Author Topic: FB Postings by the antivax crazy lady on my friends' list  (Read 17759 times)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
Re: FB Postings by the antivax crazy lady on my friends' list
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »
Yes, I am well aware of the horrific dangers of dysentery and other diseases which present with diarrhea as a primary or secondary symptom. I was commenting on the poster's ignorance of the fact that diarrhea is a symptom and not a disease in and of itself. It's basic medicine that you alleviate the symptoms when you can, but treat the disease. Now in cases like cholera and the rotovirus, when the symptom can kill all by itself, it is utterly essential to alleviate that symptom, but you still treat the disease as the primary cause.

You can't just give someone a "diarrhea vaccine." It's a potentially deadly symptom with thousands of possible causes. That's one of the reasons the preferred method of treatment in so many parts of the world is oral re-hydration. They are not trying to cure the cause because they probably don't know what it is, so their primary goal is to simply enable the victim to survive the symptom, cross their fingers, and hope for the best.

Rotovirus and cholera vaccines are damn near essential in some parts of the world, and it's assholes like this that are helping to make sure those who need them desperately do not get them by calling into question their very existence.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

QueenofHearts

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 06:50:29 pm »
I meant to add to what you were saying, I never meant to say anything along the lines of you were wrong because you weren't. I also should've added that the main benefit of the vaccines is if there is an outbreak of such diseases, in which case we know which virus is the cause, and not in prevention of regular, somewhat isolated, occurrences. Maybe I should have been a bit clearer though in saying that I was just trying to add to your point that this lady is clearly looking at this problem through 1st world specs and doesn't understand how such things as diarrhea can be deadly and such a vaccine could be life saving (not even getting into a biochemical stance that she is taking as I don't know that well enough to tell her why she's wrong).

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 09:58:04 pm »
Wrong anti-vaxxer is wrong. That's all that needs to be said about this thread.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 04:26:10 pm »
Oh FFS...

Being afraid of injecting bacteria into your body via vaccines is like being afraid of getting your pinky finger wet while dancing naked in the rain.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 09:34:23 am »
Also, so much wrong...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=412511538792567&set=a.139128532797537.20543.133579170019140&type=1

Fuck I'm not a bio-major or doctor and even I know about the principle of herd immunization.

Also I realized since starting to track her I've posted something crazy almost everyday. She's like a bottomless well of idiocy. I wonder how long I can keep this up before I lose the will to live.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 09:37:43 am »

Apart from the failure to understand herd immunity, there's also the fact that I'm concerned about the well-being of your unvaccinated child.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 07:43:41 am »
Oh look, a "chemtrails" FB group.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/STOP-Spraying-Our-Skies-NOW/246897408657673

(Chemtrails is the belief that the fog trails that come from jet planes actually contain whatever chemical of the month the Government is spraying the populace with)

shykid

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 08:03:08 am »
Massive pic on vaccines.

I like how the argument here amounts to "81 is a big number, vaccines are WRONG."

Being afraid of injecting bacteria into your body via vaccines is like being afraid of getting your pinky finger wet while dancing naked in the rain.

ETA: Someone tell this dumb bitch about Botox. It's live botulism and useful for almost everything under the sun: muscle spasms, Parkinson's, migraines, nasal drip, eye spasms/twitching, excessive sweating, body odor, ulcers, fibromyalgia, grinding and clenching teeth, numbing facial wrinkles into submission, and probably several other things.

(Fun Fact: Botox was used for most of the former things before it became famous for numbing people's facial muscles into the uncanny valley. Doctors and migraine patients only serendipitously discovered the "side effect" of it masking their forehead wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing the muscles. The moar you know~~*)

Ironically, I'm a mysophobe probably to the point of it being a clinical problem, and vaccines and Botox don't bother me. I guess being used medicinally under the supervision of a doctor somehow makes them safe or "sterilized" in my mind or something. Fuck if I know.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:15:35 pm by shy »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 11:02:29 am »
Oh look, a "chemtrails" FB group.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/STOP-Spraying-Our-Skies-NOW/246897408657673

(Chemtrails is the belief that the fog trails that come from jet planes actually contain whatever chemical of the month the Government is spraying the populace with)

I didn't know about this until a couple months ago when a security guard at my school stopped me and forced me to watched a bunch of videos on it. It's good to know a man in such a position is that far off his rocker.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 11:29:54 am »

ETA: Someone tell this dumb bitch about Botox. It's live botulism and useful for almost everything under the sun: muscle spasms, Parkinson's, migraines, nasal drip, eye spasms/twitching, excessive sweating, body odor, ulcers, fibromyalgia, grinding and clenching teeth, numbing facial wrinkles into submission, and probably several other things.

(Fun Fact: Botox was used for most of the former things before it became famous for numbing people's facial muscles into the uncanny valley. Doctors and migraine patients only serendipitously discovered the "side effect" of it masking their forehead wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing the muscles. The moar you know~~*)

Ironically, I'm a mysophobe probably to the of it being a clinical problem, and vaccines and Botox don't bother me. I guess being used medicinally under the supervision of a doctor somehow makes them safe or "sterilized" in my mind or something. Fuck if I know.
Looking at her facebook I doubt she'll be able to step into a hospital or clinic again without spasming. Likely she'll just get some "miracle cures" that won't turn out to be miracles if something bad happens.

Sad but won't be the first time.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 12:12:08 pm »
The human body naturally contains a lot of bacteria, even in the mouth alone.

Remove this bacteria, and the human body actually starts to suffer a bit.

Bacteria != bad.

I wonder if this person even understands how vaccines work - yes, you're injecting a virus into someone's body.  An incredibly weakened virus that your immune system will quickly deal with once it recognizes it as a threat, allowing it to deal with the stronger version of that virus quickly before it has time to settle in and start making corrupted cells...

...Viruses are, on a side note, interesting things...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 07:05:37 pm »

No link this time because the original poster is also an individual account.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 08:10:56 pm »
My Prozac pills are yummy.  Prozac good.  Strong tooth enamel good.  Brain is nice.  You not have brain.  Feel sorry for you.

shykid

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 09:50:07 pm »
To get enough fluoride to cause brain damage or death from tap water, you'd have to drink enough of it to die of water poisoning anyway, so you'd get the same effect drinking water that isn't fluoridated.

Anti-fluoride people make me RAEG just like anti-vaxers. Not having fluoridated water or fluoride treatments partially contributed to why I have a mouth full of porcelain and metal.