Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159347 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #255 on: October 23, 2015, 02:47:26 pm »
yes I just recommended Twilight fanfiction to someone, deal with it

YOU MONSTER!

I am going to report you to the mods.

...Oh wait.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #256 on: October 23, 2015, 02:59:32 pm »
What pisses me off is that Bella COULD have been good, there was material there. Someone with self-esteem issues who wants to be special, comes into contact with the scary side of the supernatural, is terrified but has the strength to stay there ´because of her love for Edward (which is actual love with fights and serious conversations and baring souls and fighting and anger and making up, not just OH EDWARD YOUR ABS ARE SO GORGEOUS YOU'RE PERFECT AND I CAN FIND NO FLAW IN YOU).

Just... Twilight could've been good. And that makes me sad and angry.

Hell, not even that.  Had she not been such a blank slate, Bella Swan would've made an amazing villain.  This ultimately selfish, manipulative, Machiavellian young woman stringing men along for kicks and backing her choice man into a corner from which the only possible escape is to marry her into an unloving, controlling relationship.  If it wouldn't taint my name, I'd be tempted to make a fanfic where Bella is only barely reinterpreted to be the main antagonist of the Twilight series.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #257 on: October 23, 2015, 11:28:48 pm »
I think I need to go to bed or a drink, came across a Paultard suggesting  unionzation of the workforce rather than minimum wage, who isn't aware how LOLibertations enjoy union busting as a past time
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:31:34 pm by nickiknack »

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #258 on: October 23, 2015, 11:35:20 pm »
I think I need to go to bed or a drink, came across a Paultard suggesting  unionzation of the workforce rather than minimum wage, who isn't aware how LOLibertations enjoy union busting as a past time

Really, a Ron Paul supporter promoting unionization? I don't get how that's even possible.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2015, 11:03:51 am »
The best poem I've heard this year:

"The truth is out there"

Somewhere beyond the cosmos.

But I will never see it.

I'm not going out there, because it's cold outside.

[Rough translation from the original Finnish poem. Can't find the original so I had to do it from memory.]
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2015, 09:58:04 am »
Do any Aussies refer to cotton candy as fairy floss?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2015, 10:47:07 am »
Yeah, that's what it's called over here.

Even Then

« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2015, 09:12:13 am »
I have a habit of thinking about alternate universes to works of fiction. Like, what would be different if thing X got changed, what are the implications of character A actually being in the circumstances of character B and vice-versa...

Recently, I've been thinking about a gender-reversed Revolutionary Girl Utena. Like, a young man who calls himself a "princess" and presents femininely ends up embroiled in a series of duels for the hand of a Rose Groom... how would the commentaries on gender and the concept of "princess" be different? How would the character motivations be different? It boggles the mind.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #263 on: November 03, 2015, 05:55:22 pm »
There's an interesting theory running around tumblr about how fictional characters actually become real when they die in their books.

Ironbite-which means Voldemort is running around here somewhere.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #264 on: November 03, 2015, 06:47:48 pm »
So theoretically, I could write a character who's a billionaire and irresistably compelled to give all of his money to me and only me, kill him off and wait for the billions to roll in, right?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #265 on: November 03, 2015, 06:54:43 pm »
Yes.  But you'll be old and gray by the time he gets those billions.

Ironbite-cause he'll be a baby.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #266 on: November 03, 2015, 07:14:28 pm »
Eh, better than nothing.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #267 on: November 03, 2015, 07:34:07 pm »
There's an interesting theory running around tumblr about how fictional characters actually become real when they die in their books.

The true origins of Vladimir Putin.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #268 on: November 03, 2015, 08:06:15 pm »

Let me know if you bump into Aeris.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #269 on: November 03, 2015, 08:07:06 pm »
Hell, this gives me an idea.

Tim was rich. Rich beyond most people's wildest dreams. At the age of five years old, he inherited not only a vast fortune worth billions, possibly trillions, from his late parents, but through some clever legal manipulation on their part, was granted full control over this fortune, as though he was a legal adult. However, Tim possessed a strange quirk. He desired, nay, was compelled in the strongest possible way to give it all away to single man he'd never even met. He knew not why, only that if he didn't do it soon, he would lose all grip on his sanity. He didn't know his name, only that he was a regular poster of FQA under the username "Art Vandelay". Tim knew not why he felt this need, but he knew he had to do it, no matter the cost. His very life depended on it.

The very next day, the transfer was completed, and Tim, though now orphaned and destitute, was finally happy. Unfortunately, that afternoon, he was glassed by a deranged homeless man and left to bleed out in the gutter. He died in severe agony several hours later.

The end.

Right, now if Tumblr is correct, I will be a trillionaire in just five years. Now we play the waiting game.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:29:23 pm by Art Vandelay »