Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 395209 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1815 on: October 16, 2017, 04:23:50 pm »
Apparently Trump loves to mock Mike Pence for his Fundie views, ridiculing him and comparing him to the Taliban for "wanting to hang gays" and making fun of his plans to overturn roe vs wade since "blue states will just make it legal on their own."

Stopped clocks and all.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1816 on: October 16, 2017, 05:39:13 pm »
Being realistic for once, Donald Trump, ladies and gentlemen!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1817 on: October 16, 2017, 06:23:15 pm »
Apparently Trump loves to mock Mike Pence for his Fundie views, ridiculing him and comparing him to the Taliban for "wanting to hang gays" and making fun of his plans to overturn roe vs wade since "blue states will just make it legal on their own."

Stopped clocks and all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Showerthoughts/comments/59teyc/a_stopped_clock_will_be_right_twice_a_day_but_a/

More like clocks that lose a second every year.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1818 on: October 16, 2017, 06:26:19 pm »
I am reminded of stories of Hitler making fun of Himmler for being a weird nerd with esoteric beliefs.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1819 on: October 17, 2017, 05:50:09 pm »
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/23/the-danger-of-president-pence

Read this... now do you really want Pence over Trump?
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1820 on: October 18, 2017, 12:53:24 am »
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/23/the-danger-of-president-pence

Read this... now do you really want Pence over Trump?
I dunno, has anybody hear voiced that preference? Pence is probably more dangerous as Trump's a wanna be dictator that's too shambolic to get shit done whereas Pence is a Christian dominionist and Koch operative who isn't.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1821 on: October 18, 2017, 01:27:51 am »
a) Pence is 99.9% less likely to start a war just because someone dared him.

b) Pence has experience in politics and is more likely to actually accomplish things.

c) Pence would not have similar chaotic government where people are getting fired after 11 days on the job.

Sure, there's a high chance that he tries to push for fundie laws and Pence-care and whatnot, but that's nothing new. Trump is pushing laws like that already. Sure, he might accomplish more but even now it's clear that the GOP is running their own show with Trump as a figurehead. (They are doing it poorly as can be seen from their inability to pass laws, but still.)

EDIT: Hey, remember how Reddit has The_Donald subreddit filled with russian bots most fanatical Trump supporters?

A "funny" thing happened:

http://theralphretort.com/ralph-retort-statement-lane-davis/
https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrumpSpam/comments/770awy/protrump_redditor_and_youtuber_useattle4truth/
https://www.goskagit.com/news/man-pleads-not-guilty-in-father-s-stabbing-death/article_479b3b6f-88d4-502d-ae77-ff5f098fb511.html

To be fair, he was also interested in "ethics in gaming journalism" being an active member of GamerGate. But yes, T_D mods removed all of his comments from the subreddit so that they could pretend he isn't one of them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:13:18 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1822 on: October 18, 2017, 03:38:42 am »
Correction, hegot kicked out of KiA, not sure how other GG groups felt about him.

EDIT: Nope, KiA is retconning as well.  He was active with them and GG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/comments/3f9el9/tw_gendered_and_racist_slurs_gamergate_supporter/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:04:44 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1823 on: October 18, 2017, 04:19:40 am »
a) Pence is 99.9% less likely to start a war just because someone dared him.

b) Pence has experience in politics and is more likely to actually accomplish things.

c) Pence would not have similar chaotic government where people are getting fired after 11 days on the job.

Sure, there's a high chance that he tries to push for fundie laws and Pence-care and whatnot, but that's nothing new. Trump is pushing laws like that already. Sure, he might accomplish more but even now it's clear that the GOP is running their own show with Trump as a figurehead. (They are doing it poorly as can be seen from their inability to pass laws, but still.)

As long as the Republicans control both the House and the Senate b) and c) are still serious negatives compared to Trump. On the other hand, the more stressed and unpredictable Trump gets the more important a) becomes.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1824 on: October 18, 2017, 04:33:48 am »
I'm gonna be selfish here and admit that I am more worried about a global war than horrible laws in USA.

The latter can be undone after the next election while damage from nukes is a bit more troublesome.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1825 on: October 18, 2017, 04:43:32 am »
I'm gonna be selfish here and admit that I am more worried about a global war than horrible laws in USA.

The latter can be undone after the next election while damage from nukes is a bit more troublesome.

Horrible laws in the USA --> massive rise in global average temperature --> world is possibly fucked even harder than it would be with a global nuclear war.

Granted, you'd get that with any Republican, which is why GOP delenda est.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1826 on: October 18, 2017, 05:04:31 am »

According to a leak the Secretary of Defense is considering "tackling" Trump if he tries to launch a nuclear strike. I think the inner circle is well aware of Trump's instability and would at least think twice letting him do that. I am not so much afraid of Trump starting a nuclear war as I am afraid that he starts a conventional one and/or spreads instability that leads to a war or wars in the future. This is still so bad a situation that I, too, would rather take Pence as a president.

I just wanted to point out that the main reason the Republicans have not been able to do more damage is Trump's political incompetence. If it had been Pence who was pushing through the same agendas we would be in a much worse situation right now. The leaks just point out that Trump is getting more and more unbalanced which changes the equation towards getting rid of him being the less shitty option.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1827 on: October 18, 2017, 11:52:40 pm »
Hey remember that Scaramucci guy who was in the white house for ten days?  Ever wondered what he's been up to lately?

The answer is polling his audience abut whether or not the holocaust happened.  https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/scaramucci-post-holocaust-poll

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1828 on: October 19, 2017, 02:39:37 am »
I was wondering why would Trumpettes quote Vox Day, but it turns out that he is a Trumpette as well. https://redice.tv/news/vox-day-of-gamergate-why-i-support-donald-trump

Gee, I wonder if he feels stupid now?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1829 on: October 19, 2017, 05:47:13 am »

That possibility will still be there, though it will be reduced if Trump goes. The battle lines that were there during the Cold War are solidifying again only this time everyone admits it's all about national interest and resources and has nothing to do with ideology.