Author Topic: Rape derp is rape derp regardless of nation  (Read 2682 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Rape derp is rape derp regardless of nation
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:03:03 am »
Here is another reminder that jingoistic misogyny still exists and is not restrained by national or cultural boarders. Right wing rape derp is not limited to politics in the United States. Remember folks, never go full GOP.

Meet Toru Hashimoto, former television commentator who is mayor of Osaka, Japan. He does not fit the typical mold of being an out of touch senile old right wing loon, as he is 43 years old. He formed the Japan Restoration Association a new right wing political party.

The following quote is Toru Hashimoto shitting the bed:
“When soldiers are risking their lives by running through storms of bullets, and you want to give these emotionally charged soldiers a rest somewhere, it’s clear that you need a comfort women system,”

For those who do not know:

The term jugun ianfu, "military comfort woman," is a euphemism for enforced military sex laborer or slave for the Japanese Imperial Army in the name of Emperor Hirohito. The term was coined by the Japanese government, military officials, and sexual industry agents, all hoping to obscure the dreadful reality behind the term.2 The women were originally called "teishintai," which means "voluntary corps," with the Confucian connotation of self-victimization. According to Yun Chung-ok, the founder of the Korean Council for the Women Drafted for Sexual Military Slavery by Japan, in this context the term also conveyed the more specific meanings of "drafting of women for sexual service to Japanese troops" and "patriotic voluntary military troops."3 It was felt that Korean women would feel more obligated by the connotations of self-sacrifice in the term teishintai because they were educated in the Confucian tradition. In reality the practice of "military comfort women" suggests not only the institutionalized, collective, systematic rape of Korean and other women by Japanese soldiers but also trafficking in women. Moreover, one person who witnessed what happened at the time, military doctor Aso Tetsuo, commented that Korean women were treated as if they were inhuman "female ammunition" and often referred to as "sanitary public toilets."4

Now with more history denial and attempts to shift blame!
“The issue existed in the armed forces of the U.S.A., the UK, France, Germany and the former Soviet Union among others during World War II,” he said.

“It also existed in the armed forces of the Republic of Korea during the Korean War and the Vietnam War,” Hashimoto added, using the official name of South Korea.

“If only Japan is blamed, because of the widely held view that the state authority of Japan was intentionally involved in the abduction and trafficking of women, I will have to inform you that this view is incorrect,” he said.

And remember folks that makes it aaawwwwwwrite because derp.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Art Vandelay

Re: Rape derp is rape derp regardless of nation
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 11:57:08 am »
It's Japan. The place where the Yakuza of all things operates vans that blasts out imperialist propaganda from the 40's and it rarely garners so much as a noise complaint. Needless to say, the less progressive side of politics over there can get a wee bit loopy from time to time.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 02:26:24 pm »
what u expect when the average voter is on social security

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »
"Comfort women?"

Sure, when you have soldiers fighting a war and facing the danger of death or dismemberment on daily basis this does build up stress and many of them look forward to releasing such stress through sex. Many armies have noticed this and have come up with reasonable responses, such as the French tradition of having brothels controlled by the military.

You know, "brothel" aka bordello aka whorehouse, places that have women and/or men who ARE DOING IT WILLINGLY AND GET PAID FOR THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE! Which is the opposite of setting your troops loose and having them rape the locals.

Come on Toru. Vikings and Hunns and other uncontrolled barbarians rape their victims, armies of civilised countries have regulations and laws and generally speaking are excpected not to behave like drunken, mad berserkers.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 02:44:53 pm »

Rape is an unfortunate consequence (among so many other things) of global warfare. Stallman links to a relevant piece on his site:
http://stallman.org/archives/2013-jan-apr.html#27_March_2013_%28US_Soldiers%29
^ "US history books say almost nothing about the prevalence of rape by soldiers in Vietnam."

It happens anyway, and a fringe loony in Japan just wants to have it be provided by his own government. In a certain light, this could be read as a stealth condemnation of perpetual warfare.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 03:10:32 pm »
Or could help out the unemployment rate there as well as have recruitment go through the roof.

Ironbite-......*brainbleaches*

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 06:40:30 pm »

Rape is an unfortunate consequence (among so many other things) of global warfare. Stallman links to a relevant piece on his site:
http://stallman.org/archives/2013-jan-apr.html#27_March_2013_%28US_Soldiers%29
^ "US history books say almost nothing about the prevalence of rape by soldiers in Vietnam."

Only accurate for high school level history books, at least college level is quite a different story. Don't rely upon RMS for academic matters, he lives in a bubble.

It happens anyway, and a fringe loony in Japan just wants to have it be provided by his own government. In a certain light, this could be read as a stealth condemnation of perpetual warfare.
You have missed his point, denial of history. He is not ignorant of brothels or sex tourism he is demonstrating yet another example of historical revisionism (negationism). This below statement is an the most blatant example:

“If only Japan is blamed, because of the widely held view that the state authority of Japan was intentionally involved in the abduction and trafficking of women, I will have to inform you that this view is incorrect"
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 12:30:44 am »
Don't rely upon RMS for academic matters, he lives in a bubble.

Stallman is one of our greatest minds. He always looks at the big picture, so it's not surprising when one of our threads touches upon something he has already contemplated with his gigantic brain.

Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 01:45:10 am »
No serious thread has descended into farce this fast.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 03:08:47 am »
No serious thread has descended into farce this fast.

We've had faster.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 03:57:20 am »
There was this one time a serious topic ended up getting a silly derail...

...at the second post.

The only ones faster aren't serious topics.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 10:58:52 am »
I can't unsee the toe jam eating in front of a roomful of seminar attendees, ever.  :o
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 11:19:23 am »
As a Windows user, I give no shits one way or another about Stallman.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 12:10:50 pm »
Stallman, lol. Horrible man.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 12:35:58 pm »
Stallman, lol. Horrible man.

The man who will deliver us from the evils of proprietary software graces the thread with his presence, and you went and hurt his feelings. For shame.