Author Topic: Texas EMERGENCY!!11!! Voter ID Law  (Read 2092 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Texas EMERGENCY!!11!! Voter ID Law
« on: July 10, 2012, 03:34:19 pm »
Texas has pushed for "Emergency Legislation" Voter ID law.  A gun permit is a valid form of identification but not a current ID issued by a State University...Hmmmmm, who does this benefit. 

http://current.com/shows/the-war-room/videos/theres-a-conspiracy-among-those-who-want-to-steal-the-election-says-jennifer-granholm 

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: Texas EMERGENCY!!11!! Voter ID Law
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »
Real Americans, that's who!
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:19:16 pm »
It's pronounced 'Muricans

shykid

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 07:03:34 pm »
To be fair, most student IDs do not specify whether the student is in-state resident while gun licenses do, but the need for ID to prevent voter fraud is still nonexistent anyway and a thinly veiled attempt to disenfranchise voters who tend to lean Democratic.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 07:18:31 pm »
To be fair, most student IDs do not specify whether the student is in-state resident

But people aren't registering to vote using student ID's. They are registering another way, then using the student ID once they are already on the voter roll.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 08:56:32 pm »
To be fair, most student IDs do not specify whether the student is in-state resident

But people aren't registering to vote using student ID's. They are registering another way, then using the student ID once they are already on the voter roll.

FTW

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 10:38:10 pm »
Because democracy and freedom only count when everyone does what we tell them to!

I'm really starting to hate this county.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 11:01:20 pm »
To be fair, most student IDs do not specify whether the student is in-state resident while gun licenses do…

Don’t know about Texas, but in my experience you don’t have to be an in-state student to register to vote. Generally, a month or so of residency at your dorm is enough to qualify.
-A Pen Name

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 11:37:38 pm »
Rick Perry, I just want to say that I hate you so much that you have no redeeming values.

Also, at the risk of having people think I'm stupid for asking such a simple question, aren't you just supposed to show your photo ID to be able to vote in Texas (and other states that also have this bullshit law in effect)? And what else? There better not be any assholes holding me back because I also have a student ID, which they refuse to recognize (because Rick Perry is a condescending and insufferable cunt).

(Just to let you know, this is my first voting year, and I am still naïve about what's supposed to be going on. Jesus, it shouldn't be rocket science.)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 11:59:51 pm »
Rick Perry, I just want to say that I hate you so much that you have no redeeming values.

Also, at the risk of having people think I'm stupid for asking such a simple question, aren't you just supposed to show your photo ID to be able to vote in Texas (and other states that also have this bullshit law in effect)? And what else? There better not be any assholes holding me back because I also have a student ID, which they refuse to recognize (because Rick Perry is a condescending and insufferable cunt).

(Just to let you know, this is my first voting year, and I am still naïve about what's supposed to be going on. Jesus, it shouldn't be rocket science.)

You would be surprised what efforts some people will go to to make sure their side wins.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 12:23:55 am »
In Missouri you need valid photo ID to vote.  To get said ID you need a birth certificate, to get a birth certificate you need a valid state ID. 

And they are beginning to question what valid is.  For instance take this scenario, recent college grad from Mizzou moves back to STL with his parents goes to vote.  Said Tiger, voted absentee in Columbia, Mo at college(stayed registered at his parents address) ...He updated his driver licence while at college because it was about to expire at a Columbia DMV, licence is good for 5 years, valid state issued ID (or so you would think), some MO lawmakers want to be able to turn him away...Because of the address on his licence doesn't match his registered voting address.  Possible- Voter Fraud
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:25:31 am by DiscoBerry »

shykid

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 05:43:47 am »

FTW

I actually assumed this was for registration because that would be when student IDs could actually be a legitmate issue. Silly of me to assume the GOP wouldn't be this foolishly blantant about its voter disenfranchisement. I stand sadly corrected.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 03:10:05 pm »
The worst part is, the right's constituents aren't even necessarily ignorant of what's going on -- they support it.

Why?  One or two reasons.

1. They view the left as so evil that the right must win at all costs.

2. They think it's justified because of all the cheating the left does.  (As told to them by Fox News.)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet