Author Topic: Gas Prices in your area  (Read 14203 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Gas Prices in your area
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:02:45 am »
So how expensive are gas prices where you are?

Here in Missouri - $3.49 this morning (15 cent jump OVERNIGHT as it was only $3.35 just yesterday) >:(

So messed up!
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: Gas Prices in your area
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:15:23 am »
as of last night? $3.80 here, three hours north of NYC and an hour south of Albany.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:24:57 am »
Of course, some folks have it easy...

Where I live in South Wales, average supermarket gas station prices are £1.329 a litre - that's 0.264172 US gallon.
So 1 US gallon is (1/0.264172 x £1.329 =) £5.031, which at to-day's exchange rate of $1.51 to the £ makes 1 US gallon of gas $7.60.

Cheapest gas currently in Webster, NY (which is where I live when I'm in the US) is $3.72, though last year it was over $4.
Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:33:23 am »
Here in the Triad area of NC (Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem) the price range yesterday was from $3.65 to $3.80 per gallon, but it is expected to jump by up to 20 cents/gal by this weekend.  Haven't been out yet today so I haven't had a chance to check.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:37:16 am »
Why does there seem to be some sort of linear relationship between gas prices and latitude?

I've driven from New York State down to Florida several times in the last 5 years and I could almost guess whereabouts I was on the I95 by looking at the gas prices.
Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:57 am »
Around $1.13 per litre up here in Calgary, last I checked, which is a little under $4.30 per gallon, if I'm doing the math correctly.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 11:15:43 am »
As of 4 AM EST (when I refilled) it was $3.80 a gallon for the 93 octane, $3.60 for the 87 in Northernish Virginia.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 11:43:43 am »
Saw on the news last night it hit $5 a gallon in LA

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 12:09:43 pm »
$3.65 this morning about 45 minutes west of Chicago.  This was a jump of $.20 overnight.  The kicker is, I use GasBuddy to find the lowest prices, and the station I went to was listed at the lower price.  Since traffic was bad, I snuck in the back way and didn't see the sign until I was actually putting my card into the pump.  If I hadn't been running late, I probably would have cancelled the transaction and gone down the road (doesn't help that I really hate the station I went to, generally).

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 12:15:09 pm »
It was $3.45 a gallon when I last saw the station last night. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it up to $3.49 today.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 12:18:36 pm »
$3.84 right now in the Seattle area. Damn.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 12:23:12 pm »
Why does there seem to be some sort of linear relationship between gas prices and latitude?

I've driven from New York State down to Florida several times in the last 5 years and I could almost guess whereabouts I was on the I95 by looking at the gas prices.

Driving down I-95, when you see the highest gas prices, you're probably in NC.  We have one of the highest gas tax in the nation.  I tried looking it up, but the most current I could find was from around July of last year.  The state tax increased around .09 on January 1 and is now a total of around .65/gallon.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 03:08:12 pm »
Our car runs on diesel which is hovering around £1.40 a litre right now. So that's £5.30 per US gallon so that gives us a grand total of...

$8.33 per gallon.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »
Creeping up to 4 bucks round these parts.

Ironbite-and the news was saying it'll get to 4.25 before spring

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 06:20:04 pm »
Creeping up to 4 bucks round these parts.

Ironbite-and the news was saying it'll get to 4.25 before spring

Which means it'll be close to $4.75 here.  I was shocked how low Oregon prices were when I went back to visit.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."