Author Topic: In Steubenville, a 16 year old gang raped at several parties by football team.  (Read 12895 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2013/01/the-lessons-of-steubenville.html

A girl was unconscious at a party for the football team, and they raped her, then dragged her body to other parties and raped her as a "joke". They posted photos joking about it on social media sites.
This... just... I don't even know what to say.
I wish I could help this girl. Fuck... I hate rape culture.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Saw this. Would've posted it but the story made me too goddamn mad to even formulate any thoughts on the subject. Anon is handling it though.

EDIT: You can tell when I'm in rage mode because I leave obvious spelling errors.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Saw this. Would've posted it but the story made me too goddamn made to even formulate any thoughts on the subject. Anon is handling it though.

What has anon done so far? Just wondering.

Saturn500

They released the personal info of all of the members of the team.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
And the police outrageously undercharge, ignore at least a dozen proven perpetrators and allow rapists to walk scott-free.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
And now the town's trying to turn it into a case about the evils of social media.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
all in the name of football

• The Beast
Gosh, sounds like that other minor issue that happened when football was put ahead of the lives of others...

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
What the FUCK is wrong with people?!  >:(

And people wonder why I hate the human race sometimes...
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Gosh, sounds like that other minor issue that happened when football was put ahead of the lives of others...

I hate how male students these days think rape is hilarious. In almost all of these cases of high schoolers raping girls, they treat it like a joke.
This is a little off topic but I need to rant about it somewhere. Our school does these dress up days on the week of homecoming. Well one day was an animal day, and it was called "predator vs prey" day. Well a bunch of the football team dressed up in Penn State T-shirts and wore a towel over their boxers, and basically everyone thought it was hilarious that they were making fun of the rape.
My school told them to change, and that's it.

• The Beast

I hate how male students these days think rape is hilarious. In almost all of these cases of high schoolers raping girls, they treat it like a joke.
This is a little off topic but I need to rant about it somewhere. Our school does these dress up days on the week of homecoming. Well one day was an animal day, and it was called "predator vs prey" day. Well a bunch of the football team dressed up in Penn State T-shirts and wore a towel over their boxers, and basically everyone thought it was hilarious that they were making fun of the rape.
What the fuck?

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies

What the fuck?

I'm not over exaggerating by the way.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Da faq?  Also this case has a hero in it <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPruQ4DXoc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPruQ4DXoc</a>

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Huh, that's weird.

My left hand just formed an uncontrolled fist, except for the middle finger which is extended uncontrollably.

I can't change it.

Weird.

Oh wait, that must've been where my sheer rage went when I swallowed it.  Now it makes sense.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Is it odd after reading about this I ddint feel rage it felt rather been there done that in that this happens so often I'm numb to the pain