Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1090166 times)

Offline Bender_Rodríguez

• Bishop
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #960 on: August 10, 2012, 05:15:47 pm »
I'm actually with the Penn State fans (although I am one myself, so I'm biased). To my knowledge, not a single current employee of Penn State was involved in the scandal. I don't believe that the school as a whole deserves to be punished, when they did not do anything wrong.

But the same thing happens any time the NCAA sanctions an athletic program - the innocent are punished. Yes, it sucks for the Penn State players through the years who knew nothing about Sandusky's abuse.

The difference here is that what happened wasn't directly part of the athletic program. This wasn't a scandal over illegal enhancements or paying athletes. It was a sexual abuse scandal that happened to involve people in the Penn State football program. As my mom said, if Jerry Sandusky had been an English professor, would the NCAA have even gotten involved?

No the National Collegiate Athletics Association would not have gotten involved if he were an English teacher since the English dept has nothing to do with athletics.  However when a coach of the football team is molesting little boys,  I think that gives them every right to get involved.  Yes,  Sandusky was relieved of his coaching duties after they discovered it in 1999, but they still let him bring young boys on campus for years afterward.  Like I said before, the school covered this up to protect a football program.  Those little boys deserved better than Penn State gave them. 

Now did the NCAA overstep itself with this decision?  Maybe, but I can't say I disagree with it.  This situation is infinitely worse than the SMU situation and they got the death penalty.  I think that this is the definition of lack or loss of institutional control.  You had an administration not only covering up but allowing a pedophile to continue raping little boys for over a decade after the first reported incident.  I was 100% behind JoePa back when he was fired.  After the Freeh report, I'm just sickened that he let this happen.  I feel for the players because this really isn't their fault, but the message had to be sent.  The safety of those children should have been more important than the image of the football team.  By covering it up they've tainted the image of PSU so badly that it will take years to fix.  If theyu had turned Sandusky in after the first report in 1999, think of how much better PSU would look right now.  It would be forgotten and people would have moved on by now.  JoePa's legacy is ruined, the schools reputation has been ruined.  Was it worth it?

Distind

« Reply #961 on: August 10, 2012, 06:05:24 pm »
It would be forgotten and people would have moved on by now.  JoePa's legacy is ruined, the schools reputation has been ruined.  Was it worth it?
Institutional cover up, institutional punishment.

I think a shorter version of what some people are trying to say is this isn't about the kids who aren't going to be playing on the team. It's about sending a message to the organizations they play for that raping kids isn't ok, no matter how good someone may be at their job. Or really any criminal activities. If you don't punish the organization those who remain will simply assume it'll be fine so long as they cover it up long enough for everyone involved to get out of dodge. The same kind of institutional lack of responsibility we see in government, or corporations.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #962 on: August 10, 2012, 11:54:59 pm »

White... Genocide.... Project!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #963 on: August 11, 2012, 12:19:59 am »

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #964 on: August 11, 2012, 12:22:16 am »
It would be forgotten and people would have moved on by now.  JoePa's legacy is ruined, the schools reputation has been ruined.  Was it worth it?
Institutional cover up, institutional punishment.

I think a shorter version of what some people are trying to say is this isn't about the kids who aren't going to be playing on the team. It's about sending a message to the organizations they play for that raping kids isn't ok, no matter how good someone may be at their job. Or really any criminal activities. If you don't punish the organization those who remain will simply assume it'll be fine so long as they cover it up long enough for everyone involved to get out of dodge. The same kind of institutional lack of responsibility we see in government, or corporations.

Ah, I see. I happen to think that the reputational damage to Penn State was severe enough that the rational response to a similar situation in the future would be to report it ASAP, but that's a matter of opinion. And I think we've deviated from the main topic long enough.

On topic:

Yes. Yes I do. I don't LIKE abortion, but that's another story altogether. When it comes to social politics, I am a strong liberal.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #965 on: August 11, 2012, 12:33:03 am »

I would post the "Won't you think of the white people?" image, but I'm too fucking lazy.

Seriously, I don't know if this is a joke or real, but all I know is that it's just as bullshit as that Heterosexual Awareness poster and it reeks of persecution complex.

Also:

...Yes, I support marriage for homosexuals and abortion. You guys are saying that like it's a bad... oh, this sign is telling you to vote Republican and to abolish LGBT(Q) and reproductive rights. Never mind.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #966 on: August 11, 2012, 12:41:14 am »
http://whitegenocideproject.com/eu-must-commit-gencode-of-whites-in-europe-un-chief/
It's real we've found a RSTDT (and seeing as they think Islam is taking over Europe FSTDT) gold mine

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #967 on: August 11, 2012, 02:04:24 am »

-thinks for a second-  ...Yup, I do.  As for voting Republican?  If I want to get fucked, I'll go to my girlfriend.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #968 on: August 12, 2012, 02:03:59 am »

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #969 on: August 12, 2012, 02:52:37 am »
Is that a shirt for toddlers?

Because I'm pretty sure babies don't have the most informed opinions on religion and gun control.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #970 on: August 12, 2012, 03:02:11 am »
Is that a shirt for toddlers?

Because I'm pretty sure babies don't have the most informed opinions on religion and gun control.

You're never too young to fiercely defend America from gun-hating Antichrists like 0bama. (fundie-wundie speak)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #971 on: August 12, 2012, 02:20:19 pm »

I feel like you're expecting me to say no.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #972 on: August 12, 2012, 10:23:09 pm »

Somehow I don't think it's very safe to give your baby a gun.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #973 on: August 13, 2012, 04:08:05 am »

Somehow I don't think it's very safe to give your baby a gun.

It's just cleaning the gene pool a bit early, that's all... >:3
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline myusername

• Bishop
« Reply #974 on: August 13, 2012, 07:15:21 am »
I never understood why people feel the need to plaster their political beliefs all over their car. Especially when they're stupid as shit.

"I don't have any bumper stickers on my car, because I don't want the causes that I feel so strongly about to be associated with my driving" - Roy Zimmerman