Author Topic: Pork-laced bullets? Really?  (Read 8421 times)

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Pork-laced bullets? Really?
« on: June 23, 2013, 12:29:00 am »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/pork-laced-bullets-designed-to-send-muslims-straight-to-hell/2013/06/21/aff2247a-daaa-11e2-b418-9dfa095e125d_story.html

Seems like a waste of perfectly good bacon to me. You know, crap like using pork-laced paint on bullets only seems to encourage the dumbasses who try to blow themselves up. Now, does that mean we need to make shellfish-laced bullets for anyone who wants to send a Xian to hell if they invade their home?

I'm not saying anyone should, because that's just stupid, and it's a waste of perfectly good lobster besides. To me, this whole "my dad is bigger than your dad" BS is getting old. One of the reasons I left, actually. On a serious note, I don't buy the line from the bullet company on this. At all. If the company had the nerve to make a bullet against Xians, it would already be out of business.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Pork-laced bullets? Really?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 12:37:22 am »
Reminds me of these idiots. Or the idiots at Free Republic.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:59:08 am »
Last time I got together with one of my lifelong friends, he told me about this. He thought it was the best thing ever. *facepalm*

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 01:10:26 am »
This might be illegal.  Like I get free speech but this crosses to fire in crowd

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 01:18:12 am »
While I honestly think that being disallowed from eating certain foods because of your religion is stupid...

...I think that the intent behind this is goatse-level asshattery.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Potenatae Argyros

• Neonate
  • Sorry to pop in unannounced.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 01:22:46 am »
According to the article, they're still pissed off over the Park 51 cultural center near ground zero. Because we all know that a cultural center mosque near ground zero is an insult to Christian gun owning 'Murikkka.

But anyway, how is lacing bullets with pork actually going to get Extremists to back down? I thought the Koran is lenient about touching/ingesting pork.
I came up with this signature all by myself.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 01:39:31 am »
This is not the first time someone suggests weaponizing pork just to terrorise muslims.

Some have simply suggested carrying a bottle of pig blood and pouring it on the muslim yo have killled (I think this was a suggestion for the US forces occupying Iraq and Afghanistan, it was few years ago.)

I'm not sure if either of these is quite against Quran. After all the article said that there is an exception for "no-pork" if the alternative is starvation so I don't see how having pork forced on you would be against the rules either.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 01:53:20 am »
I've heard an urban legend that back in the early 20th century, an American general dealing with Muslim insurgents in the Phillipines responded by burying any that were killed wrapped in pig skins. Supposedly, that terrified the insurgents so much that the surrendered en masse.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 02:16:01 am »
I've heard an urban legend that back in the early 20th century, an American general dealing with Muslim insurgents in the Phillipines responded by burying any that were killed wrapped in pig skins. Supposedly, that terrified the insurgents so much that the surrendered en masse.
As I recall, he lined up around 50 of them, had his troops slaughter a couple of pigs and soak their bullets in pig blood. They would then shoot one, smear his corpse with pig guts and throw it in a mass grave. They went through 49 of them in that manner, then let the 50th guy go. Apparently, that was the end of any Islamic insurgency in the Philippines.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 02:19:19 am »
According to the article, they're still pissed off over the Park 51 cultural center near ground zero. Because we all know that a cultural center mosque near ground zero is an insult to Christian gun owning 'Murikkka.

But anyway, how is lacing bullets with pork actually going to get Extremists to back down? I thought the Koran is lenient about touching/ingesting pork.
Depends on how fundamentalist the Muslim is.  Some don't eat pork on the principal that it's unclean, much like Jews.  However there are certain sects where to even come in contact with pork or any other unclean thing requires immediate purification prayer and ritual or, if the person dies before the cleansing can be done, the result is the same as fundamentalist Christians believe if you die in your sins without repenting and begging Christ's salvation.  One way ticket to Hell.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 02:39:32 am »
Art  and RU (should I call you "Rue" or "Roo?") : I think that was General "BlackJack" Pershing who did that, supposedly. My account, though, was that he had two men killed in that manner, and let the third one live.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 02:53:53 am »

Depends on how fundamentalist the Muslim is.  Some don't eat pork on the principal that it's unclean, much like Jews.  However there are certain sects where to even come in contact with pork or any other unclean thing requires immediate purification prayer and ritual or, if the person dies before the cleansing can be done, the result is the same as fundamentalist Christians believe if you die in your sins without repenting and begging Christ's salvation.  One way ticket to Hell.

I think this whole thing is old news.  Maybe not this particular article, but I remember complaints being had over this and bullets with some Christian phrase on them a couple years ago.  From what I remember, there were Muslims that said that the whole 'unclean being damned' thing only applied to Muslims who willingly and casually touched or ingested pork; if contact was unavoidable or forced on them (like getting shot with a blood soaked bullet), it wouldn't count against them because God would know.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 03:56:23 am »
^That is a good point, and pretty much what I would expect of a forgiving God. 

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 04:50:00 am »
This reminded me of something. There was an incident long time ago concerning ammo that had some pigs involved. In India soldiers had been ordered to use cartridges that were treated with pig and cow fat. They were stored like that so that no dirt or water could seep into the cartridge and the regulations said that when loading a rifle the soldier should stick the cartridge into his mouth and bite it open before pouring the powder into the gun.

Turns out it was the Sepoy rebellion that got started because of that. The cartridges had cow (sacred) and pig (abhorrent) grease on them and the hindu and muslim soldiers did not appreciate this since they thought that it was an inentional insult to their religion. Mostly it was just ignorance and sheer stupidity that caused the ammo to be shipped to India but despite the attempts to undo the damage this was one of the reasons behind Sepoy mutiny.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 07:35:47 am »
This reminded me of something. There was an incident long time ago concerning ammo that had some pigs involved. In India soldiers had been ordered to use cartridges that were treated with pig and cow fat. They were stored like that so that no dirt or water could seep into the cartridge and the regulations said that when loading a rifle the soldier should stick the cartridge into his mouth and bite it open before pouring the powder into the gun.

Turns out it was the Sepoy rebellion that got started because of that. The cartridges had cow (sacred) and pig (abhorrent) grease on them and the hindu and muslim soldiers did not appreciate this since they thought that it was an inentional insult to their religion. Mostly it was just ignorance and sheer stupidity that caused the ammo to be shipped to India but despite the attempts to undo the damage this was one of the reasons behind Sepoy mutiny.

Dammit someone beat me to mentioning that.