Author Topic: Woman steals father's home, attempts eviction.  (Read 4290 times)

wrightway

Woman steals father's home, attempts eviction.
« on: June 18, 2013, 02:43:06 pm »
Adding to Ohio's fuckery is this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/world-war-ii-veteran-faces-eviction-ohio-home-article-1.1332235

A woman got power of attorney over her father, and deeded his house to herself. She has decided to evict a 92 year old, world war 2 vet out of the home he's lived in for 56 years because he won't bow to her whims. She plans to sell his home out from under him. His granddaughter has organized a major fundraiser and raised more money than the fair market value of the home. This was posted on the Grandpa John J Potter Facebook page this morning:

We just heard from Tim... Janice and Dean have refused our offer to buy the house. Grandpa's eviction hearing will proceed on June 26 at 1pm at the Vinton County Court House in McArthur Ohio

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Re: Woman steals father's home, attempts eviction.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:55:44 pm »
*screams into her pillow and trashes her apartment*

HOW COULD ANY DAUGHTER DO THAT TO HER 92 YEAR OLD FATHER?!

Jesus fucking Christ, if I was the granddaughter, I would have given my mother such a SMACK! And my step-father a swift kick to the balls! How DARE they force him from a home that HE FUCKING BUILT and lived in for OVER FIFTY YEARS!!!

That poor, poor man. :'(

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 02:57:14 pm »
The advice I've heard about power of attorney is that if you need to give someone power of attorney, instead give it to two (or more) people who have a mutual distrust.

This woman is despicable.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 03:13:09 pm »
Not sayin' it, but it's a possibility that someone reading that news might just freak out and off the bitch. She is going to have to keep an eye on her own back from now on.

(edit; addendum) Oh yeah, almost forgot, I donated to that buy-out fund.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 03:36:33 pm »
If I actually HAD the money, I'd buy the house, and then happily walk up to the old man and say, "Hey there, here's a gift!" and hand him the deed.... and I'd make sure his daughter was right there when I did it.

And I second the thought that there are going to be people out for blood over this. You DON'T treat the elderly like that, ESPECIALLY if it's a member of your own freaking family.

wrightway

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 03:45:36 pm »
Read the comments on the Facebook page. People already are out for the woman's blood. The fact she's still alive is amazing. Added to that, that is a very small community and Mr Potter is well known and liked. No one will buy that house. She can just drown under the property taxes.

I also would not suggest reading the interview with Mrs Cotrill's lawyer unless you want blood pressure of 200/130.

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 03:57:18 pm »
I was debating between the following video and one other:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA8mM1YOHKM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA8mM1YOHKM</a>
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 04:46:46 pm »
....we had this fucking topic.  There was a bunch of people who ended up basically buying the house for the guy.

Ironbite-I'm pretty sure we did have it here....right?

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 04:54:41 pm »
Yeah, but consider this an update. The daughter and son-in-law only just refused the buy out offer, and the old man may be ousted in just a few days.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »
Well, someone needs a planet shoved up her ass. That or she already has one up there, which would explain her being such a cuntface.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 08:12:50 pm »
That is just fucked.  I have nothing else to say about this.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 01:04:10 am »
It's gonna be a free for all outside that courthouse. This is trending up a lot on the webbies.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 05:42:45 am »
What a sociopathic cunt, no normal person with an ounce of empathy would do that to any 92 year old, let alone their own father.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 10:21:03 am »
Is it too much to hope that this gets tossed by the judge since they tipped their hand and publicly announced that this is an attempt at an end run around an ongoing and unrelated legal dispute over visitation of the son/brother?

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 10:44:25 am »
Even without having come across any details about the visitation rights battle in re the severely autistic son/brother that the old man and his late wife took care of at home for decades, Cotrill's actions speak as to what it likely was about;

Autistic son/brother probably reacts negatively to his sister's presence. Old dad asks her to stay away for the son's sake. Son is now in care outside the home. Bitch wanted access to her childhood torture victim back? Wouldn't put that past her, after seeing what she is doing in this revengeful, control freak tantrum to the old man, ya know?