Author Topic: Major Faux Pas at Kanye West Concert  (Read 5903 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Major Faux Pas at Kanye West Concert
« on: September 15, 2014, 01:53:32 pm »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/14/kanye-west-stops-concert-to-yell-at-wheelchair-bound-kid-stand-up.html

Oh, Kanye. The acclaimed rapper/self-described Steve Jobs/newly minted Kardashian, who once rapped, “They tryna put me on the schoolbus with the space for the wheelchair,” halted a concert on Friday night after discovering that several audience members weren’t standing up to honor their Lord and Savior.

The setting was the Qantas Credit Union Arena in Sydney, Australia, and West reportedly announced, “I can’t do this song. I can’t do this show until everybody stand up… Unless you got a handicap pass and you get special parking and shit. ‘Imma see you if you ain’t standing up, believe me, I’m very good at that.” Then came the foot-in-mouth moment. Most of the fans got up and boogied, but soon West spotted a pair of concertgoers who’d remained in their seats, and refused to continue the show until they stood up and danced like the rest. One of those two singled-out fans raised a prosthetic limb, thereby proving that she did in fact “get special parking and shit,” to which West replied, “Okay, you fine.”

West then homed in on Fan No. 2, who was still seated. He stopped performing the tune “The Good Life” and declared, “This is the longest I’ve had to wait to do a song, it’s unbelievable.” The crowd was reportedly trying to clue Kanye in to his epic blunder, with the entire section making wheelchair signals with their arms. But to no avail. West sent his bulky bodyguard Pascal Duvier into the crowd to confirm that the seated fan was, in fact, in a wheelchair. When it was confirmed, West said, “He is in a wheelchair? It’s fine!”

Just when you thought he couldn't be any more of a jackass.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Major Faux Pas at Kanye West Concert
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 03:14:59 pm »
Can't imagine what it must have felt like to be in the crowd that night. I'd get the douche-chills so hard my whole body would lock up.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 12:26:35 am »
I think I would have just left the audience. I think it would have been wrong to keep on sitting as it would have ruined the show for the fans, but I would not have stayd there either.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 12:48:30 am »
Amazing.  Just...amazing.

Ironbite-how'd this douchebag get any form of fame again?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 01:07:35 am »
I like the Daft punk cover song with the music video that is mostly scenes copied from Akira.

The original versions are better in both of those, but it's not bad.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:30:07 pm »
*Pinches bridge of nose*  How... how can somebody be such... so... Kanye?

It's like somebody put Kanye in the Kanye so they could Kanye while they Kanye'd.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 02:00:54 pm »
It's as if he was so much of a giant douchecanoe that he's become the Douche Titanic.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:44:58 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 05:28:02 pm »
It's as if he was so much of a giant douchecanoe that he's become the Douche Titanic.

Well, you have to admit that he's not a gay fish.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 08:59:09 pm »

...?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 09:01:07 pm »

...?
It's a South Park reference.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:48 pm »

...?
Ah. I hate South Park with a passion I usually reserve for dental work and frilly dresses, so I wouldn't know.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 10:55:41 pm »

...?
Ah. I hate South Park with a passion I usually reserve for dental work and frilly dresses, so I wouldn't know.

YES!  Finally someone else who hates that show!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 10:58:51 pm »
Anyway, I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with Kanye.  Is he an attention whore?  An idiot savant?  What?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 11:13:33 pm »
Anyway, I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with Kanye.  Is he an attention whore?  An idiot savant?  What?

A narcissist, a problem that is a plague upon society.

Unfortunately, this plague, everyone suffers EXCEPT the person who is actually infected with it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 11:29:35 pm »
Relevant parody.

"I know that I'm a narcissistic psycho. Ignorant, goin' on rants at every show."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8u0BlGJ1Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8u0BlGJ1Y</a>

Vaguely related question to the topic and the above video: Did Obama really call Kanye West a jackass?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov