Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2024869 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #11850 on: January 20, 2018, 09:19:12 am »

This guy's going to go far.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11851 on: February 02, 2018, 06:38:00 am »
The garden variety Trump voter: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/S9z9V
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #11852 on: February 02, 2018, 04:29:58 pm »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11853 on: February 03, 2018, 01:12:35 am »
Except that the Alt-right hate the film and complain about it all the time.

The hypocrites can't stand the idea of non-white ethnostate being successful even if it is fictional.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #11854 on: February 03, 2018, 11:38:11 am »
Except that the Alt-right hate the film and complain about it all the time.

The hypocrites can't stand the idea of non-white ethnostate being successful even if it is fictional.

I think that's the joke.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #11855 on: February 04, 2018, 12:28:56 am »
The garden variety Trump voter: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/S9z9V

Fuck that doesn't remind me of anyone.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #11856 on: February 04, 2018, 10:09:03 am »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11857 on: February 06, 2018, 09:22:13 am »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #11858 on: February 06, 2018, 08:15:17 pm »

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
« Reply #11859 on: February 08, 2018, 04:42:35 am »
Stupid caption of the day. It had a little up arrow and everything.
The asteroid was large enough to kill off three-quarters of the life on earth. Photograph: Mopic/Alamy

Photograph? Really?

The asteroid? Really?

And the asteroid had a diameter of 6 miles. They've shown a retarded artists depiction of something with a diameter of at least 500 miles. You know - only half a million to a million times more massive! It's at least half the size of the Earth's moon (an 8th of the mass). It's bigger than all but 15-20 of the 180+ moons in the solar system.

Haven't done the maths, but it'd be interesting to see if an asteroid that big with a flush impact would leave an exit wound on the other side of the planet. Only so much mass can be vaporised, and that is largely a function of the speed, not the mass. Mind you, if it was travelling at 10 km/s, that's 20 minutes to get through the Earth, ignoring the obvious energy dissipation on impact, and the resistance afterwards, probably not. Definitely punch through the crust though, and it'd be hard not to imagine magma covering huge portions of the Earth and huge amounts of matter being jettisoned into space- particularly given that at the point of impact, more than 99.9% of the mass of the asteroid would still be outside of the stratosphere. (Being that, again being too lazy to do the maths, it looks like it'd want to add, at a guess, 2kms of magma to the surface of the Earth, and compare that to 4km of water currently on 70% of the Earth surface and you have enough heat to boil the oceans dry, except no idea what would occur at the interface. Momentumwise it wouldn't do a ton to the Earth's orbit, but explosionwise, dunno - maybe something, but again maybe not.

Picture is massive. Not going to link it.
Article is here.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/dinosaur-asteroid-science-ocean-floor

The really stupid thing. A to scale picture would be FAR more impressive, not least because "the asteroid that wiped out 75% of life on Earth" would look like a grain of sand.

(Stupid me was thinking in diameter, but kept typing in radius. Edited.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 05:11:19 am by Dappler »

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
« Reply #11860 on: February 08, 2018, 05:22:13 am »
(It's also about 1,000 times the volume of the Death Star, and being that the Death Star is largely hollow....)

[The eiffel tower is 125m wide at the base, and 330m high, but all the iron in it would be a solid block 10m3. It does have shitty airlocks though, and the less said about its garbage compactors, the better...]

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11861 on: February 08, 2018, 08:14:33 am »

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:16:01 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11862 on: February 11, 2018, 07:04:47 am »

...This map is wrong in so many ways.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11863 on: February 14, 2018, 11:02:29 am »

EDIT:

Note: it is unknown who put the sign up, though the church pastor denies that it was him.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:35:25 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #11864 on: February 21, 2018, 02:05:52 am »

Note: it is unknown who put the sign up, though the church pastor denies that it was him.

Now I want to get some sign letters and go around putting up fun messages on church signs.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!