Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156552 times)

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #540 on: January 11, 2018, 11:07:28 pm »
He's really a very messed up person...in real life too, it would appear, if his Twitter feed is anything to go by.

He spends half his time tweeting prescriptions for Jesus, how we all need Jesus, ask me how Jesus turned my life around, would you like to know Jesus?  etc., and the other half the time complaining about how lonely and shitty his life is.

I’m not really surprised he has a lonely, shitty life. He’s so angry and hate-filled that no one wants to be near him. Although, to his credit, I’m not sure which one came first. Is he nasty and mean because he’s lonely, or is he lonely because he’s nasty and mean?

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #541 on: January 11, 2018, 11:28:29 pm »
I’m not really surprised he has a lonely, shitty life. He’s so angry and hate-filled that no one wants to be near him. Although, to his credit, I’m not sure which one came first. Is he nasty and mean because he’s lonely, or is he lonely because he’s nasty and mean?

Good question.  All I know is that if I were Jesus I wouldn't want this guy doing any public service announcements for me, since it seems like all Jesus has done is make him angry and lonely and bitter. I found myself this close to feeling sorry for him, something I didn't think I was capable of feeling towards him.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #542 on: January 12, 2018, 11:26:42 am »
Maxwell started a thread crying about being banned at Christian News Network...of course he posted it at Lady Checkmate's channel.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-communitycouncil/banned_again_at_cnn/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:35:36 am by Jocasta »

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #543 on: January 12, 2018, 07:19:17 pm »
They don’t seem to understand what a “troll” is. The definition of a “troll” is not “anyone whom I disagree with.”

To be a troll, you have to show up at sites intending to anger and upset people, behave disrespectfully, and say deliberately inflammatory things, often things you don’t actually agree with. No one at CNN is in the slightest bit disrespectful or rude. We just call people out for saying stupid, insane, and demonstrably false things. The fact that it upsets (g)you to be proven wrong over and over again does not make me a “troll.” I can’t help your lack of maturity and self-control.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #544 on: January 12, 2018, 10:05:13 pm »
They don’t seem to understand what a “troll” is. The definition of a “troll” is not “anyone whom I disagree with.”

To be a troll, you have to show up at sites intending to anger and upset people, behave disrespectfully, and say deliberately inflammatory things, often things you don’t actually agree with. No one at CNN is in the slightest bit disrespectful or rude. We just call people out for saying stupid, insane, and demonstrably false things. The fact that it upsets (g)you to be proven wrong over and over again does not make me a “troll.” I can’t help your lack of maturity and self-control.

They are all very good at re-painting a situation to make it look like they are persecuted and oppressed.  In order for them to do that most effectively, they have to stick us all in a box and label the box a certain way.  I'm sure lots of the people that battle them over there are moderate Christians (i.e. Catholics, Lutherans, Episopalians, Methodists, etc) and might well be conservative on the political scale and are perfectly well behaved on any forum they go to, but Checkmate and company are always going to see them as atheistic "alt-left trolls".

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #545 on: January 25, 2018, 05:14:14 pm »
I think I might have found Lady Checkmate's hero:

https://www.cnsnews.com/author/dan-gainor

(CNS News is similar to Christian News Network, except they seem to focus more on politics and less on religion)

If you look at his last dozen or so stories, they all start with the title "Alt-Left Insanity", and basically consist of him poking fun at various things some liberals have said or done, as if to say "that's what all liberals think!"

I was thinking about posting some of them on FSTDT, but they're pretty damn long....maybe I'll try to condense them somewhat, I dunno.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #546 on: January 25, 2018, 06:27:58 pm »
I think they have the same idea....that if you say “alt-left” enough times it will catch on and other people will start to use it. My reaction to that is to point out to them every chance you get that nobody says it except them.  Kind of like when Amos and WorldGoneCrazy say “a-theist”.  Or when WGC uses his “deathscorts”, “bro-choicers” and so on.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #547 on: January 30, 2018, 08:49:59 pm »
http://christiannews.net/2018/01/07/gideons-no-longer-allowed-to-offer-bibles-at-kansas-elementary-school-following-complaint/

This 20 day old thread is now in its third major purge
Another 10 days and another purge. It when from 998 total messages to 288.

So far 710 messages removed.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #548 on: February 05, 2018, 03:24:44 pm »
Game on!
http://christiannews.net/2018/02/03/atheist-activist-group-complains-to-school-district-after-teacher-casts-doubt-upon-evolution/

edited: It is becoming industrial grade stupid.
Hey it is getting near Darwin's birthday
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:32:28 pm by Bob J. »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #549 on: February 05, 2018, 04:14:33 pm »
Game on!
http://christiannews.net/2018/02/03/atheist-activist-group-complains-to-school-district-after-teacher-casts-doubt-upon-evolution/

edited: It is becoming industrial grade stupid.
Hey it is getting near Darwin's birthday

Wait, our exalted Lord and Savior's birthday is coming up? How could I have forgotten?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #550 on: February 05, 2018, 05:23:27 pm »
Tangent002
Listing a number of arguments and expecting a rebuttal of every one of them is called a 'Gish Gallop'. All of these arguments have been thoroughly debunked.

Skywatcher57:

Easy to say, so where's your proof! Come up with the proofs and I'll come over to your camp! Anyone can make a foolish and unfounded statement as you have here, so back it up with some proof, please.

Yes, please do answer all of Reason2012’s arguments in own words, 500 words or less, complete sentences.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #551 on: February 06, 2018, 07:59:56 am »
I am glad I had a chance to read that thread before the imperial hand of Christian News Network shows up and censors 90% of the comments out.

Although the only people losing their shit are the Christians, as usual.  Well, most of them.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #552 on: February 07, 2018, 10:27:38 am »
That thread is still going strong and the bigots are getting absolutely humiliated by the people who understand science.  This CAN'T last.  The Christian News Network censor is going to crash the party anytime and go on a deleting and banning spree.  I'm going to save this thread while I can...Skywatcher57 is a moron of incredible magnitude, and whoever this Richard Forrest is, I wish I could bottle his responses because they're so well-detailed and presented (although he's showing a tendency to lose his temper, which I hope doesn't result in him being banned...God knows this place doesn't need much of an excuse to do that...)

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #553 on: February 07, 2018, 02:04:57 pm »
That thread is still going strong and the bigots are getting absolutely humiliated by the people who understand science.

On the same thread - it looks like Reason2012 has slightly modified his comment to make my Carbon-14 response seem off topic and not relevant. His mentioning "in the air" and rewording of the last sentence seems to have changed.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #554 on: February 07, 2018, 03:35:12 pm »
That thread is still going strong and the bigots are getting absolutely humiliated by the people who understand science.

On the same thread - it looks like Reason2012 has slightly modified his comment to make my Carbon-14 response seem off topic and not relevant. His mentioning "in the air" and rewording of the last sentence seems to have changed.

Good catch.  He eliminated the reference to carbon, so now the comment makes no sense. 

"7) The Earth was not supposedly formed when the imagined big bang happened. After a few hundred thousands of years, with a half life of 5,730 years, there should be none left, yet it’s found in abundance in “ancient” fossils."

There should be none OF WHAT left?  None of anything?  Is he saying everything has a half-life of 5,370 years?

I think I'll even call him out on that....