charles des Barres" to understand that my promise is a promise I am going to keep.. And let him know I refuse to play his games. In Jesus Name please protect Christians from him and his hate.

♥LadyInChrist♥InGodITrust♥ ♥LadyInChrist♥InGodITrust♥ • 3 hours ago 

Would someone be kind enough to tell this person that this is also a "Christian" site.Christians pray. And asking God to help someone understand something is not an attack. I made a promise not to respond anymore to this person. It is a Promise I am keeping.

https://christiannews.net/2018/06/05/convicted-felon-and-admitted-pedophile-running-for-congress-wants-to-legalize-incest/

LadyInChrist first needs God to talk to Charles and two days later decides that anyone but her talk to him.

She's like a little kid who doesn't want to talk to her brother or something.  "Mom, tell Jimmy I..."  (when Jimmy is right next to her)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #730 on: June 10, 2018, 03:40:34 pm »
Also, those bastards deleted my comment where I made a Monty Python reference.  I shall fart in their general direction.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #731 on: June 10, 2018, 03:52:07 pm »
Also, those bastards deleted my comment where I made a Monty Python reference.  I shall fart in their general direction.

The only thing that annoys me about banning and deleting is they tend to do it when you have a pretty good debate going and you think you might have just finally cornered Amos logically or LadyInChrist or Guest Verified or whatever and then they yank the whole thing away, leaving behind the bigot comments.  Christian News Network seems to fear rational discussion, or reason period.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #732 on: June 13, 2018, 02:39:23 pm »
Has anyone else noticed that when Amos Moses DOES get exhausted and needs to pull out his trump card, he'll just change the subject completely and say DOES OBJECTIVE MORALITY EXIST?

And what does he hope to accomplish by doing that?

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #733 on: June 13, 2018, 03:12:17 pm »
Has anyone else noticed that when Amos Moses DOES get exhausted and needs to pull out his trump card, he'll just change the subject completely and say DOES OBJECTIVE MORALITY EXIST?

Oh, yeah, I've been down that road with him before....he uses that to say (I guess when he runs out of arguments) that if you don't think it exists, then you have no reason to complain about anything at all.   That never really made any sense to me.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #734 on: June 13, 2018, 03:18:48 pm »

Oh, yeah, I've been down that road with him before....he uses that to say (I guess when he runs out of arguments) that if you don't think it exists, then you have no reason to complain about anything at all.   That never really made any sense to me.

Following Amos logic is always falling down a rabbit hole, but I've been down that particular one with him myself, and the ultimate point he thinks he's making is that only he has the right to make moral judgements since he's following the word of God.