Author Topic: Fandumb  (Read 77878 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Fandumb
« Reply #330 on: May 28, 2014, 07:10:00 pm »
Haven't heard of this guy until know, but he sounds great :P

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #331 on: May 28, 2014, 07:42:41 pm »
While I freely admit that some of the latter-gen Pokemon like Klefki and Vanillite are fucking retarded concepts, I like this guy.  I love a dude with a good sense of humour.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #332 on: May 28, 2014, 10:42:58 pm »
While I freely admit that some of the latter-gen Pokemon like Klefki and Vanillite are fucking retarded concepts, I like this guy.  I love a dude with a good sense of humour.

At least they're in keeping with Gen 1.  After all, there's living pollution and living eggs (that are apparently also seeds that become a living palm tree - yet somehow have yolk inside) so that's kinda freaky.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #333 on: May 28, 2014, 11:14:32 pm »
Last time I've checked, that image was an hoax. What a shame because I wish Ken Sugimori actually said that...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #334 on: May 29, 2014, 12:01:13 am »
Last time I've checked, that image was an hoax. What a shame because I wish Ken Sugimori actually said that...

Having looked into it, it is almost certainly fake, but it's true.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #335 on: May 29, 2014, 10:38:42 am »

At least they're in keeping with Gen 1.  After all, there's living pollution and living eggs (that are apparently also seeds that become a living palm tree - yet somehow have yolk inside) so that's kinda freaky.

A lot of Pokemon are fuckin disturbing when you look at 'em.  Like god damned lampent going around and ripping the souls out of the recently-deceased...and using them like fire wood to keep its flames going.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #336 on: May 29, 2014, 02:30:34 pm »
One thing that pissed me off about Gen 5 was the negative reactions toward the Pokémon introduced in Unova (more creatures introduced than the very first games in Kanto). Everybody talked about that garbage Pokémon (Trubbish and Garbodor) and looked at them like it was the worst thing to happen in the entire franchise, even proclaiming that the series "had a good run...". As Magus said, the creature creation process is the same as it has ever been since Gen 1. The reason people still play these games is the same reason other long-running game series like Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy are still thoroughly enjoyed. Then there is the James Bond/007 book and film series that has gotten away with the formula for a long time and its recent installment Skyfall receiving accolades despite being another 007 flick. People are so used to the familiar and it's hard to get used to things that are too different (see: some of the criticism of BioShock Infinite, even though like the first BioShock sequel is still a similar game, but a different setting almost unrelated to the timeline of the first BioShock and the Rapture setting. We do get to see this in the Burial At Sea DLCs).

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:33:34 pm by Alehksunos »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #337 on: May 29, 2014, 09:49:24 pm »
While the look of various Pokemon how likeable certain characters are is ultimately subjective, the mechanics of the game and how utterly broken they were in Gen 1 is a little less subjective. Special attack and special defense being a single stat, dragon types having no reason whatsoever to exist, psychic being stupidly overpowered. Even with the nostalgia for the original Pokemon games, I can freely admit that the later generations are still better games.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #338 on: May 30, 2014, 08:32:28 am »
Mind ya, I've only ever played FireRed.  I collected a little as a kid, but my interest in Pokemon mostly stems from how hilariously bad the cartoon is.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #339 on: June 25, 2014, 03:23:25 am »
We (September Scanlations) have blocked Japanese IPs from being able to access our website (such as our scanlation site, our doujinshi site, our shopping site, etc.) because of problems with authors stumbling across their work being hosted and asking for it to be removed.

We do that when asked, but we would rather keep it up for everyone to enjoy, since that’s the only way 99.9% of people in fandom can enjoy these pieces—so we’re making it more difficult for authors to realize their work is being shared outside of Japan (since most are very unhappy knowing that non-Japanese people are reading their stuff).

This also helps us keep off the radar of publishing companies who might object to our posting manga scanlations.

The vast majority of our readers come from outside of Japan, so very few people should be affected, and if anyone has been mistakenly blocked, it’s easy enough to add them to the whitelist

Oh, wow.

Also, someone (not OP) wrote this in response to people calling the OP out:

So, I saw you’re reblogging a lot of art…Can you show me where are all your authorizations for all these reblogs? I’m especially concerned about all the obvious Japanese stuff on your blog, because it’s a well known fact that a massive amount of Japanese artists don’t like to even hear about their stuff getting out of Japan, but I’m sure you’ve read all about their mindset before.

I mean, surely, you have asked ALL the original artists of ALL the art you reblog before posting something that isn’t yours to share, right? Because otherwise, that would be a discriminating the right of artists to their own work, and that’s not something you support, is it?

