Author Topic: Off-Duty Cop stops another Aurora, CO Shooting  (Read 9944 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Off-Duty Cop stops another Aurora, CO Shooting
« on: December 30, 2012, 09:05:45 pm »
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Two-wounded-in-theater-shooting-4122668.php#ixzz2GOP72zBX

A recent breakup set off a shooting spree that ended with the suspect wounding a man at the Santikos Mayan Palace 14 movie theater Sunday night before being shot by an off-duty deputy, authorities said. Police are shown questioning men outside the theater Sunday night.. Jesus Manuel Garcia, 19, an employee at a nearby China Garden restaurant, apparently became upset Sunday night after his girlfriend broke up with him.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Re: Off-Duty Cop stops another Aurora, CO Shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 10:28:39 pm »
Fuck, man. You get upset over your girl breaking up with you, you talk it out with your buds. Maybe order out a pizza, take it out on a video game, or something. But shooting up people, especially where there was a similar shooting not that long ago?

Some say he got off light, but I beg to differ. This moron is about to find out that hell truly is other people. *sighs*What an IDIOT.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 10:43:56 pm »
Fuck, man. You get upset over your girl breaking up with you, you talk it out with your buds. Maybe order out a pizza, take it out on a video game, or something. But shooting up people, especially where there was a similar shooting not that long ago?

Some say he got off light, but I beg to differ. This moron is about to find out that hell truly is other people. *sighs*What an IDIOT.

Silly, don't you know that's for pussys. In America, shooting up people is the answer.
This is the overall problem, we don't communicate with each other, because it's seen as being "weak', which leads to some jackass shooting up a mall,school, or whatnot.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 10:47:39 pm »
So the guy's name is Jesus. You know, there's a Christianity joke in there somewhere, I just don't yet know what it is.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 11:15:05 pm »
So the guy's name is Jesus. You know, there's a Christianity joke in there somewhere, I just don't yet know what it is.

Well, it'd be pronounced "Hey-soos" (roughly), so maybe there's also a Greek myth joke?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Saturn500

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 11:18:53 pm »
Well, it'd be pronounced "Hey-soos" (roughly), so maybe there's also a Greek myth joke?
Or a Dr. Seuss joke.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 12:27:54 am »
This is what happens when you over publicise a shooting etc.  You get copy cats

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 12:43:13 am »

Silly, don't you know that's for pussys. In America, shooting up people is the answer.
This is the overall problem, we don't communicate with each other, because it's seen as being "weak', which leads to some jackass shooting up a mall,school, or whatnot.

I can't agree with this enough.  We've become a nation where we'd rather beat the shit out of each other before we talk it out.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 01:19:25 am »

The irony is the national media didn't publicize this one.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 01:21:10 am »

The irony is the national media didn't publicize this one.

Nobody died.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 01:21:56 am »
Not the only reason but I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

&

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 01:31:49 am »

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sw--- I mean, gun."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:37:23 am by Alkaline »
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 11:42:14 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jn_qUXtMk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jn_qUXtMk</a>  Basically I noticed with Colorado shooter they did all this and then we had copy cats.  Not just this but someone in NYC tried to bring a gun to a Dark Knight Rises screening

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 02:09:13 am »
I've seen gun nuts claim that this wasn't on national headlines because it could be seen as pro-gun... despite the fact that this is ideal circumstances for someone to stop a shooting in this manner. Most cases, things happen far too quickly and the shooter is far too prepared for anyone to react in such a way and generally people reacting in this way simply leads to more chaos. No, I'm going to have to agree with those saying it didn't make national headlines because no one was killed because, speaking as a journalism student, the American news media is interested almost entirely in ratings, not informing the people. Most news stations are going to see a failed attempt to do a copycat shooting and think "Well, we can't get any extra ratings off this, keep it local," while their reaction to a successful shooting is to tap into people's emotions and fears.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:12:17 am by Wolf Lord Waldorf X »
Who needs a signature?

Offline Atheissimo

• Bishop
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 09:15:50 am »
I've seen gun nuts claim that this wasn't on national headlines because it could be seen as pro-gun...

You'd really have to be grasping at straws to see this as 'pro-gun'. Yeah, the guy was stopped by the off-duty cop with a gun, but not before he'd injured two people. That could easily have been two people killed, three if the cop had killed the shooter.

And that's supposed to be a success story?
'You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched Star Trek? Good Lord.' - Sir Patrick Stewart