Author Topic: Quote to Quick Reply Anchor  (Read 6144 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Quote to Quick Reply Anchor
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:01:28 pm »
Could we do something so the page doesn’t always jump right to the quick reply box at the bottom when I hit the quote for a post? If there is a post I want to quote, I hit quote, whether or not I am done reading all the posts on the thread. I do not want to hae to scroll back and try to remember who I am quoting. Sometimes I also want to quote several posts. Jumping right to the Quick Reply box results often results in a lot of unnecessary scrolling back up.
-A Pen Name

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Quote to Quick Reply Anchor
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:49:47 pm »
That's actually how I like it with simple machines.  You quote, and it goes down to quick reply.  It's not that hard to scroll back up though.

Ironbite-and I think it's part of the code of the forums.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 11:30:17 pm »
That's actually how I like it with simple machines.  You quote, and it goes down to quick reply.  It's not that hard to scroll back up though.
It is not hard, but it is annoying and redundant. Especially when trying to do a multi-quote.

Actually, if Simple Machines can run a multi-quote system similar to the one used by vBulletin, that would be good as well. I would use that instead of Quick Reply.

I’d rather do one of these than have to open a bunch of tabs and then do a bunch of copy ‘n’ paste to make my multiquotes.
-A Pen Name

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 03:32:22 pm »
Speaking of QR, can I somehow get it to be open by default? This way eats my text if I somehow refresh.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 03:38:08 pm »
Go to your Profile->Look and Layout. The second to last item is “Use quick reply on topic display.”  Select “show, on by default.”
-A Pen Name