Author Topic: No long goodbyes.  (Read 73528 times)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Re: No long goodbyes.
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 10:55:59 am »
I am truly sorry to see you go but I am glad to hear that you are doing it on your own terms. All of us are better for having known you, even in the limited capacity of a forum.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 02:09:29 pm »
Goodbye, Sandman.  We have all been blessed to know you.

Whatever awaits you after death, may it be pleasant.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 03:54:00 pm »
Farewell, Sandman.  May your remaining time be as peaceful and comfortable as possible.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 03:58:31 pm »
Sorry to hear, Sandman.  Best thoughts and wishes to you and your family.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Sandafluffoid

• Bishop
  • Defective Detective
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 06:22:30 pm »
Goodbye, I count myself lucky to have known such a warm, witty, and intelligent person as yourself, albeit only distantly. You will be missed.
Oh look it's me.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 06:35:49 pm »
You're leaving with the dignity, grace, and class you've shown us lo these seemingly too short few years. And we are all better people for you being in our lives, even if it was only through an internet connection.

Godspeed, my friend.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2012, 07:19:08 pm »
Yesterday, I happened to buy Christopher Hitchens' book "Mortality" and just started reading it. I bought it not knowing what it really was about, only that I was interested in catching up with the works of Dawkins and Hitchens. I am still in the first few pages as my goddamn parrot chose last night as the time to fly off and I had to spend all the time hunting him down. Anyway, I thought it might be an interesting read for someone in your predicament. Lord knows, I probably will die early, having led a rough life, probably more than Hitchens did, and I found what I read interesting, so far. Hope this is of interest and helpful. It is not a big book, looks like a few days of leisure reading.

My very best Regards - I wish I found this site much earlier.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 08:38:22 pm by Hoplite »
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Hell's Granny on a GoldWing
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2012, 07:40:57 pm »
Goodbye, Sandman. Your wit, wisdom, courage and humanity will be sorely missed. My eldest son is named Sandy*. If he turns out one tenth the man you are, I shall be well pleased.

Sending a great big granny-hug to the best damned virtual granddad on the whole internet.

As someone who has faced her own mortality, I firmly believe you have made the right decision. May your final days be filled with peace, love and joy; may they be pain-free and pleasantly occupied. Go into the great unknown knowing that you are loved and will be remembered fondly by many, many people. And know that you made a difference, a good and great difference, in the lives you touched.

Love and hugs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Yes, I married a Scot. So sue me!

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2012, 07:56:30 pm »
I love you, Sandman. I'm so happy that I was able to know you, though I regret not getting to know you better. I hope you have a lovely and peaceful time at your new home. You will be in my thoughts often, and I will miss you dearly. You're a great man, and those who know you and very lucky.

Goodbye, friend.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2012, 08:01:04 pm »
After so many goodbyes and well-wishes, it's hard to find something new to add. All that comes to mind is having a drink in your honor, and the musician in me wanting to cover 'Enter Sandman' if it could be done in good taste.

Enjoy your remaining days among the living. If there's anything beyond, I look forward to your "I told you so".
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2012, 01:13:02 am »
Farewell Sandman I didn't know you long but from the time I have known you on the forum I've come to admire you, and while I will most likely be sadden by your passing I will still look up to you even after this so goodbye and may the goddess welcome you back into her loving embrace.

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2012, 04:15:57 am »
Goodbye Sandman, as all the others have said all our love and respect go out to you and your wife.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2012, 01:08:25 pm »
Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2012, 03:56:21 pm »
Sandman,

You are one of the most, intelligent, wise people that I have ever come across, even though I never met you personally and never actually got to talk with you face to face. Yet, many of your forum posts were pleasing, articulate in more ways then I could ever make mine. You have earned the utmost respect among many here on the forums and you have made a lasting impression on many.

The people that have come across you in life have been blessed with your presence and were lucky to know such a great guy.

I am glad that you are taking the route that you want in how you wish to pass over. I understand that you no longer want to be in pain and truthfully, I think that probably is a good decision. To retain your dignity and to be comfortable in your last days.

I am truly going to miss you and I will miss seeing your posts. 
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Saturn500

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2012, 04:11:21 pm »
 :'(