Author Topic: Free Republic: A Hate Group?  (Read 4250 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Free Republic: A Hate Group?
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:47:33 pm »
I pay quite a bit of attention to the Southern Poverty Law Center--they do a lot of excellent legal work and track prominent hate groups in the U.S. Recently they have expanded their work to include anti-gay, Islamophobic, and "Patriot" (i.e. anti-government) groups, in addition to White Nationalists, Neo-Confederates and the other standard crazies. New organizations and Web sites listed as "hate groups" include the Family Research Council, Atlas Shrugs, the American Family Association, Jihad Watch, Stop the Islamization of America (SIOA), and the Faithful Word Baptist Church. While the SPLC has been attacked for targeting conservative groups that hold legitimate opposing views, the SPLC notes that in order to be classified as a "hate group" one must move into the realm of "personal vilification" of a minority group. Thus, a group that merely peacefully objects to same-sex marriage is not in the same territory as, say, Scott Lively's Abiding Truth Ministries. A group that actively demonizes a target by spreading hateful lies or using violent rhetoric, on the other hand, would qualify. So I believe, based upon this criteria, that Free Republic (along with some of the other vile sites we collect quotes from) ought to qualify as a hate group for targeting, among other groups, Muslims and LGBT persons. One need only glance at the rhetoric documented on this very site to see their pattern of personal vilification and extremist rhetoric.

On the LGBT community:

Oh I believe you on the lesbian abuse on boys. I can just see it now....some dykes abuse a boy and he grows up to be a serial killer who preys on lesbian women. You just know this is coming, don't you? What is more, when he uses that has his defense, ie “I was abused by my two dyke mommies”, I hope I am on the jury, he will be acquitted, or at least there will be a hung jury. -Morgana

"Live, and let live," and "Let consenting adults do what they want to in the privacy of their homes." That would be OK, but the GLBT community does not simply want to do "their thing" in private, they want to, eventually, have sex on your lawn in front of your kids. They are wanting to ramrod their anti-marriage,anti-family, anti-moral ideology down the throats of already doomed Americans. Economically, Socially, Politically we are the Decline of the Roman Empire unless God hosts a Supernatural Tea Party. Do not pardon the puns. -joeclarke

I want the Constitution amended so I can marry my raccoon. He's so cute!

It's my right! And then after the coon and I get a divorce, I'd like to marry my guppy (although that neon tetra looks real good after a couple shots...)

Somebody please explain to me why we take these freaks seriously in the first place. They are abhorrent, disgusting perverts with no shame and no self-respect. The fact that they lack moral reference-points should not impute any degradation of what we know to be right and wrong.

I think they should be allowed not to procreate, they should never be allowed to adopt, and every one should be given Dr. Kervorkian's phone number... just in case (like most pus-brained fags) they ever decide they should end it all. In fact, they should. -Gargantua

All AIDS stems from queerdom. The innocent baby born with it, the unsuspecting recipient of a tainted blood transfusion, the unwitting sexual partner of someone who passes it on, the needle user that shares one with an AIDS person. All of it passed on by a queer somewhere along the line. Billions spent on the queer disease and billions more to come. Treat the innocent babies and transfusion victims and let the ones who brought it on themseves look out for themselves and by all means stop queers from donating blood. -Graybeard58

Twenty years ago, I attended an “open house” at my daughters school. One of the subjects discussed was a lesson plan called “ free to be you and me” which taught that homosexuals were normal.

I stood up and said “ Why is it that homosexuals have a much higher rate of suicide than heterosexuals? Why is it that alcoholism is rampant in homosexuals? Why is it that the average life span is so much lower than heterosexuals?

Could it be because homosexuals have sexual intercourse with, lick, suck and eat human $hit?

I got thrown out, but the curriculum was not adopted ;-) -stephenjohnbanker

Many people - my self included - used to be very tolerant of homosexuals - I knew it was disgusting and weird and sinful, but had a “live and let live” attitude. I worked with one, had a friendly relationship, I figured his life was his business. (I was also accosted twice by homosexuals and the experience was utterly repellent and disgusting, but I did not hate the individuals. I just said “NO!!!!” very emphatically.)

Until the mid 1980s, when I learned about the homosexual agenda. I started reading books, researching, and learned from others via newsletters and so on. And everything I feared has come to pass.

The homosexual agenda is pushing and promoting via the courts and legislation “Homo-Leninism” - forcing people against their will and against their moral values - to hire, associate with, allow fostering and adoptions, marriage and so on - homosexuals. Hate speech is against the law - many places you cannot say anything even “homosexuality is dangerous for the health” or “homosexuality is condemned in all the scriptures of the world”. Children are force-fed “gay is good” in schools and clubs.

Ever seen footage or photos of “Gay Pride” parades? There are some on FR - just yesterday or the day before. You think that should be on teh public streets? Sodomy in public? You think the promotion - by law - of homosexual depravity is equivalent to people eating too much or arrogance?

Do you see “Gluttony Pride” or “Adultery Pride” or “Lying Pride” parades? No? Are there hate speech laws or “senstivity training” about overeating? Mrs. 0thugga has a campaign against over eating - aka gluttony - so it’s okay to condemn that behavior. There are laws against muder, rape, slander - but homosexual behavior and those who practice and promote it have special protection under the law, to the extent that our freedoms such as freedom of speech, religion, and association are getting torn to shreds. -little jeremiah

[re: Corrective Rape in South Africa]

‘Correct’ 2 birds with 1 stone...make gay men rape gay women. -george76

I haven’t seen any honest stories of violence against people targeted because they are homosexuals. And the press HAS fooled the younger generation that it’s a “civil rights” issue. -DJ MacWoW

Why do you think a SAME SEX couple wants SAME SEX KIDS?

To molest them and make them “gay”.

It’s a no brainer.

Are people that DUMB to not see through this?

The HIGHEST molestation rates with kids are with SAME SEX COUPLES and SAME SEX kids. That is a FACT. It is shocking. When you compare the SMALL PERCENTAGE that “gays” are of our population - maybe 1-3% and compare the MOLESTATION RATE with molestations that happen with heterosexuals, HANDS DOWN of the percentages “gays” win. -nmh

To put the word pride next to such dysfunctional lifestyles is sick and twisted....esp. because of the conditioning this does to children ....Makes kids associate homosexual acts with pride????????? Goebbels would be proud.

Why not have a Roehm Pride Day, then? Hess Pride Day? Hitler Pride Day? A Dahmers Pride Day, maybe? Why not....they are all homosexuals....
 ..since there is no right and wrong by your standard—all behaviors are moral?

Oh, I see—you’re using the atheism of Marx’s book. It certainly contradicts the Bible and the Constitution founded on Natural Law Theory.

Oh what’s that....we don’t pay attention to the Constitution anymore? Oh, I see.
 You’re making up your own “right and wrong” not based on Universal Truth and reason and logic that we have followed for thousands of years—the basis of our Constitution.

Oh ya.....you know better...you and the “intellectual elites” that have been schooled in Marx and islam where little boys are routinely sodomized and your sodomite idol John Maynard Keynes used to pass little boys around at parties with his homosexual friends.....Yes, really healthy and moral....such fun is common in homosexual societies.

What is the purpose? To destroy sexual morality in a culture????? Freud even said that would be disastrous and destroy civil society. Or do you just want to make Christian and Jews bigots and be able to jail them for hate speech, if they quote the Holy Bible in public.

BTW, why do you, zero, put the word “holy” in front of the word koran all the time and never in front of the word “Bible”? Just asking...but I know why. -savagesusie

1.) Every Catholic in New York needs to petition their Bishop — and the Pope — to have excommunicated any Catholic who voted to instate this abomination. In particular, you MUST target Governor Cuomo.

2.) Every American, not presently a resident in one of the states that has imposed this absurdity, must contact your state representatives to enact legislation that outlaws this practice, and ALSO refuses to recognize any of these “unions” authorized by other states.

3.) Be prepared to use armed force, if necessary, to prevent this from coming to your state.

4.) The reprobate homosexuals have declared war on civilization ... we must respond in kind. Stop them, by any means available, before they exterminate civilization.

This is a life and death struggle. Act accordingly. -TCH

On Muslims & Arabs:

Obama wants to bring in more Muslim immigrants, because he is a Muslim. This nation elected a Muslim president, and we’re surprised when he sides with Muslims? He is very carefully not sympathizing with the fallen soldiers or their families at Fort Hood - the victims of the latest Muslim bloodletting. And Democrats are working very hard today to pass the Muslim’s healthcare takeover law. Is our nation upside down, or what? -abclily

Mohammedanism must be eradicated.

