Author Topic: What Stupid Thing did the GOP say today  (Read 8926 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: What Stupid Thing did the GOP say today
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 02:50:18 pm »
"What's that miss?"
"Just sit in front of it and look glum sweetie."

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 02:57:33 pm »
Trump retweeted from a "White Genocide" Twitter.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 03:24:14 pm »
What's scary is the more stupid things Trump says, the higher his numbers go.  If he were to say that he opposes abortion because he thinks we should shoot babies out of cannons at brown people, he'd win the nomination.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 03:14:14 pm »
http://boingboing.net/2016/01/20/chris-christie-vetoes-nj-bill.html

"A law that would make it illegal for criminals and terrorists to own weapons? NOT ON MY WATCH" -Chris Christie, probably.

I mean, on one hand anyone who has suffered their conviction has paid the society for their crime and might have changed their ways but I am still not sure if they really need to own guns. And I think that giving firearms to people who make terrorist threats is a very bad idea...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 03:21:16 pm »
http://boingboing.net/2016/01/20/chris-christie-vetoes-nj-bill.html

"A law that would make it illegal for criminals and terrorists to own weapons? NOT ON MY WATCH" -Chris Christie, probably.

I mean, on one hand anyone who has suffered their conviction has paid the society for their crime and might have changed their ways but I am still not sure if they really need to own guns. And I think that giving firearms to people who make terrorist threats is a very bad idea...

I'm pro-gun, and I agree with you on the general principle.  Though I think the idea of "these people should never be allowed to own a gun ever" might be going a little too far.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 03:50:08 pm »
The way I see it with criminals, so long as it was a non violent crime like say possession of drugs then you should be allowed to own a gun, commit armed robbery no guns for you.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 02:28:05 am »
https://twitter.com/KatrinaPierson/status/160181303680040960

Perfect Obama's dad born in Africa, Mitt Romney's dad born in Mexico. Any pure breeds left? #CNNDebate

This was said by the spokeswoman of Trump's campaign...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 10:08:19 am »
Wooooooow.  Not even trying anymore.

Ironbite-oh and your candidate was born in Scotland.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 04:16:33 pm »
So Ben Carson wants an apology from CNN.  CNN's response? For what?

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Ben Carson has an apology from Sen. Ted Cruz for his role in some Iowa phone call shenanigans the night of the caucus. Now he says he wants one from CNN.

After Saturday night’s Republican debate -- where Cruz once again apologized for his team calling Carson supporters and telling them the former neurosurgeon was suspending his campaign -- Carson now wants an apology from the news network that Cruz blames for the incident.

“Both need to apologize to the American people for distorting the process,” Carson told The Huffington Post.

ABC News brought up the incident at the debate on Saturday, asking Carson if Cruz should take further action following the drama on caucus night.

“I’m not going to use this opportunity to savage the reputation of Sen. Cruz,” Carson said. “I will say I was disappointed that members of his team thought so little of me that they thought after having hundreds, if not thousands of volunteers and college students who sacrificed their time and were dedicated to the cause -- one even died -- to think that I would just walk away 10 minutes before the caucus.”

After apologizing once again, Cruz blamed CNN, claiming the news network had inaccurately reported that Carson was suspending his campaign from “6:30 p.m. to 9:15,” and “didn’t correct that story until 9:15 that night.”

“My political team saw CNN’s report breaking news and they forwarded that news to our volunteers; it was being covered on live television,” the Texas senator said.

The news network released a statement before the event ended, claiming Cruz misstated CNN’s reporting during the debate.

"What Sen. Cruz said tonight in the debate is categorically false. CNN never corrected its reporting because CNN never had anything to correct," the statement said. "The Cruz campaign's actions the night of the Iowa caucuses had nothing to do with CNN's reporting. The fact that Senator Cruz continues to knowingly mislead the voters about this is astonishing."

Basically Cruz deliberately misread a CNN news tweet in order to parley Carson supporters into caucusing for him.  Which is kind of a dirty tactic and of course Cruz got caught, apologized to Carson for it and gets to smirk off to a smackdown in New Hampshire.  Carson, man who thinks he's got a chance in this thing, now wants CNN to apologize for basically reporting that after Iowa, he was going home for a day or two in Florida in order to get some clothing and sleep.  The pretentiousness of the demand is just amazing.  While I do think Cruz took advantage of the statement, Carson's people should have known better.  Instead, well we saw the results on Tuesday.

Ironbite-welcome to cuthroat politics Carson...enjoy the ride.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 05:19:56 pm »
I don't think Carson is serious about running. If he was he wouldn't have accepted that bullshit from Cruz about CNN. I suspect Donald Trump is going to attack Cruz harder on this than Carson.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 09:59:10 pm »
Speaking of the Donald, he Tweeted a Mussolini quote.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:21:35 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 11:13:42 pm »
Not really.

Psalms 84:10:

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 10:27:37 am »
Radovan Kavicky ‏@radovankavicky  · Feb 28 

@sarahkendzior @pdacosta @realDonaldTrump @ilduce2016

Maybe coincidence or maybe not.

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2016, 05:18:32 pm »
*blows dust off this thing*

Man forgot I had this.  So anyways, RNC going down, lots of stupid shit going down but I think the dumbest thing has to come out of Sarah Palin's mouth hole.

Turns out Ted Cruz’s partner, Carly Fiorina, had a more graceful exit from the political stage than he had.

Cruz’s broken pledge to support the will of the people tonight was one of those career-ending “read my lips” moments. I guarantee American voters took notice and felt more unsettling confirmation as to why we don’t much like typical politicians because they campaign one way, but act out another way. That kind of political status quo has got to go because it got us into the mess we’re in with America’s bankrupt budgets and ramped up security threats.

It’s commonplace for politicians to disbelieve their word is their bond, as evidenced by Cruz breaking his promise to endorse his party’s nominee, evidently thinking whilst on the convention stage, “At this point, what difference does it make?” We’ve been burned so horribly by that attitude that voters won’t reward politicians pulling that “what difference does it make” stunt again. Politicians will see — it makes all the difference in the world to us.

Oh Sarah...can't you go have another kid or something and leave the grown ups to actually do something smart?

Ironbite-jesus she's dumb.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 11:51:13 pm »
You know, I don't like Ted Cruz like at all. But I have to respect the balls he had to go into the lions den and stand his ground and not endorse the Republican nominee. A possible career ending move. It shows the division that's been forming in the GOP.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t