Also, how have you even ever heard of animes like Free! ? I mean, it’s not officially licensed ANYWHERE in the world so far, except in Japan, so that means somehow you must have had access to it… Was it some sort of access through illegal and unauthorised subs, per chance? No, please, do tell, I’m curious. I’m very curious to learn how it’s ok to have people sub stuff illegally so that most of the world can enjoy and talk about these awesome new animes, but then it’s expressively disrespectful to translate completely unauthorised doujinshi. I’m eager to learn your stance on that.

TL;DR : It’s fantastic to see, that every few months, someone gets on their high-horse about “artists rights” and scanlations without having a clue to what they are themselves doing just by being on Tumblr and/or watching subbed anime.

Because reblogging shit is totally the same thing as blacklisting Japanese IPs for the sole purpose of hiding your activities from creators so you can continue doing them.  Seriously, nobody who reblogs art, whether it be official or fanmade, goes as far as blocking an entire country's IP from viewing their blog to hide the fact that they're reblogging art.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:27:17 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #340 on: June 26, 2014, 02:11:45 am »
Sure crazy fans are annoying, everyone is making too big a deal over them.  It's not like they've ever killed someone...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/04/05/56/football-fan-killed-for-not-being-upset-enough-at-loss

Adrian Laroze Briskey,28, is accused of shooting 36-year-old Michelle Shepherd after Alabama State University's football team lost to Auburn University in the Iron Bowl on Saturday, the Clarion Ledger reports.

Both women were Alabama fans and were at a party at a Birmingham apartment to watch the annual showdown between the two sides.

Briskey apparently became enraged when the sisters began joking about the loss, saying it wasn't nearly as bad as when NBA team Miami Heat lost a game.

While investigators are not yet saying if the death was related to the game, Shepherd's sister Nekesa Shepherd, who was also at the party and witnessed the shooting, said there was no doubt about motive.

"She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting," Shepherd told The Associated Press.

...nevermind.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:13:38 am by Skybison »

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #341 on: June 26, 2014, 02:55:39 am »
Sure crazy fans are annoying, everyone is making too big a deal over them.  It's not like they've ever killed someone...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/12/04/05/56/football-fan-killed-for-not-being-upset-enough-at-loss

Adrian Laroze Briskey,28, is accused of shooting 36-year-old Michelle Shepherd after Alabama State University's football team lost to Auburn University in the Iron Bowl on Saturday, the Clarion Ledger reports.

Both women were Alabama fans and were at a party at a Birmingham apartment to watch the annual showdown between the two sides.

Briskey apparently became enraged when the sisters began joking about the loss, saying it wasn't nearly as bad as when NBA team Miami Heat lost a game.

While investigators are not yet saying if the death was related to the game, Shepherd's sister Nekesa Shepherd, who was also at the party and witnessed the shooting, said there was no doubt about motive.

"She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting," Shepherd told The Associated Press.

...nevermind.

Don't you know that college sports is SERIOUS BUSINESS in the South U.S.?

I mean, there have been great wars between the northern Florida tribe and the central Florida reptiles!  I have witnessed them and seen the blood flow in the streets!  With booze!  And sometimes cocaine!

The problem is, that's not much of an exaggeration.
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2014, 07:59:23 pm »
Rewatching now, as an adult, I have even more problems with Bugs specifically related to his dealings with Elmer Fudd. Fudd isn’t Yosemite Sam, he’s not some violent jerk with a hair-trigger temper; he’s a simple worker. Nothing about Elmer Fudd is high status, he’s not handsome or bright or rich or important. He can’t even remember if it’s Rabbit Season or Duck Season, he’s just trying to work the only job he can do. It’s very telling that he’s not a master hunter, he’s not tracking lions or rhinos. He’s tracking ducks and rabbits, because that’s his level. It was also important to me to note that he paid strict attention to what season it was. He wasn’t a horrible, destructive poacher like George C. Scott’s character in The Rescuers Down Under, he sat around patiently waiting for the time when he could legally hunt rabbits and ducks and then acted accordingly.

And he is the villain, according to Looney Tunes law.

That seems very unfair to me. Bugs was always Elmer’s bully. We were supposed to root for Bugs, but he’s the bully. Tormenting the sweet, kind-of-slow guy who talks funny.

Well, when you put it that way, how could Bugs not let Elmer Fudd murder him?  What a cruel bastard.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #343 on: July 21, 2014, 08:58:20 pm »
You have to admit, though, Bugs Bunny...is kind of a douchebag.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #344 on: July 21, 2014, 09:10:11 pm »
You have to admit, though, Bugs Bunny...is kind of a douchebag.

Which is why we watch him to begin with.  Though mostly he's a douchebag to people who deserve it (except in those episode where karma bites HIM in the ass)

Yosemite Sam was invented precisely because they felt Elmer Fudd wasn't enough of a jerk to warrant Bugs Bunny.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet