Author Topic: #WhyIStayed: How abuse victims rationalized their situations  (Read 3707 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: #WhyIStayed: How abuse victims rationalized their situations
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 07:31:20 pm »
I cringed so badly at the Digiorno thing.
Cracked had something on a company that made a mistake like that with #Aurora.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 07:49:58 pm »
Ok am I bad for laughing at the the pizza thing? Because that was funny, though I am glad that DiGiorno apologized for their mistake, I'm pretty sure that they didn't know initially what the hashtag was for or that they had a bot that advertises on trending hashtags.

Back on topic, my sister stayed with an abusive man for 7-8 years before finally getting rid of him and she still struggles with the impact of it. She isn't in any kind of therapy but there are things that slip out that shows that her self esteem and confidence were trashed. My late mother was married to a mentally, emotionally and verbally abusive alcoholic for 22 years, often my mom would call me up during a fight and put me in the middle of it and it was something I didn't want.

Shit like this is why I'm reminded that I'd rather be alone and a virgin than wanting to be with someone. I don't think I could handle relationships like this.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 01:00:51 am »
As much as I hate to continue dragging a discussion off-topic, that tweet just shows how pathetic corporation Twitters are. They just take a single trending hashtag and tweet about it to appeal to the lowest common denominator. The good news is that DiGiorno realized they missed the point and apologized, something that is hard for several big-name people (*coughJonTroncough*).

And then there was the time Nature Valley posted Photoshops of anime screencaps (notably Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and K-On) with featured characters holding their products... eeugh.