Author Topic: Volkswagen Caught Lying About Emissions  (Read 967 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Volkswagen Caught Lying About Emissions
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:11:51 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/23/business/international/volkswagen-diesel-car-scandal.html?_r=0

So instead of doing the right thing from the start - producing cars that legitimately meet emission standards - this giant diesel Ponzi scheme is concocted and carried out.  Somewhere along the line the risk/benefit ratio is calculated, and it is determined that carrying out the deception is worth the cost of getting caught, and all the wrath and damage that would entail?  Imagine if all that energy and brain power was thrown at the emissions rather than the criminal act of subverting the law.

Was it worth it, Volkswagen?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Volkswagen Caught Lying About Emissions
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 03:51:09 pm »
Well they made slightly more money than they would have done... Right up until the moment they got caught and now their reputation took a hit and they are likely to suffer because of this for a while at least.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Volkswagen Caught Lying About Emissions
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 05:19:58 pm »
CEO stepped down because of this.

Ironbite-and the stock took a massive hit.