Author Topic: SOPA's back, back again...  (Read 3128 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
SOPA's back, back again...
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:56:32 pm »

http://www.complex.com/tech/2013/08/sopa-felony-copyright-streaming

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/07/unauthorized-streaming-felony_n_3720479.html

Well ladies, gentleman, artificial constructs, and metal dinosaur, guess which zombie legislation is back again? No, not the stop ACORN thing, that was last week. This time we see SOPA coming back, again, trying to make streaming anything copyrighted in any way a felony. That means even covers of songs, like those done by YouTube's wonderful 331erock, are now felonies.

I guess I need to get my jolly roger flag and Guy Fawkes mask back out. Now, I love killing zombies, but this is getting almost as stupid as the 13 different bills passed to get rid of an organization that no longer exists.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: SOPA's back, back again...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:57:17 pm »
Necromancers wish they were as powerful as this.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 10:12:39 pm »
Again? What do they think, that somehow it's going to be different this time? I don't think people are going to just magically change their minds.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 10:14:24 pm »
No, the media companies are greedy pigs, and want people to pay and pay.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 11:00:32 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 11:05:30 pm »
Again? What do they think, that somehow it's going to be different this time? I don't think people are going to just magically change their minds.

I think they're banking on people either not knowing, not caring, or not being able to generate the rage against it again. Which is why the news of this probably needs to be spread as far as it can be.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:06:25 pm »
How many times again do we need to say 'no' so they can all shut the fuck up again? Do these people even take 'no' for an answer?

Offline Xander Zzyzx

• Apprentice
  • Now with 25% more devil
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 11:08:05 pm »
A felony? Seriously? They want to make something that should only be a civil violation a FELONY?

The big music labels sure aren't endearing themselves to us when they're trying to make felons out of everybody.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 11:08:26 pm »
Unfortunately I am not American so cannot sign that petition, I did reblog it when I saw it on Tumblr though.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 11:29:54 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTE8qnJ7h8

That's all I have to say about this. 

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 11:47:16 pm »
A felony? Seriously? They want to make something that should only be a civil violation a FELONY?

The big music labels sure aren't endearing themselves to us when they're trying to make felons out of everybody.

Oh they're making a lot of people pirate shit purely out of spite for this shit.  Myself included.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 12:05:41 am »
I know what we must do! We must PIRATE THE GOVERNMENT!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 12:34:37 am »
Well it is certainly understandable that they don't like piracy and want to protect their property. It's just such a pity that these laws they want are so stupid.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 03:06:21 am »
And pretty much unenforceable.

Ironbite-this will die once more in this do-nothing congress.