Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 274254 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2016, 04:08:40 pm »
(click to show/hide)

...I have no words.

...Do they think this is pro-muslim or anti-muslim propaganda? I don't have enough tinfoil in my hat for this kind of bullshit.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2016, 10:30:18 pm »
So women can run around naked with "Doesn't Mean Rape Me" across their chest but a man can't show his dick? The hypocrisy.
About a guy exposing himself at an anti-rape rally.

These assholes care more about "sticking it to bitching women" than actual issues.  He didn't even bring up an actual problem, like men getting thrown on the sex-offender registry for drunkenly urinating in public.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2016, 02:04:57 am »
So women can run around naked with "Doesn't Mean Rape Me" across their chest but a man can't show his dick? The hypocrisy.

Well... Women also expose themselves at some anti-rape rallies...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2016, 02:42:33 am »
I expose myself pretty much everywhere.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2016, 04:59:06 am »
There was an article about cultural appropriation in Finnish. One of the things that was complained about was that a WHITE person wrote a story that had Jewish people and other racialized* people. Because it is cultural appropriation to write about people who aren't from the same ethnic group as you are and double bad when it is done by a white writer who therefore is oppressing people. The writer also complained that the book had a bit of text written in Hebrew but it was TRANSLATED later into Finnish. This was a horrible crime because to the it meant that "people who understand both Hebrew and Finnish" aren't considered a good enough target group for writing a book only for them... They also complained that being a Jewish person who suffered from anorexia (like the main character of the book) it is horrible that a white person turns this very interesting character into a tool of oppression by writing about it even though they are a white Finn.

*Apparently the term comes from the fact that "human races" do not exist and those are a tool of oppression that was created by the WHITE people (and because you gotta have hypocrisy white people are always referred to as a separate race.) and therefore "racialized" (rodullistettu in Finnish) is used as a term much like "Persons of Colour" is used by SJWs from USA.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2016, 06:47:06 am »
*Apparently the term comes from the fact that "human races" do not exist and those are a tool of oppression that was created by the WHITE people (and because you gotta have hypocrisy white people are always referred to as a separate race.) and therefore "racialized" (rodullistettu in Finnish) is used as a term much like "Persons of Colour" is used by SJWs from USA.
Huh? I was under the impression that rodullistettu/racialized means that the people see a person of a different ethnicity more as a representative of their "race" than as an individual. Then again, I've only encountered the term a couple of times and that's the way I interpreted the meaning from the context, not an actual definition.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2016, 07:33:59 am »
That was how it was explained to me but getting a definition is not easy because asking questions is a bannable offense in feminist groups. "What did I do wrong?" *permaban* "It's not our job to educate you. You should have known what you did."

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2016, 08:05:55 am »
Hmm... Parsing through the explanation given to you it is pretty much a more radical way of expressing the interpretation I made.

As a side note: I once read an opinion by a Finnish geneticist who claimed that if you want to divide humans into races as defined in genetics you'd actually get several racial groups inside Africa and all the people outside Africa would be a single race. Besides sounding logical due to our species being from Africa I have no idea how accurate this actually is, though.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2016, 08:49:21 am »
I've heard the same story. Another fun fact, genetically speaking the closest ethnic group to the Saami are Berbers. Who live in Africa.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2016, 04:03:11 pm »

1. Women show there nipples at anti rape rallies, the point being to de-Sexualize female mammaries as well as to make a statement about consent
2. It's not common practice for people to blame guys for getting raped because they had a prominent crotch bulge
3. The guy was clearly attempting to harass the women, not make a political statement.

Gotta say, your second statement is... pretty ignorant.  There is victim-blaming regarding male rape, mostly using the "logic" of "he had an erection, he must've wanted it."

Also, I'd like a link to the event.

Even Then

« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2016, 04:18:31 pm »
Except Lizard didn't say "male rape victims never get victimblamed", they said "male rape victims don't commonly get victimblamed for dressing in a specific way".

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2016, 04:59:01 pm »
Gotta say, your second statement is... pretty ignorant.

Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2016, 05:05:23 pm »

1. Women show there nipples at anti rape rallies, the point being to de-Sexualize female mammaries as well as to make a statement about consent
2. It's not common practice for people to blame guys for getting raped because they had a prominent crotch bulge
3. The guy was clearly attempting to harass the women, not make a political statement.

Gotta say, your second statement is... pretty ignorant.  There is victim-blaming regarding male rape, mostly using the "logic" of "he had an erection, he must've wanted it."

There is no such thing as victim-blaming men for dressing too provocatively, which is what Lizard was talking about.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2016, 05:14:37 pm »

There is no such thing as victim-blaming men for dressing too provocatively, which is what Lizard was talking about.

"No such thing?"  Yeah, I'm sure it's a lot rarer, but I seriously doubt that it never happens.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2016, 05:20:47 pm »
Oh great let's parse that one down to the electron scan micro scale...
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.