A good start would be to destroy the stupid black rock in Mecca with a surgical strike, accompanied by a warning to evaportate the entire city if the Mohammedan mayhem does not stop. -Westbrook

The Crusades were nothing but Jews and Christians fighting back against brutal Muslim aggression, defending themselves and their bretheren in the Middle East and The Holy Land from annhialation at the hands of the barbaric Saracen and Moorish dogs. You human piece of puke. I have chunks of jerks like you in my stool. Go f*%k you and your Mooselip homo ass-buddies. You make me sick, may you rot in Hell. -Gargantua

That moslem should be glad the USA didn’t put him on a raft made of bacon + set him afloat toward Mecca.

Those moslems are disgusting animals, as they PROVE every hour of every day.

When they stop proving it, I’ll stop saying it. -StopObama2012

There is only one answer to islam and Ann Coulter hit it on the head. Conquer their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity.

Way back when it was said that the arab is either at your throat or at your feet. This applies more generally to the moslem. We have allowed them to be at our throats for far too long. We need to put them back at our feet until we can eradicate them entirely.

I fully support nuking mecca and medina and every moslem city of over 50,000. I figure that would be a good start. If they want to behave like stone age barbarians then lets really put them back in the stone age. -John O

Kosher is distinct from halal, in that Kosher has unecessary (for Christian gentiles) precautions taken in in preparation.

Halal, in contrast, is pagan, and sacrificed to a demon.

While Mathew makes clear that this would not make one “unclean” (in the Jewish sense), Acts and Corinthians makes clear such pagan-sacrificed meat should be avoided.

It’s black-letter, New Testament stuff. -TheThirdRuffian

The way I see it God wants us to have that oil. Why else would he put those nasty Arabs on top of it?

Once the rulers are taken out we could go in there and secure the oil.

They owe us for 9/11, we should take the opportunity to collect. -Berlin_Freeper

I often wonder if Islam itself is the Antichrist. This argument suggests that those that practice it are antichrists ? This implies that an Antichrist is the POTUS.
 90% of Americans could agree with this thinking yet the usual lunatics like harry Reid would be out there calling us megaextreme extremists. -gcraig

White/Christian/Western Europeans know in their hearts what must be done.

Whether they will discover the intestinal fortitude required to do it in time — well, that’s the $64 question. Right now it doesn’t look all that good, but it’s not yet time to completely give up hope.

There _are_ political parties in Western Europe that know what must be done. However, they are attacked by the _other parties_ as being “racist”, “xenophobic”, or whatever. Yet if ANYone is able to “save Europe”, it will be the far-right-wing parties. NONE of the other parties will come around in time; indeed, amongst them, it will more likely be a question of which one surrenders first.

I’ve posted this before on FR, and I’ll post it again:

Western Europe has but two choices:
1. Boxcars, or...
2. Burqhas.

If Europeans do not choose option #1 in due time, they WILL have option #2 forced upon them.

That may go for us here in North America, too.

Just sayin’.... -Grumplestiltskin

In addition, after Neo-Nazi James Von Brunn fatally shot a guard at Washington, D.C.'s Holocaust Museum, it was discovered that Von Brunn's racist, Birther-oriented political rants were posted on Free Republic. Freepers have also praised known terrorists and mass murderers such as Scott Roeder and Anders Breivik. In a thread I stumbled upon earlier today that dealt with Norwegian Islamists, common responses included:

Coexist? These subhumans need to be exterminated. -98ZJ USMC

What will it take for the Norwegians to wake up and deport these monsters? -BenLurkin

FREE Anders Breivik ! -traumer

It is time to use machine guns on these evil muzzies...there, or when necessary elsewhere...The world never belonged to the muzzie pedophile who started this evil ‘religion’, and Norway does not belong to these evil ones...has nothing to do with them being ‘born’ there. -GGpaX4DumpedTea

Release Anders Behring Breivik. -Bon mots

And far from being an insignificant Web site, it's done extensive work with high-profile conservatives including galas featuring former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and his "rock" band. Birther and Swift Boat asshole Jerome Corsi was also a member at one point. So my question is--since no one here is privy to what goes on at the SPLC--do you guys think Free Republic should be classified as a General Hate site?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Free Republic: A Hate Group?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:22:56 pm »
Rabbit, long ago I was attacked by skinheads in Atlanta, (I lived there for about 30 years). After the police reports were filed, I was actually called by an attorney doing research for SPLC to do a research interview.

Believe me, they are awesome, calm, careful and fearless at their work. Frankly, you should just send a paste of your post here, along with links back, although I would be surprised if SPLC researchers do not already glean info from FSTDT mainpage. As outrageous as FR is, no doubt it is being monitored by many rights activists, but getting direct input like this from private citizens with concerns, and not just activists, attorneys or law enforcement, may help progress FR's status to officially recognized hate group.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:52:20 am »
*fights urge to set something on fire*

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 06:56:04 am »
It is incredible the number of conservatives either openly expressing support and admiration for, or writing semi-supportive articles behind a thin veil of Means and Ends quibble* about a mass-murdering, child-killing, white supremacist terrorist. But if you suggest any association between the two, you're smearing and painting with a broad brush, of course.

