Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629812 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6615 on: September 12, 2018, 05:33:40 pm »
This reply to Knight was inspired.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6616 on: September 13, 2018, 01:09:34 am »
I don't follow tennis, what's this about?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6617 on: September 13, 2018, 07:27:11 am »
Serena Williams was playing against Naomi Osaka in the finals when the Ump decided to throw some unjust accusations her way and penalize her for it.  She then confronted him, as you do, and he further doubled down, basically costing her the match in some eyes.  Of course Osaka was kicking her ass before that is lost on many.  So we get...that trash from a racist rag.

Ironbite-basically tainted the victory of a woman who was about to beat one of the greatest.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6618 on: November 19, 2018, 05:09:39 pm »
Not because I disagree with the message but more because it has no joke and simply states the obvious, drawing is good though:

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6619 on: November 22, 2018, 06:10:25 am »
Nobody likes May's deal from what I've read. Remain hates it for obvious reasons of it being brexit, and brexit people hate it because its weaker than they wanted.

She just can't please anybody in her attempt to please everybody.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6620 on: November 22, 2018, 07:45:35 am »
One of the pro-Brexit politicians complained that in May's deal Britain will lose their representatives in EU and can't vote for EU laws anymore... I think she tried to rephrase that later.

The real issue is that what she is offering now is pretty much what EU said would happen early on. The best deal they can get is the same deal as the one Norway has, no power in EU and they'll have to pay their share but they get the benefits that members would get.

A real Brexit would be a disaster, but they spent two years claiming that leaving EU will mean that they get unicorns and all the cotton candy they can eat with not a single worry in the world. Now that reality is turning out to be a much more bleak fate they are in panic mode and try to blame things on everyone else.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6621 on: November 22, 2018, 10:24:21 am »
They've also got curry shops closing down left and right because their staff were all from Eastern Europe (so they're leaving due to questions over their immigration and work status) and they haven't been replaced by similarly trained staff from other places.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6622 on: November 22, 2018, 10:37:56 am »
NOT THE CURRY SHOPS!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6623 on: November 22, 2018, 11:26:07 am »
Meanwhile the only comments I've seen from Brits explaining why they think Brexit will hurt others more are on the line of "but we buy 700k cars from Germany per year and since we can't afford to do that after Brexit FUCK GERMANY, WE WIN AGAIN!"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6624 on: November 28, 2018, 05:29:08 pm »
This is in the worst cartoons because I have literally no idea what point it is trying to make:

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6625 on: November 28, 2018, 06:34:05 pm »
Are they supposed to be a married couple? Are they in some kind of office? Why is the guy wearing a purple bicycle helmet? Why is the coffee cup sitting in a puddle of water and why has no one cleaned it up? Has this artist ever seen the inside of an apartment before? Why did he smudge grey on the back wall? why is the man about to sit down in what I assume is a dog food bowl? Are they saying that if they have kids now then by the time they're adults there just won't magically be a climate crisis anymore?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:36:45 pm by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6626 on: November 28, 2018, 08:30:25 pm »
I know right? Like there has to be some sort of fucking point but I have no idea what the fuck it's meant to be.

It's like there is a panel missing.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6627 on: November 28, 2018, 09:26:44 pm »
It's trying to make a point about the urgency of the climate crisis. Her logic is that the more they delay making children the more the children will suffer from the climate crisis in their lifetime and if they make them soon they might die without facing too much of it. I guess the guy and the stuff around him is meant to give a hippie/liberal/sciency feeling (clothes, facial hair, bike, calculator, telescope).

The comic is a mess even after figuring out the weird logic and message.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6628 on: November 28, 2018, 11:55:17 pm »
And some more garrison

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #6629 on: November 29, 2018, 04:54:38 pm »
Can I just laugh at Garrison's quite frankly unbelievable suggestion that Nancy Pelosi is a corporate money-grubbing leech, considering "corporate money-grubbing leech" is a rather accurate description of the entire Republican party, from the top on down?