Author Topic: Woman “marries” building  (Read 10972 times)

Offline BigChrisfilm

• Apprentice
  • This just happend?

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Re: Woman “marries” building
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:33:26 pm »
I think it's a good way to protest the gentrification she says it going on in the area.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:36:02 pm »
Wow. The conservatives were right about gay marriage!

Edit: Wait, this woman is marrying an abandoned warehouse to protest it being made into....apartments.

She's protesting the creation of new homes replacing an unused structure because of a vague "gentrification is bad" argument.

This woman's a fucking idiot!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:37:35 pm by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 04:07:43 am »
Wow. The conservatives were right about gay marriage!

Edit: Wait, this woman is marrying an abandoned warehouse to protest it being made into....apartments.

She's protesting the creation of new homes replacing an unused structure because of a vague "gentrification is bad" argument.

This woman's a fucking idiot!

"Gentrification is bad," says the woman who's probably never done more than drive past the seedy neighborhoods.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 04:41:15 am »
Her base argument is that gentrification is bad for poor minorities.

I'm sure that keeping an abandoned warehouse from being made into apartments will help all of the poor black people looking for housing!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 10:19:06 am »
How she planning on consummating the marriage?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 03:10:31 pm »

I have an answer for that. I choose not to give it.

Aivaz caused some unintended controversy with her ceremony. A pair of protestors showed up to the event, objecting to her use of the term "gay marriage" because it weakens the fight to legal same-sex marriage in the state.

"With the delicate nature of Washington state and the attempt to legalize gay marriage, I find her saying it's a gay marriage disrespectful," Phoenix Lopez told KOMO.

"Her saying it's a gay marriage sets the community back with Christians and politicians and gives them a chance to say, 'See, we told you, they're going to want to marry everything if we give them the opportunity,'" added fellow protestor Johnny McCollum-Blair. "Having compassion against something you love, I understand, but to call it a gay union is irresponsible."

Usually I'm suspicious of the "don't do this because stupid people might get stupid conclusions from it" argument, but I have to agree here. This is not gay marriage any more than it is straight marriage*. It makes no sense, and accomplishes nothing other than give stupid people talking points.

*Because the building is clearly a genderqueer bisexual
Σא

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 04:08:07 pm »
Her base argument is that gentrification is bad for poor minorities.

I'm sure that keeping an abandoned warehouse from being made into apartments will help all of the poor black people looking for housing!

Yes, of course. Actually making low-income housing available is gentrification.

http://www.centraldistrictnews.com/2012/07/10th-and-union-warehouse-widow-making-arrangements-to-wed-yesler-terrace/

God, what an idiot.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 04:24:31 pm »
One of the comments:

"I know the heart wants what the heart wants, but it seems like a bad idea to only court partners on their death beds."

Offline BigChrisfilm

• Apprentice
  • This just happend?
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 04:47:01 pm »

I have an answer for that. I choose not to give it.

Aivaz caused some unintended controversy with her ceremony. A pair of protestors showed up to the event, objecting to her use of the term "gay marriage" because it weakens the fight to legal same-sex marriage in the state.

"With the delicate nature of Washington state and the attempt to legalize gay marriage, I find her saying it's a gay marriage disrespectful," Phoenix Lopez told KOMO.

"Her saying it's a gay marriage sets the community back with Christians and politicians and gives them a chance to say, 'See, we told you, they're going to want to marry everything if we give them the opportunity,'" added fellow protestor Johnny McCollum-Blair. "Having compassion against something you love, I understand, but to call it a gay union is irresponsible."

Usually I'm suspicious of the "don't do this because stupid people might get stupid conclusions from it" argument, but I have to agree here. This is not gay marriage any more than it is straight marriage*. It makes no sense, and accomplishes nothing other than give stupid people talking points.

*Because the building is clearly a genderqueer bisexual

It baffles me on why she wants it to be considered Gay marriage in the first place. To call it gay marriage instead of just marriage creates a divide between the two in the first place. If someone wants gay people to be treated the same the first thing they'd need to do is stop separating the two upon discretion. No different than referring bathrooms as white or black bathrooms. Shows me that everyone truly does realize there is a difference.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 04:50:32 pm »
More importantly, calling it gay marriage is implying that either the warehouse is really a human woman....or she's really a warehouse.

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 07:00:07 pm »
It baffles me on why she wants it to be considered Gay marriage in the first place. To call it gay marriage instead of just marriage creates a divide between the two in the first place. If someone wants gay people to be treated the same the first thing they'd need to do is stop separating the two upon discretion. No different than referring bathrooms as white or black bathrooms. Shows me that everyone truly does realize there is a difference.

You know... when I first saw this thread, and the identity of its author, I immediately thought it was just a lame, underhanded attempt at "opening our eyes" to the true nature of marriage. That Chris opened this debate about a deliberate travesty of wedding with the ulterior motive of helping us realise that, deep down, behind the layers of liberal indoctrination, we all share the same, self-evident definition of marriage as him.

In other words, I suspected him of being a narrow-minded near-sighted jackass who believes that some piece of shared cultural baggage constitutes a divinely-inspired, absolute and timeless Law of Nature and Morality... with the corollary that anyone who doesn't agree with him is not just ignorant or insufficiently thoughtful, but rather in wilful denial of the divine truth. Contrary opinions are therefore inherently sinful and ought to be politely listened to, then ignored completely.

I later revised my judgement, and blamed myself for being so negatively prejudiced towards the religious.

Sometimes I wish I was wrong about people in general, and those people in particular.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:06:35 pm by Murdin »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 07:44:16 pm »

You know... when I first saw this thread, and the identity of its author, I immediately thought it was just a lame, underhanded attempt at "opening our eyes" to the true nature of marriage. That Chris opened this debate about a deliberate travesty of wedding with the ulterior motive of helping us realise that, deep down, behind the layers of liberal indoctrination, we all share the same, self-evident definition of marriage as him.

In other words, I suspected him of being a narrow-minded near-sighted jackass who believes that some piece of shared cultural baggage constitutes a divinely-inspired, absolute and timeless Law of Nature and Morality... with the corollary that anyone who doesn't agree with him is not just ignorant or insufficiently thoughtful, but rather in wilful denial of the divine truth. Contrary opinions are therefore inherently sinful and ought to be politely listened to, then ignored completely.

I later revised my judgement, and blamed myself for being so negatively prejudiced towards the religious.

Sometimes I wish I was wrong about people in general, and those people in particular.

.....what?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 07:49:35 pm »
I think that was an overcomplicated way to say "I judged someone based on prejudices, and I was wrong.  Sorry."

That being said, the basis behind calling it "Gay Marriage", while BCF makes an excellent point, is mostly as a quick talking point to make sure everyone is on the same page.  It's not meant as a form of segregation, but more so a topic identifier.  Like talking about ladders and stepladders.  (I wonder if anyone's going to get THAT reference.)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 08:42:20 pm »
How DARE all of you erase the sexuality of that proud, Lesbian building!!

She knew she was lesbian from the day she was built from the ground up, and has wanted to marry this woman for a very, very long time.

Shame on all of you.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer