Author Topic: The Atheist should self censor.  (Read 45590 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: The Atheist should self censor.
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2013, 09:17:30 am »
Hitler was obsessed with astrology, IIRC.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2013, 02:56:43 pm »
Because sadly I have nothing better to do. I sat down and read this thread from page 1 to 13 right now. We went from talking about the history of the CofE to Hitler. Ladies and gentlemen, we have become the H channel.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2013, 03:21:06 pm »
The Hentai channel?

Oh, wait you mean the History channel...

Huge difference.

Welp, since we might as well get started:

Evidence for or against God?

I mean, that movie is such a classic and someone could make the argument that all those people involved were born with the purpose of collaborating on this amazing movie. And Sigourney Weaver, one of the greatest actors ever to grace Hollywood with her presence... And she sure has precence. When she walks into the scene with her long, beautiful legs... Mmmmm... Those legs that seem to go on forever...

Wait, where was I going with this argument?

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #183 on: March 04, 2013, 04:04:36 pm »
Clearly "god" is a race of 9 foot tall ripped albinos that want us dead. Duh.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2013, 11:24:38 am »
Because sadly I have nothing better to do. I sat down and read this thread from page 1 to 13 right now. We went from talking about the history of the CofE to Hitler. Ladies and gentlemen, we have become the H channel.

EDIT: And what the FUCK does any of this have to do with self-censorship?!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2013, 11:58:54 am »

That would explain a lot. That is why God in the old testament is so angry. They want us dead, so they made up all those laws and commandments and wanted to make us wipe out ourselves. It also explains why bible has so many inconsistencies, "God" is a whole species of homicidal aliens so they were bound to have some mixups.

Jesus was probably the only decent fellow in the species. Maybe he was so short that the others bullied him so he came to earth to try to help us and maybe make us a bit nicer.

Then we nailed him into a tree.

In fact it could be that albino alien Jesus is the reason why people keep portraying him as a white guy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2013, 12:22:06 pm »
I've actually seen a poster advertising a Jehovah's Witness service that showed Jesus as an albino. White skin and hair, pink eyes, the works.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2013, 01:24:48 pm »

That would explain a lot. That is why God in the old testament is so angry. They want us dead, so they made up all those laws and commandments and wanted to make us wipe out ourselves. It also explains why bible has so many inconsistencies, "God" is a whole species of homicidal aliens so they were bound to have some mixups.

Jesus was probably the only decent fellow in the species. Maybe he was so short that the others bullied him so he came to earth to try to help us and maybe make us a bit nicer.

In fact it could be that albino alien Jesus is the reason why people keep portraying him as a white guy.
That's actually hinted at in Prometheus. It was about 2,000 years ago that the Engineers decided they didn't like us anymore. Maybe because Jesus was a human-Engineer hybrid sent to teach us not to be such pricks, and we killed him.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2013, 03:28:08 pm »

That's actually hinted at in Prometheus. It was about 2,000 years ago that the Engineers decided they didn't like us anymore. Maybe because Jesus was a human-Engineer hybrid sent to teach us not to be such pricks, and we killed him.

My God! It all fits!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2013, 03:01:03 am »
askold: So, who wants to be high priest of the Cult of the Albino Swissmen?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2013, 03:19:44 am »

Didn't we just agree that they are going to kill us all? Why on earth would you want to worship them?

I mean it's not like they are Cthulhu or Nyarlahotep or something.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2013, 08:57:48 am »

Didn't we just agree that they are going to kill us all? Why on earth would you want to worship them?

But they MIGHT be! It never hurts to try! If nothing else, we'll all be conveniently gathered in a single place, so they can kill us first and let us avoid watching the suffering of our loved ones!
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2013, 09:52:46 am »

Because if they are indeed the supreme deities of this universe, you'll be glad you're worshiping them. If you're not worshiping them, and they turn out to be supreme deities, they'll send you to Matawan, New Jersey for eternity. You don't want to live in New Jersey for eternity.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2013, 08:33:10 pm »
Religious people and so-called "true-believers" residing in secular countries are always very vocal and very keen to destroy the foundations of that society, I have noticed.

Despite the liberties granted to them magnanimously by secular society, they nevertheless refuse to reciprocate this kindness and instead seek laws and conventions designed to limit the rights of non-believers to live the way they choose.

Religion produces nothing but demands everything, a comparatively TINY minority of fundamentalist think it right that the majority of people in a secular nation conform entirely to an fundamentalist way of doing things, all the while refusing to acknowledge that all of the freedoms they enjoy and abuse stem from the laws and people they hate so much.

An fundamentalist society is an authoritarian horror and a police state, and yet this is what the true-believer movement would have us emulate.  This MUST NOT be allowed to happen.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2013, 08:44:44 pm »
Same reason you worship Cthulhu: so you'll be the first to be eaten, and thus not have to suffer long from being in their presence.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!