Author Topic: Your Beliefs  (Read 10829 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Your Beliefs
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 11:17:16 pm »
Honestly, I'm more interested in fictional religions than real ones.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 11:26:16 pm »
I'm agnostic leaning atheist. And every Sunday I take most of my daughters to the Lutheran church up the street.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 12:12:12 am »
Lutheran Christian. But I consider my religious beliefs to be personal, so I rarely go to church and mainly just pray alone and try to follow the golden rule (also known as the "don't be a dick" rule.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 01:54:48 pm »
Conservative Judaism. I believe G-d created the universe 14 billion years ago. I believe that the Genesis account is non-literal.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 07:23:53 am »
Strong atheist. The most important thing to me is that my beliefs reflect reality as closely as possible. Naturally, that rules out any and all religion, as it's always based on blind faith rather than any sort of evidence or reasonable logic.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 11:21:11 pm »
Honestly, I'm more interested in fictional religions than real ones.

So all of them?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 11:22:42 pm »
I've basically moved around from Christian to atheist to agonist to I really don't feel like caring-theist.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 12:29:00 am »
Theistic Agnostic

You know, I vaguely remember you saying you were a Christian at one point or am I just crazy?

Anywho, I'm a time displaced Viking who follows the All-Father. Or not, atheist, actually.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 12:36:55 am »
I've basically moved around from Christian to atheist to agonist to I really don't feel like caring-theist.

So, apathetic?  Or is there a better term for that?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 08:19:19 am »
Long answer:  Skeptic.  I'd like to believe in an afterlife, but as my life says, if a ghost were to punch me in the face, I'd think it's my imagination.  Also, I see nothing that makes any religion more or less real than any other, so I choose not to follow any.  However, I think highly of Buddhist philosophies, mostly because going against many have real-life consequences, rather than angering some invisible higher power.

I also consider my Trinity to be Thor (I still claim praying to him when I was younger and Catholic cured my chronic nightmares and insomnia.  Gotta go with the results!), Murphy (whose laws I've see way too often), and William Blake.

Short answer that I give most people:  Atheist or skeptic (Usually atheist because I love the reactions!).
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 12:20:13 pm »
Theistic Agnostic

You know, I vaguely remember you saying you were a Christian at one point or am I just crazy?

Anywho, I'm a time displaced Viking who follows the All-Father. Or not, atheist, actually.

That is true.  Whether I head back that way or not, I don't know.  Stuff happened though that made me really disillusioned with religion in general, but since I'm *Theistic Agnostic,* knowing me, I'll probably head back toward liberal Christianity when I get over my 'issues'.  It could just be my depression talking right now.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 02:52:39 pm »
Atheist, more specifically anti-theist when the god concept is anything more concrete than an ill-defined mess.

I care about truth; I want to have as many true beliefs and as few false beliefs as possible about reality. Even if the truth is uncomfortable, I would rather know it than be ignorant of it.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 03:39:40 pm »
Okay, time for a more elaborate answer, with a dash of Tumblrisms. I would say I'm pretty religionfluid: I'm a deist most of the time, but there are times when I feel that there is an active presence out there, and it usually seems to like to make my life miserable. And there are times when I don't even feel deist, and I feel outright atheist. But for the most part I believe that there is something out there that created the universe, but I have no idea just what it is, aside from labeling it "God", and I don't believe it took an active role in the universe after that. One thing I can be sure of, though, is that I never feel like there's someone watching over me with benevolent intent.

tl;dr: I'm a deist.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 06:00:51 pm »
I worship my penis and invite the rest of you to come worship my penis too.

If God is defined as an all powerful sentient force that created the universe, I am an atheist. In fact on almost all definitions of God I am an atheist. I do however believe that mindfulness and meditation, which may be achieved through prayer, have both physical and psychological health benefits.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 06:31:21 pm »
Atheist, humanist, and rationalist. I don't believe in gods, magic, or souls. I don't think the supernatural is possible. I believe that while there are things we DON'T know, there aren't things we CAN'T know. I believe in live and let live toward religion. That is, you can believe whatever nonsense you want, as long as you don't try to force it on others or enforce it legally. Religion should be a private matter.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!