Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
People took their Mount and Blade LARPs very seriously back then.
Everyone knows that's why the ancient era and the middle ages were so brutal compared to today's world:  all those damned video games.
Because the president of USA is attacking the GAMERS this means that the KiA and the rest of the "totally all about ethical journalism in gaming and nothing else" crowd have chosen their side.

Against video games of course. ...Because gaming journalists said that games don't turn people into mass murderers and siding with the ENEMY is heresy of the worst kind.

Those people are so damn gullible and easy to exploit.

https://np.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/7zml81/ethics_a_friendly_reminder_that_in_light_of_the/
Religion and Philosophy / Re: Iceland proposes ban on male circumcision
« Last post by dpareja on February 24, 2018, 10:51:48 pm »
I mean. the title is a bit misleading. It's banning forced/nonconsentual circumcision. Not the practice in general

Sure, I abbreviated.

And, in fairness, it doesn't even ban all of those--circumcision for medical reasons is still allowed.
« Last post by Svata on February 24, 2018, 09:50:36 pm »
I mean. the title is a bit misleading. It's banning forced/nonconsentual circumcision. Not the practice in general
Entertainment and Television / Re: Blaming Video Games for Violence... Again
« Last post by Lana Reverse on February 24, 2018, 07:25:54 pm »
I found an interesting study. Apparently, studies that fail to find a link between video games and violence are less likely to be published. Of course, studies with negative results usually are underpublished, but it's always nice to have evidence.
« Last post by dpareja on February 24, 2018, 06:38:13 pm »
Luckily, I don't play shooters. But I do play Transport Tycoon, which of course turned me into the next Richard Branson.

I've played Pokemon once upon a time, so obviously I'm just as bad as Michael Vick.
« Last post by niam2023 on February 24, 2018, 06:33:22 pm »
I guess I'm opposed to circumstition
« Last post by Art Vandelay on February 24, 2018, 06:30:36 pm »
Luckily, I don't play shooters. But I do play Transport Tycoon, which of course turned me into the next Richard Branson.
« Last post by dpareja on February 24, 2018, 06:11:31 pm »
Christopher Hitchens on ritual genital mutilationcircumcision, particularly in Judaism:

...if you look at the reasons given by Maimonides and the other sages for the practice of circumcision, it is precisely to dull, and to blunt, the sensation of an organ which I don't think even, well, I'll leave it there. It's explicitly designed, in other words, to reduce sexual pleasure and make it more of a painful duty than a celebration.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10