Author Topic: Get ready for another financial crash  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Get ready for another financial crash
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:54:00 pm »
US Congress passes contentious $1.1tn budget

It's on its way to the President. Democrats didn't have enough backbone (surprise!) to remove the lines that gutted the most important parts of Dodd-Frank and essentially provided FDIC backing to Wall Street gambling.

Strap yourselves in; we're headed for exactly the same kind of financial crash we had before. Well, maybe not the same -- this time we'll be in deeper shit because only a fraction of the population pocketed the gains from the last "recovery".
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Get ready for another financial crash
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:04:36 pm »
Oh ass.

Just what we need.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 02:05:57 pm »
It's at times like this that I'm glad I work in a second-hand warehouse in California. The worse things get, the better I will be.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 02:09:14 pm »
Isn't the congress shutting down the US goverment again as well? Or at least threatening to do it?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 02:14:07 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 02:39:03 pm »
As long as a few white men still make obscene amounts of profit I think we'll all be fine!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 02:55:20 pm »
You guys might wanna start learning how to kill people, you might need to know how when the daily war for resources starts.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 03:22:00 pm »
You guys might wanna start learning how to kill people, you might need to know how when the daily war for resources starts.
...Or maybe they could learn how to finance, sustainable economics, democracy and backbone and they won't end up in resource wars?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 03:36:25 pm »
...Or maybe they could learn how to finance, sustainable economics, democracy and backbone and they won't end up in resource wars?
So what you're saying is that we should invade some random country?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 03:38:30 pm »
Canada!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 03:39:44 pm »
Unsurprisingly, this angered many liberal Democrats - and even conservative Tea Party members - who saw it as a dirty play by Wall Street to force a Congress desperately in need of passing a spending bill into doing the banks' bidding.

Wow, even the Tea Party's pissed at this!  You know it's bad when both sides think it's stupid.

Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 03:50:21 pm »
Unsurprisingly, this angered many liberal Democrats - and even conservative Tea Party members - who saw it as a dirty play by Wall Street to force a Congress desperately in need of passing a spending bill into doing the banks' bidding.

Wow, even the Tea Party's pissed at this!  You know it's bad when both sides think it's stupid.

When you say "both sides" it reveals part of the problem. This is a complicated matter but when people divide everything into "us and them" or otherwise try to see everything as two separate camps you are not only oversimplifying things but also ignoring people in other groups who would agree with you on some matters. Tea party doesn't agree with the Republicans on this subject but they can't leave the party because it would cripple them and they won't join the Democrats because they disagree on several other subjects.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 03:51:03 pm »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 03:53:26 pm »

When you say "both sides" it reveals part of the problem. This is a complicated matter but when people divide everything into "us and them" or otherwise try to see everything as two separate camps you are not only oversimplifying things but also ignoring people in other groups who would agree with you on some matters. Tea party doesn't agree with the Republicans on this subject but they can't leave the party because it would cripple them and they won't join the Democrats because they disagree on several other subjects.

Oh I agree.  It'd be nice if people would stop looking at ideas as liberal and conservative and instead look at them as smart or $^%@#$#% stupid. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 03:59:05 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.