Author Topic: Favorite Game Supporting Cast Members  (Read 1945 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Favorite Game Supporting Cast Members
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:42 pm »
I'm sure, at one point or another, we've all made mental (sometimes physical) lists of our favorite leads in games.  The Avatar, Hisao Nakai, Steve?.  But, what about the people behind the people?  The guys, and gals, who keep the story interesting, but never quite seem to make it into the limelight.  Well, why not give these game characters some of the rep they deserve?  List off your favorite supporting game characters!  You can list off any number, but the only stipulation is that you've got to give some sort of reasoning.  Doesn't have to be more than a sentence, just what you like about them, and why they're your favorite.

Here's mine!

Yuuko (Katawa Shoujo)
I've got a soft spot for shy, bespectacled girls.  Also helps that she's absolutely adorable.

Yurel (Ultima VII: Part Two [Silver Seed expansion])
Just...look at that face.  How could you ever harm a face like that?

I'll likely add more, just keep drawin a blank, right now.  XD
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Saturn500

Re: Favorite Game Supporting Cast Members
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:57:27 pm »

Hype Dog (BlazBlue)
Because he's* just that awesome.

*I'm going to assume he's male.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 10:10:41 pm »

Jeremus, in Mount and Blade.

He loves science and rationality, he keeps your troops alive, and he's just plain awesome.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:54:44 pm »
Hunter the Cheetah, from Spyro. He's so adorably loyal and gullible, but also a good friend.

Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 06:03:57 am »
HK- 47 from SW Knights of the Old Republic.  An assassin droid who really loves his job!

Black Whirlwind from Jade Empire.  Thought the best way to help to men fighting over one woman was to cut her in half.  Too bad they didn't share his vision.

Lydia from Skyrim.  She's good-looking, loyal, and eveyr able to kick a lot of ***.

Jacob from Mass Effect 2.  You can insult him and yell at him and he doesn't even blink.  He's open and honest with you and loyal to the end.  Also we both hated our fathers, but he got to do something about it.  I felt like I was living through him.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 01:54:06 pm »
Hmmmm... Many of the companions in Fallout series, Baldur's gate series and Mass effect series could be on my list. But I think the companions are "main cast" rather than just supporting characters. In fact I'm gonna disgualify the Big bad villains as well, so that leaves...

Ravel Puzzlewell

She is an important and powerful character in Planescape torment (And many of the games made by the same people have a similar character, many are in fact Ravel in a disguise/reincarnation/something.) She is feared by many and the stories about her describe her as an insane and cruel monster. She is that but when you learn more about her you find out that she is much more complex character. A tragic figure that has often tried to help others and suffered for it. Even her most cruelest acts have been misguided attempts to help or pursue love.

(click to show/hide)

Harold

The old ghoul from the Fallout series is a likeable character. Again someone who has seen much suffering in his life but still tries to help others, despite his growing cynicisms and setbacks.

Hmm... I should probably add some more to this list later.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!