Author Topic: Friends of FSTDT section  (Read 9355 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Friends of FSTDT section
« on: August 24, 2013, 12:09:29 am »
Do you think there's any chance this forum could be linked to there? It would be a good way of bringing in more like minded members as well as having a connection to FSTDT without being the "official" forum.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Friends of FSTDT section
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 12:12:30 am »
Do you think there's any chance this forum could be linked to there? It would be a good way of bringing in more like minded members as well as having a connection to FSTDT without being the "official" forum.

I suggested that this might have been a possibility before everyone ganged up on Distind and dragged him through the mud just before the split (and especially with all the crap that was posted right after he announced the split), but I doubt we can get there now.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:34:46 am »
There's a notice and a link to this board in the Site Updates page, but yeah, right now I think that's probably all we can get.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 02:47:10 pm »
Distind was against it even before we started piling up on him.  Hell, I think that set a few people off.  He does not want anything to do with us at all.

Ironbite-besides...new people are overrated.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 04:43:57 pm »
Distind was against it even before we started piling up on him.  Hell, I think that set a few people off.  He does not want anything to do with us at all.

Ironbite-besides...new people are overrated.

Mhm, like I said before, it sounded like Distind had made up his mind before he even posted that he was closing the forum down and forcing us to move.  He bloody well deserved the reaming he got, and he's such a prissy little bitch that I highly doubt he'd so much as give us the time of day.

But, we shall adapt.  We've got the potential, at the very least.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

wrightway

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 01:50:26 am »
Huh. I got a PM from Distind along the lines of he's considering it if this forum has its own mainpage. Maybe he's changed his mind since then?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 01:59:01 am »
Mayhaps.  Here's hoping.  New people not coming in will be detrimental in the long run.  As more of us get 'lives' or lose interest, the forums will slowly but surely die.  I've seen it happen several times on several boards.  Boards that before were quite active even.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 06:30:56 pm »
Huh. I got a PM from Distind along the lines of he's considering it if this forum has its own mainpage. Maybe he's changed his mind since then?

Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.  His little hissy fit has destroyed any confidence I had in him.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 04:24:07 am »
You know what? I don't want us to be linked to that bitch anyhow. He's a transphobic dickwagon. How about we focus on places like RationalWiki and making ourselves a TvTropes page and entry pimping ourselves?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 08:14:42 pm »
You know what? I don't want us to be linked to that bitch anyhow. He's a transphobic dickwagon. How about we focus on places like RationalWiki and making ourselves a TvTropes page and entry pimping ourselves?

RationalWiki would probably be the better of the two.  TVTropes can, occasionally, attract...unsavoury characters a la Chagen in greater numbers than we'd get, in my opinion, with a place like RationalWiki.  The occasional dickhead to bat around like a ball of yarn is fun, but one can have too much of a good thing.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 08:24:49 pm »

RationalWiki would probably be the better of the two.  TVTropes can, occasionally, attract...unsavoury characters a la Chagen in greater numbers than we'd get, in my opinion, with a place like RationalWiki.  The occasional dickhead to bat around like a ball of yarn is fun, but one can have too much of a good thing.
True, but it's also bigger exposure.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 03:45:39 am »

Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.  His little hissy fit has destroyed any confidence I had in him.

If he did, it's probably for some stupid reason, like he realized that the main pagers don't really give a shit about him, & all of the suggestions for improving his little project came from us.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I even want to read the main page anymore.

On the subject of TV Tropes, most things of sufficient notoriety will have a TV Tropes page. FSTDT had one. It's not like, if you have a TV Tropes page, you're intimately linked to the community. You also don't have to be "affiliated" with it. As far as that goes, Rational Wiki would definitely be a good idea.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 12:31:26 pm »
the FSTDT page on TvTropes is/was almost entirely focused on the main page.

And in theory, "There is no such thing as notability" on TVTropes, if we want a page, all we have to do is create one, though I think that should probably wait until we have something besides forum discussion to show off.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 01:59:06 pm »
Plus a TVTropes page for the forum would have a high potential for passive-aggressive edits.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 10:00:45 pm »

If he did, it's probably for some stupid reason, like he realized that the main pagers don't really give a shit about him, & all of the suggestions for improving his little project came from us.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I even want to read the main page anymore.
Which is too bad because I've always enjoyed it, and I still submit quotes there.