* But he's so handsome and dreamy...
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 11:21:30 am »
Rabbit, long ago I was attacked by skinheads in Atlanta, (I lived there for about 30 years).
Holy shit 0_o

I can't say I'm totally surprised if you're from Atlanta though. Many racist groups are especially concentrated in the South. If you don't mind my asking, though, why did they target you?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 11:32:06 am »
Were they from outside Atlanta (rednecks dont really live there)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 02:33:16 pm »
While the SPLC has been attacked for targeting conservative groups that hold legitimate opposing views.

I believe they also listed various extreme "animal rights" groups on their website, so it's not just conservatives and right wingers.

I'm not sure whether it can be counted as a hate site. I think the higher ups would have to be the ones who state this crap, otherwise it's just a bunch of morons on a comment board who don't represent the entire goals of the site owners.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 02:55:45 pm »
While the SPLC has been attacked for targeting conservative groups that hold legitimate opposing views.
I'm not sure whether it can be counted as a hate site. I think the higher ups would have to be the ones who state this crap, otherwise it's just a bunch of morons on a comment board who don't represent the entire goals of the site owners.
I was prepared for something like that. Jim Robinson, the site owner, takes an actively anti-gay and anti-Muslim stance. Moreover, there are keywords for categories dealing with Islam such as "islamofascism" "obamaspeople", "typicalislam", "muhammadsminions", "dhimmitude", "pakitrash", "fifthcolumn", "religionofpieces" and "koranimals". Other keywords include "homosexualagenda", "sodom", "homofascism", "homonazi", "pinkswastika", "blackracism", "blackcrime", "holderspeople", "blackfascism", "civilwartwo", etc. The moderators can, and do, delete posts they deem to be against the beliefs and values of Free Republic. None of the comments I quoted in the original post have been deleted which, to me, suggests tacit approval and support of those beliefs.

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 04:36:47 pm »
Well I did send them a message about it and they responded:

"I am forwarding your inquiry regarding Free Republic to colleagues in our Intelligence Project. Thanks for taking time to provide all this info."

EDIT: Okay, just got another response. Basically they are categorized as an antigovernment "Patriot" group, and the reason why it does not have a hate group designation is because the commenters are not "officially part of the organization." But basically they feel that its "predominant character is that of a Patriot organization."

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 06:07:12 pm »
Well, the SPLC has done stories on Whirled Nut Daily, and I'd put Free Republic in the same group as WND. The two sites certainly seem to have the same audience of racists and right wing whackaloons, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:12:08 pm by ScrappyB »
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 06:28:25 pm »
Well, the SPLC has done stories on Whirled Nut Daily, and I'd put Free Republic in the same group as WND. The two sites certainly seem to have the same audience of racists and right wing whackaloons, anyway.
Good point.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 07:57:46 pm »
Yeah, I'd say they're primarily a "Patriot" group.  Yeah, they're also pretty racist most of the time, but they're primarily focused on them danged lib'ruls, an' how they're ruinin' this country.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 10:10:12 pm »
Yeah, I'd say they're primarily a "Patriot" group.  Yeah, they're also pretty racist most of the time, but they're primarily focused on them danged lib'ruls, an' how they're ruinin' this country.
Well I'm just glad they answered me so quickly and courteously--and it was straight from Mark Potok too :D

Offline The Lazy One

• Neonate
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 05:21:36 pm »
    Why do you think a SAME SEX couple wants SAME SEX KIDS?

To molest them and make them “gay”.

It’s a no brainer.

Are people that DUMB to not see through this?

The HIGHEST molestation rates with kids are with SAME SEX COUPLES and SAME SEX kids. That is a FACT. It is shocking. When you compare the SMALL PERCENTAGE that “gays” are of our population - maybe 1-3% and compare the MOLESTATION RATE with molestations that happen with heterosexuals, HANDS DOWN of the percentages “gays” win. -nmh

WAT.

No, seriously, wat.

I know a gay couple who adopted a little girl. They're guys. And they would never abuse her, or any kid, for that matter. And I'm going to want to see the statistics there, dude. From what I read in the newspaper every day, it seems that the most common demographic to abuse children is people connected to the child although not necessarily within the immediate family.