Author Topic: Best of Social Justice- Redux  (Read 30238 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Best of Social Justice- Redux
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 03:23:01 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I laughed at the comments.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 04:52:54 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxaPt_4ANk4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxaPt_4ANk4</a>

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 04:55:09 pm »
This youtube response to some article '10 signs your mental illness is made up for attention'. 

The author of the article fails to realize that some of the behaviors he describes (such as not calling someone back) are real symptoms of things like depression and anxiety.  Toward the end of the article, he goes into bashing the mentally ill for not trying hard enough to get better.  What a douche.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:17:20 pm by rageaholic »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 10:05:33 am »
As someone with a crippling fear of using public restrooms, let me just say that these laws are absolutely fucking terrible. Being forced to use the bathroom is public is a terrible enough experience on its own without being hounded about your gender identity. Say you really need to piss but all the stalls are taken. Not only do you have to stand there and hold it in, but you and have to listen to a bunch of people you don’t know voiding their bowels and bladders. Sometimes when they’re done they don’t even both to wipe the seat or flush. They just leave the crap sitting in the stall, rendering it unusable.

Why make the process more embarrassing and gross than it already is by default?

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 04:49:21 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxaPt_4ANk4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxaPt_4ANk4</a>

How is this BS in any way the best of anything?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

pyro

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 02:20:55 am »
(click to show/hide)

I ... am extremely tempted to repost this thing on FSTDT. It's probably the funniest thing you've posted in all the time I've been here.  :)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 03:34:30 am »
Don't be mean that's probably Conty's video. I see your mum let you decorate your room. Or did she let you use the camera in another part of the house.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 08:57:36 am »
What these people need to understand is that transgender is not itself a gender. You still are either male or female, just, due to an accident of biochemistry, your body didn't get the memo.

People like Captain Safetypin who turn themselves into mix and match sideshow freaks aren't transgender, it's not about being the opposite sex, it's about being special, and being as weird and as in your face about it as possible to deliberately freak other people out, so you can then get victim points and get on your high horse about how they're oppressing you.

Even Then

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2016, 04:52:20 pm »
Context? Because outside of it (and possibly even within it), that's sounding uncomfortably like:

"Nonbinary genders and/or nonbinary gender presentation are Freakshows, and the people who openly express themselves in such a manner are deliberately putting them on for you, Cis Reader. Because the notion of them actually living their truths is offensively impossible."

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 05:26:39 pm »
And you can identify with a particular gender but express it in a non-standard way.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 05:28:39 pm »
What these people need to understand is that transgender is not itself a gender. You still are either male or female, just, due to an accident of biochemistry, your body didn't get the memo.

People like Captain Safetypin who turn themselves into mix and match sideshow freaks aren't transgender, it's not about being the opposite sex, it's about being special, and being as weird and as in your face about it as possible to deliberately freak other people out, so you can then get victim points and get on your high horse about how they're oppressing you.

You sure you wanted to put that here and not on [Not-Good] Things People Say on the Internet?

The nameless source sounds like a raging transphobe to me.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 06:02:21 pm »
Context? Because outside of it (and possibly even within it), that's sounding uncomfortably like:

"Nonbinary genders and/or nonbinary gender presentation are Freakshows, and the people who openly express themselves in such a manner are deliberately putting them on for you, Cis Reader. Because the notion of them actually living their truths is offensively impossible."

They're talking about "transtrenders."

Even Then

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 06:14:29 pm »
Do you mean "cis people pretending to be transgender for... some reason" transtrenders or "noncis people who experience their gender in a way that does not fall into a gender binary and aren't closeted about it" transtrenders? Because calling the latter kind "transtrenders" is skeevy as nobs.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2016, 06:32:45 pm »
Do you mean "cis people pretending to be transgender for... some reason" transtrenders or "noncis people who experience their gender in a way that does not fall into a gender binary and aren't closeted about it" transtrenders? Because calling the latter kind "transtrenders" is skeevy as nobs.

The former.