Author Topic: European Migrant and Refugee Discussion Thread  (Read 9174 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: European Migrant and Refugee Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2016, 05:20:38 pm »
Add me to Queen, UP and Davedan's agreement. The refugees are human - some are asses, some are good. To ignore reality for your feefees on the subject is puerile and disgusting.

The latest from Denmark is just lamentable. Godwin's law died with Trump's campaign, and now all of this...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2016, 07:22:12 pm »
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/420a9b5e-b946-11e5-a7cc-280dfe875e28.html#axzz3yKlSGNvD

Denmark is planning a law which would allow the government to confisgate all valuables (except those of sentimental value and a small minimum sum of money) from refugees... Apparently the money gained by this would be used to cover the expenses that come from helping the refugees. Apart from being a horrible and inhuman process I doubt it could actually create profits since most refugees are poor. And it would put the refugees in even worse position as even the ones with enough cash to start a new life would be reduced to poverty.

...Also since, at least in Finland, one of the major points in our constitution is that laws are the same for everyone shouldn't this mean that anyone who applies for assistance from government should have all their property and belongings seized?
Yeah, Amy valuables would have probably been used to pay for transport or bribe border guards.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2016, 06:45:33 pm »
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/420a9b5e-b946-11e5-a7cc-280dfe875e28.html#axzz3yKlSGNvD

Denmark is planning a law which would allow the government to confisgate all valuables (except those of sentimental value and a small minimum sum of money) from refugees... Apparently the money gained by this would be used to cover the expenses that come from helping the refugees. Apart from being a horrible and inhuman process I doubt it could actually create profits since most refugees are poor. And it would put the refugees in even worse position as even the ones with enough cash to start a new life would be reduced to poverty.

...Also since, at least in Finland, one of the major points in our constitution is that laws are the same for everyone shouldn't this mean that anyone who applies for assistance from government should have all their property and belongings seized?

Half of every generation has to convince the other half that gas chambers are not a solution to their own paranoia and greed. Sometimes, as in Denmark, good does not triumph.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2016, 07:02:36 pm »
I guess the Danes figure they're allowed to do this, since they saved their Jews during World War II.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2016, 09:10:57 pm »
The collective memory of frightened xenophobes barely goes back five minutes let alone seven decades.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »
The Finnish Lutheran Church tweeted that "If there is a place that is not the right place for the cross and other christian symbols, it is a racist protest."

This was done because the "Close the borders" group had a anti-immigration/refugee protest where they carried a large cross. Now that group is threatening to sue the church for libel...

You know, despite how some of us here feel about religions, the Finnish churches have done a lot of good. Even my pagan friends are now talking about how they like this message (then again, the church has been talking about christian values and hospitality regarding the refugees for a while now) and how the church has helped them in other ways as well. (Not that they'd all be perfect. Plenty of the anti-refugee group members are LOUD AND PROUD Christians but most folks like that are leaving, or have left the church because they oppose a christian church that approves of LGBT minorities and refugees.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2016, 04:52:18 pm »
The Finnish Lutheran Church tweeted that "If there is a place that is not the right place for the cross and other christian symbols, it is a racist protest."

This was done because the "Close the borders" group had a anti-immigration/refugee protest where they carried a large cross. Now that group is threatening to sue the church for libel...

You know, despite how some of us here feel about religions, the Finnish churches have done a lot of good. Even my pagan friends are now talking about how they like this message (then again, the church has been talking about christian values and hospitality regarding the refugees for a while now) and how the church has helped them in other ways as well. (Not that they'd all be perfect. Plenty of the anti-refugee group members are LOUD AND PROUD Christians but most folks like that are leaving, or have left the church because they oppose a christian church that approves of LGBT minorities and refugees.)

Why does Finland sound so much like some parts of the American South at times?

...Well, the only difference is that in the South, the Church is on the side of the racists.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2016, 05:07:33 pm »
Well, I still think these morons are in the minority, despite what they believe. Every time there are protests the anti-racism protests get a lot more people into the streets. ...Unfortunately a small but vocal bunch of anarchists is on the anti-racism side and their antics usually cause more damage than good.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »
Now police has published their crime statistics from last year. Since the streets are not safe for (white) women anymore without definitely-not-racist street patrols organized by a neo-nazi group a large percentage of the refugees must be rapists.

0,08% of the refugees are suspects in rape cases. Oops.

The most common crime committed by a refugee seems to be assault and battery mainly due to frequent fights between refugees in the reception centers. I wonder if these street patrols are going to volunteer to help prevent these fights since they are so worried about violent crime.

Edit:
Oh, and one of the reception centers and the town of Mikkeli had an experiment: they had five young adult refugees assisting in a local day care center as volunteers. All the people involved were happy with the results and the plan was to build on the success and expand the program to help with the integration of the refugees. Then the project hit the national news. Cue a racist shitstorm that caused the town to cancel the project to "maintain the trust" between the homes and the day care centers.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:22:04 pm by SCarpelan »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2016, 09:15:10 pm »
Well, I still think these morons are in the minority, despite what they believe. Every time there are protests the anti-racism protests get a lot more people into the streets. ...Unfortunately a small but vocal bunch of anarchists is on the anti-racism side and their antics usually cause more damage than good.
Ah, antifa. Yep.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2016, 08:42:27 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35625595
"The fire in the town of Bautzen in the early hours of Sunday morning destroyed the roof of a former hotel, which was being converted into a migrant shelter.
Police said some of the crowd tried to prevent firefighters from extinguishing the blaze, which destroyed the roof.
The premier of Saxony, Stanislaw Tillich, described them as "criminals".
Police suspect arson. The investigation includes detectives who normally deal with extremist crimes. No-one was hurt."

Uhg.  I seriously can't picture being someone who'd try to stop firefighters from helping people in a burn building.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2016, 08:55:15 pm »
That is incredibly vicious, nothing brings out the worst in people like nationalism, tribalism and xenophobia.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2016, 07:16:26 am »
Sons of Odin beat up a guy. He wasn't even a refugee or dark skinned or anything. They just didn't like what he said to them so 5 guys ganged up on him. The "loser" of the fight has broken bones and bruises, the "winners" are going to have a chat with the police and if the police do their job properly this might be the end for these "patriotic street patrols."